Thread: Max OT-Cardio or 45 min low intensity cardio?

Hybrid View

Max OT-Cardio or 45 min low intensity cardio?

I am just curious to what is the most effective time and intensity for doing cardio for losing fat. I have read that doing a Max-OT cardio for 16 minutes on high intensity is far more effective than doing 45 minutes on low intensity workout. I know that high intensity is for cardiovascular benefits and low intensity is for burning fat. Doctors tell me that running 1 mile and walking 1 mile still burns the same calories and the only difference between the two is that walking takes longer. Any opinions on this subject would be very helpful.

Max OT-Cardio article:

http://www.ast-ss.com/dev/qa_search/...xt.asp?ID=1795
    405 Deadlift
    275 Bench
    365 Squat

funny ya mentioned this as i am gonna try it out.
    STATS:
    • 5'9"
    • ~185

The Big 3 (2 sets):
    Flat BB Bench 270
    Deadlift 355 (no belt/straps)
    Squat

Beware of Attack Ferrets
    why listen to a doctor who is not in as good of shape as you are?

I've had some really good results with High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) it's been by far the most effective way to lose pounds and not put in alot of workout time.

Thanks FuriousFerret. I did some research on HIIT and I will try it for a month and see if the fat melts away. Should I do HIIT on my days off from weights early in the morning? I'm looking at doing HIIT 4 days a week on my days off from weight training. I am also cutting my calories by 1000. How does HIIT work? I assume you do 90% intensity for 30 sec and than 50% intensity for another 30 seconds untill you complete 15 minutes. Is it better to HIIT with sprints, treadmill, stairmaster, or stationay bike?

Good hiit article
    http://www.musclemedia.com/magazine/v69/HIIT.asp

please post more topics on HIIT
    405 Deadlift
    275 Bench
    365 Squat

Beware of Attack Ferrets
    I go (and this applies to all excercises) 5 minutes warm-up (low intensity) then 30 seconds full intesity and 30 seconds low intensity. Repeat for about 20 minutes. When that gets easy go to a 45-15 ratio...

It doesn't really matter what excercise you do as long as the intensity is there, and the ratios I use aren't set in stone, but you see were I'm getting with it.

I wouldn't drop the calories too much, dont make the mistake I did and lose 1/2 an inch of muscle off your arms.