Thread: your routine will need to become almost all isolation movements

your routine will need to become almost all isolation movements

I was just wondering how everyone felt this rates? I am recently going to try to drop a few pounds of fat after a too successful 'bulking' cycle where I gained too much bulk and not enough muscle!

I found this article at

http://www.allnaturalbodybuilding.co...losingfat2.htm

"As you near competition levels of bodyfat... (if that is your goal) you will become weaker! (the horror!!!) You will not be eating as many calories and as such your routine will need to become almost all isolation movements and only high rep compound movements. "

playin the iron game...

FREAK IN THA' MAKING!!! duque21's Avatar
    I have no clue what the hell the article is saying.

I don't see the realation between isolation movement and compound movements when it comes to droping body fat for competion. I would just stick with cardio and compund movements for sliming down and retaining as much muscle as possible.

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    WTF? Why would I do high rep isolation exercises cause I wasn't eating as much? That's like saying I'm gonna drink a gallon of orange paint becuase I'm sleeping less at night.

WTF

Yeah..that's retarded. I was still doing deads leading up 2 weeks out from my comp. Hell, I pulled an ugly 450 at 6 percent.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    I hearby poop on this thread

Accipiter........I second that motion.

I've heard that as you near competition you want to focus your training on all isolation movements, using DB/cables/machines, because those help bring out muscle separation. They focus the muscle not the muscle group. And judges really look at muscle separation. Just my 2 cents.

Mystic Eric
    Originally posted by TreeTrunks
    I've heard that as you near competition you want to focus your training on all isolation movements, using DB/cables/machines, because those help bring out muscle separation. They focus the muscle not the muscle group. And judges really look at muscle separation. Just my 2 cents.

You know man, judging from the time you've spent on this board, I'd think you would be wiser than that.

Stats
    5'10,185-190lbs, 12-16%bf

I knew that article was full of shiat.

Could anybody find a "contact us" link on the web page? I didn't.
    playin the iron game...

That is TOTAL bullsh*t man, dont listen to it at all. Heavy weights in compound movements grew your muscles so heavy weights in compound movements will keep your muscles.
    Last edited by MonStar; 09-27-2002 at 05:59 AM.

Cottage cheese addict LiftAgain's Avatar
    Originally posted by CorbinCole
    I knew that article was full of shiat.

Could anybody find a "contact us" link on the web page? I didn't.
    There is a feedback link at the main page

Didn't say I beleived its just sruff i've heard from various bodybuilders on the web and in the gym i used to work at.

TT, they are wrong.

The 'detail' is due to having very low bodyfat and being dehydrated. Cables, high reps, and isolation have nothing to do with that.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

3:16
    if any thing isolation would be the last thing to do as. you have limited recovery abilties. doing each body part via isolation would take a lot longer and more volume. by decreasing the volume gives you a better chance to recover.

you can always use less weight when doing the compounds.
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.