The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Success Nourishes Hope Shankerr's Avatar

Hair Removal.. I know, gross

I have a bit of an issue with bodyhair. I'm not really sure where this should be posted, but I fiigured in the training since it is kind of related. I need a good method of hair removal from chest back and arms. is waxing alone good? or shaving? something else?? I've heard a hundred and one different methods, but none of them seem to be to agree with the next. Can some poeple here give me a general consensus on the best way to deal with this problem of mine? I'm heading on vacation again in two weeks, and I want to be able to have my shirt off at the beach without embarrassment....

thanks

shane
    Let me get this straight...
    You get play from the girl of your dreams
    PR Shoulder Press using the 3 digit dumbells
    Hit up some fun with the guys
    Then get more play
    (all in one afternoon/evening I might add.. S)
    You are a success my friend . Share your secrets. (Crippy)

rookiebldr says:
    As for the weight gain, that too shouldn't be a problem, just tell them your leaning out. Then flex your bi and tell them to ****ing get lost.
    Shane says:
    yeah or throw something at them
    rookiebldr says:
    like a couple of 45's

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Shanekerr...omg...do you play tennis? heh..we have this joke. Know what a shank is? When you hit the ball on the frame. Well, my friend kept doing it, so we called him Shane Kerr... Try Epil-Stop or Nair or anything. If it hurts, deal with it, cause the results will be worth it Hairy bastards...I have hair, but it's all blonde, except my head..so you can't tell, haha.

Don't shave. It's a myth that it'll grow back thicker, but when it grows back the natural taper of the hair shaft will no longer be there; the tips will be lovely and thick. This is unsightly, and itchy as hell.

Waxing (ouch), Nair (so-so), plucking (Youch, but okay if you just want to do a small area), etc. if you can deal with the discomfort, get a wax. Bring your girlfriend (or wife, or mommy) along. When the wax gets pulled off, make sure she's close by so that she can hold you while you cry uncontrollably.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Continuously Dangerously
    im not very hairy at all, but what i do have i dont want.

i have waxed a few times- chest, stomach, and arms. if you can stand the pain its definitely your best bet. it takes quite a while to comes back, and when it does it isnt all stubbly or anything, in fact it comes back a little bit finer. i'd also have someone do it for you, giving yourself a good wax takes some practice.

dont shave, like the previous post said, youre basically chopping it off at its thickest point, so thats the starting point when it comes back.

nair i can not recommend, the stuff is basically acid and you will give yourself some bad chemical burns. the one time i tried it i lost the top layer of skin and it really irritated it too, had a bad breakout, looked a lot worse than hair.

plucking will also work if youre patient, i typically do that for my chest/stomach since i have a small enough amount that it works the best.

wax: the first time it will hurt like hell but the more you do it the less painfull it is.
    upper chest freak

If you wax, here are some tips...

Shave the area first, then wait about 2 weeks to get waxed. Most of the hair you have will have grown out some. The first time you get waxed, it will hurt because the most hair is being removed. After that, there is less hair each time; hairs grow at different rates. Eventually the hairs will grow back finer and finer and may even stop altogether. Also, try not to get waxed at night... most people's pain tolerance is less at night.

Way below radar
    Somewhere between cognitive dissonance and the egocentric dilemma
    Waxing is probably your best bet, though it can be painful...it's very effective and lasts a long time.

Just think though, as much as it hurts, imagine what a bikini wax feels like...

I could give all to Time except - except
    What I myself have held. But why declare
    The things forbidden that while the Customs slept
    I have crossed to Safety with? For I am There,
    And what I would not part with I have kept.

--Robert Frost

Isn't waxing really expensive?

Originally posted by IceRgrrl

Just think though, as much as it hurts, imagine what a bikini wax feels like...
    I have my own fantasy life, thank you very much.

"Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu

I'm gonna go with waxing too....also bullrider billy had a great point about not doing it at night.....although from what i understand, it's because you start to hold water as the day goes on, and you risk breaking off hairs as opposed to pulling them out at the root. for that large area though...go ahead and wax.

ps - if i can move this thread, i'm gonna move it to general health.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Isn't waxing really expensive?
    Mm... not really. A few years ago it cost me about $25 including the tip, to get my back done. That was every 4-5 weeks.

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    *cough*pansies*cough*

Unless you look like you are wearing a sweater when you have no shirt on, I wouldn't go plucking or waxing or none of that garbage. Leave that to the ladies.
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

I use nair on my back with a loofah sponge, about once a month.

I got this tip from GB....the great thing about it being so toxic is that it gets rid of zits too by overdrying the skin

Hmm...Nair? That stuff did nothin for me when I tried it on my legs. I"ve heard epil stop is good stuff though. I may try that in the future.

'Can...what in blue hell is a Loofah Sponge?

"Success is never behind you, it is always, always in front of you."

Way below radar
    Somewhere between cognitive dissonance and the egocentric dilemma
    Originally posted by spideyongear

'Can...what in blue hell is a Loofah Sponge?
    A loofah sponge is the dried inside of a gourd (grows on a vine, you peel off the skin, and the sponge-like loofah is exposed).

It's a semi-rough scrubbing tool...exfoliates and stimulates the skin.

I could give all to Time except - except
    What I myself have held. But why declare
    The things forbidden that while the Customs slept
    I have crossed to Safety with? For I am There,
    And what I would not part with I have kept.

--Robert Frost

Hey Belial,
    Is it really a myth or does it just not happen to you. I'm just wondering because I started shaving my chest and stomach two years ago, and after everytime I shave I can actually see new hair starting. My hair has gotten tons thicker since then and I am way hairer(what the hell) then the boys in my family. Just curious if you know.

Like I (and codei) said, the hair will grow back with the tips much broader than an unshaven hair. So yes, the overall appearance will be more bristly.

No I was meaning does more hair actually grow, because it sure seemed to on me. But that could have just happend anyway.

No, there's no way shaving can cause your hair to come back thicker... that hair would have grown in thicker if you had shaved or not. Waxing doesn't hurt that much and maintenance is easy. Unless you've got really thick hair (the individual hairs themselves that is... I'm not talkin how much area they cover) just shave it. It's easy and you won't have a problem if you just keep up with it. If your hair is really thick n wirey then just get yourself waxed or you're gonna have a nice sandpaper smooth chest n stomach. heh heh heh.
    "We cannot but pity the boy who has never fired a gun; he is no more humane, while his education has been sadly neglected."
    -Henry David Thoreau

"For the last ten years, Saddam has been building, stockpiling and hiding weapons all over the ****in desert, while laughing at the UN. As soon as Bush says, 'That's it we're comin in to kick your ass,' and the UN is inches away from supporting him. Saddam turns around and says, 'Um... United Nations.... sure, we'll let the weapons inspectors in.... no terms or conditions.' The United Nations.... being the left-wing, pansy-ass, limp-wristed, liberal bastards they are, turn around and believe him."
    -Col. Foreman, USAF

email: tadger@wannabebig.com
    secure email: tadger@cyber-rights.net

It's probably too late for your upcoming vacation, but another thing to consider is laser removal. I think you have to have this done by a dermatologist or plastic surgeon. It's more expensive than other methods, but is supposed to be permanent. I've never talked to anyone who's had it done, but I've seen ads for it in the local papers. I suspect it will gradually become more available and cheaper.

DONT SHAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! Or you will look like a bear who escaped from the local zoo.

I would say use nair.

i've tried nair and it didn't gave me great results.Waxing is the best in my opinion
    upper chest freak

Success Nourishes Hope Shankerr's Avatar
    Heath - I don't play tennis, but i do play squash :-) Kind of an interesting coincidence. My nickname came from the neighbours at my cottage when i was like 7 years old. ever since then, alot of my mates have been calling me Shanker :-)

Thanks everyone who helped me out, looks like waxing is the best by consensus, so off to the waxing place I go :-) Oh, and its not quite like wearing a sweater in my case, but I still think that the muscle definition looks better when its not concealed by hair, personally anyway :-)

thanks everyone

Shane
    Let me get this straight...
    You get play from the girl of your dreams
    PR Shoulder Press using the 3 digit dumbells
    Hit up some fun with the guys
    Then get more play
    (all in one afternoon/evening I might add.. S)
    You are a success my friend . Share your secrets. (Crippy)

rookiebldr says:
    As for the weight gain, that too shouldn't be a problem, just tell them your leaning out. Then flex your bi and tell them to ****ing get lost.
    Shane says:
    yeah or throw something at them
    rookiebldr says:
    like a couple of 45's

Laser Light treatment is supposed to be permanent hair removal.

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    I shave my stomache and the hair hasn't come in all that much darker when it actually does. Just a note.