The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member
    Anyone have any advice for quitting smoking *feeling nicotene reduction already* Have to go out and get some sugar free candy or such today...grrrr..something I must do though....

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

suck on something

If you don't know what to suck on... drop me a line.... i'll give you a couple of ideas... well..... ok not a couple.. but one.. for sure
    Eat Tuna!
    "Ya don't touch my tuna, I don't kill you."- by Tuna Master
    "Part of getting what you want is knowing what you have to give up." - by who knows. ME? Eat Tuna!
    My Journal - My FitDay -

Gonnabebig Member
    Just think about how unattractive smoking makes you look, think about how you work out to be healthy, but smoke to be unhealthy(isn't much logic in doing those 2 things together). Think about how you don't wanna sound like a frog in 20 or 30 years, cuz you can't hardly talk. Think about the coughing fits. Think about how you wanna be able to play ball or workout with your children when they are teenagers. Do you still want to smoke???? I could go on for quite a while.

If my mom can quit smoking cold turkey during her and my father's divorce, I'm sure you can quit!!! And don't ever think elsewise!! Prove to everyone that you are shiznit and smoking won't control you!

Hey LizzyBear,
    I managed to quit smoking but it took me about a month to be completely ok with things. I was up to smoking more than half a pack a day, partly to manage stress, and curb food cravings, and also because it was something to do in between slow spells at work. Nothing worse mind you than the girl working in the nutrition store standing outside hacking a dart

Anyways, at first it was tough, I was masively irritable (just ask Ronan). I didn't find my eating was affected by stopping though. In the first 2 weeks I still snuck a smoke here and there but gradually it started becoming grosser and grosser and my cravings lessoned. Hmm don't think "grosser" is really a word.

I can not tell you how worth it is to quit especially if you enjoy working out! My lungs have never felt better and my cravings are pretty much gone except when I get very stressed. Even still I know it's not worth getting hooked again as I don't want to have to quit again..

But if you quit smoking you won't get one of those cool holes in your throat that you can smoke/drink through straws out of!!!

j/k

I need to quit also. I quit for 4 months before on a bet and then went back. Why? Because I enjoyed smoking and wasn't too concerned about my health. Now health has become more important too me, I don't just go pump iron, but try to watch what I eat and realize that smoking's gotta go. I'd rather quit after a good cutting cycle though as I know I'll add quite a few pounds.

It's hard to quit something that is a habit you enjoy so much. My dad was a big drinker/smoker and he died of cirrohses of the liver(sp?). I dunno if I'll ever be able to quit drinking, but I drink a lot less now. Unfortunately I still go binge drink to unwind on the weekend, but now it's only a couple times a month max versus 2-4 times per week. I guess working full time and having huge mofo bills to pay has made me responsible or somethin.

Anyway, finding a replacement for smoking was my worst problem. I need to get up every hour or two at work and go smoke, or do something for 5 minutes so that's when I find it toughest. Oh and bars are impossible. Keep us posted on how you do and I'll let you know when I give it muh best shot.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Cigarettes=Nasty!!!
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

Hey Lizzy,

I just quit smoking last week, talk about a long 7 days! So I know you can do it too!

Yellow stained teeth - need I say more.
    =Kenobi=

The Force is strong in this one...

bone crusher
    Only a few drugs are more addictive than niccotine(Basicly only methamphetamine). Cigarrettes are more addictive than crack.

I know this is not popular method, but i quit a 10 year habit where i had achieved pack a day levels in 2.5 years ago (jan 18 , 1999)

Best thing i ever did.

I used a combination of nicotine gum, and smoking doobies (non addictive) to give me relaxtion whilst weaning me from the actions of holding cigarettes, and the infamous "drag".
    Most of all though, my mental state had turned on cigs and i started to hate what they were doing to me!

Blah blah i know it MAY effect test levels, but high test isn't going to do me any good if i am dead or unable to workout. tuttut I have not noticed any symptoms of decreased test (ie gyno, no muscles/gains).

This is truely a "medical" use. I tried to quit several times before and failed. It just so happened several things came together that made me WANT to quit. COughing, almost lighting myself on fire whilst smoking in bed, no energy, possible heart disease....

Nothing worse than being a pudgey smoker!

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Doc= Pot smoking mofo!
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL