The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig New Member

Help the fat kid lose the weight please

Ok, I'm new to the forums...been browsing around....I'm currently a big fat kid. Im like 320 and 6' 1" mostly fat....im pretty strong...but fat. I eat bullshit like every other person...yet no more nor less then my friends usually....yet Im fat. I also had one wicked case of gyne and im getting that stuff taken care of. So this leads me to my question. What diet plans out there should I follow? I want to lose weight, and start lifting again. From browsing around I see I should start cardio first thing as I get up, get up drive to the gym and hit the treadmill on an empty stomach. I plan on getting a personal trainer and hitting the gym 5 days a week. I just dont know what to eat...I have a general idea, but nothing concrete. I think thats where I get off track...I eat something I think is good...yet I find out it has alot of carbs and it just throws me out of my game. Anyone have a diet they can copy and paste into this thread for me? Im looking to get big, but I first need to lose the fat I guess. Start from scratch. I know keeping carbs to a minimum is a good thing, not too many calories...and eat lean meats like poltry or fish. Can anyone "help the fat kid" and get me un-fat? Show me a diet or a good routine to do while at the gym with weights? Any help would be great...thanks all.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Eat clean food. We don't ALL eat crap food. I don't know what kinda food you normally eat but just use some common sense, rice, brocoli and chicken dinner is better than a supersized McDeath. I have always been more underweight than over so I don't really know how to help you there other than say get dedicated to the cardio. Sounds like you have a plan for that already. Lift weights, eat low fat, nutricious foods and hit the cardio consistently. Some others on this site probably may have more knowledge to help you out but i doubt it will differ much from cardio, eat clean and do these consistently.
    Man, if he do but live within the light of high endeavors, daily spreads abroad his being armed with strength that cannot fail.

--Wordsworth

Check out the online journals. You can find some ideas about what foods to add into your diet, and also read the some of the articles in the diet and nutrition section. That should get you on the right track and ask the board if you have any specific questions. Good luck.

Wannabebig Member
    cardio, try it its great!

Wannabebig Member
    Listen, there ain't no miracle pill. There is no secret diet. What you have to do is bust your ass every single day. You have to suffer.

FREAK IN THA' MAKING!!! duque21's Avatar
    2 RIP is right there is no 'MIRACLE PILL" but you might want to try some thing like an ECA stack or hydroxycut or Xenadrine to give you a bit of a jump start.

I know first hand what it takes to slim down, I am about 5'8 and weighed about 225 at one time. That was when I did not work out, I was all fat. Now I am all muslce and weigh about 192-195.

When I was on a cutting diet I went from 225-175 in about 9 months. Bro let me tell you, once you start to see progress you waont want to stop and it will become easier to lose the fat.

If you want to know exactly how I did it just hit me up with a Private message.

And welcome to the forum.

thats pretty impressive duque21, do you have any pictures of your progress?
    Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant and she fell on me? Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.

A good freind will bail you out of jail, a best freind will sit next to you and say "that was fuckin unreal".

Rehab is for quitters

Helpthefatkid....thats such a great username hehe
    -Stray-

"When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win." - Ed Macauley

I work out because I have two daughters.....and one day they'll be teenagers.

Starting all over again :(
    ^^^^^^ yea, I was laughing when I saw that.

But yea, I was fat just about all my life. I lost alot of weight just from diet alone, so really watch what you eat.

Wannabebig Member
    I was also somewhat fat when I was younger, and I still have some fat that I'd like to get rid of, but anyway...
    If you wanna loose fat don't expect it to happen over night, it's a process where you need patience.

First of all, you should either join your local gym, or get some kind of cardio equipment, like a treadmill, bike or whatever.
    There's lots of way to do cardio, you could ride your bike outside, run arond the block or just walk your dog (If you have one)
    But the easiest way would probably be to get some equipment because you can see how many calories you've burned off, among other things.

So, what to do when you got the equipment or joined the gym?
    Well, for one, start doing your cardio, even if it's just for a few minutes every day, it's progress.
    And like everyone else here said, watch what you eat, you don't need to make a complex diet where you count your calories or anything, although it would help, but just make sure you eat healthy.
    Healthy doesn't have to be boring, there's lot of good healthy food out there, for example chicken with rice, tuna salads, scrambled eggs, just search the web and you'll figure out what to eat

A rule of thumb is that when you wanna burn fat, you should eat less calories then you burn, but keep in mind that this is a process!
    Today maybe you do cardio for 5 minutes and burn 25 calories, and in a few weeks maybe you do cardio for 20 minutes and burn 100 calories!
    It's easy to give up in the beginning, but just stick with it, and you'll start seeing results!

Good luck!
    Last edited by Bornslip; 09-26-2002 at 08:01 AM.
    Pain Comes With The Game

Don't try to change everything at once. One habit at a time.

For example, try to clean up your diet the first week. The second week try going to lift some weights three times a week and keep working on your diet. The third, start counting calories. The fourth, add 1-2 cardio sessions. And so on and so forth.
    "Then on leg day do squats, lunges, stiff legged deadlifts, fluffernutters, and calf raises."--Belial, training a newbie

PowermanDL on Russian culture: "Big furry hats come into play somewhere."

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." --Thomas Paine

Jane is right, baby steps. Will help you keep everything on tack and not ditch it after all this overwhelms you. All the info given here was good though.

Also go read some of the basic dieting articles on the homepage, they are great.
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Grasshoppa
    Cutting down the body fat starts with your diet. Then I would move on to a training routine/cardio.

Most people use an ECA stack as a sort of crutch...don't depend on it, depend on yourself, your diet.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

is there an easy way to count callories?
    Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant and she fell on me? Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.

A good freind will bail you out of jail, a best freind will sit next to you and say "that was fuckin unreal".

Rehab is for quitters

I just get a small notebook and write won everything I eat, and at the end of the day I will tally it up using a calorie counting book. You can purchase one at most any bookstore, but make sure that it has the carbohydrate/protien/fat content listed along with the calories. You can also set up a free account on fitday that will help you track your calories. Good luck.

www.fitday.com

Grasshoppa
    http://www.fitday.com is a good way as well.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Wannabebig New Member

Sugar

Hey, Fatkid, you said you want to loose weight. Well, the first thing you have to do is cut the sugar just about all forms of sugar except from fresh fruits and vegetables. Also, cut all forms of juices unless it is fresh fruit juice. Substitute juices for lots of water. Drinking cokes will keep you fat, and eating all the sweets that taste good will keep you fat. I don't care how much cardio you do or how much weight you can lift if you don't have a good diet then the Sh$# won't work. Its all about what you want in life if you want the bomb ass body then you got to do what it takes to get it. If you want that fine ass chick then you go to be the bomb ass man to get the chick. What you put in is what you will get out.

Second, after you get your diet down to a science find you a workout routine that will push you beyond what you normally could do and stick with it no matter what happens.

Lastly, just work your ass off and the rest will take care of its self.

well put digitale

Rehab is for quitters