Thread: My Journal

Hybrid View

wrestler

My Journal

My Journal
    ---------------------------------------
    Thursday, September 26th, 2002
    Didn't lift today, cheated on my diet the whole day. Had a soccer game. Thats about it. Tommorow I am starting my diet up strict again. I am thinking of my lifting plan. Its so hard with my schedule. My goals as of right now are:

increase my strength, flexibility, grip, speed, endurance, be 140-143 by thanksgiving, Bench 145x6, Deadlift 205, Squat 165x10. 10 pullups, 10 chinups, 25 pushups. 5:30 mile.

I am going to start using a MAX OT type training program and try to get as strong as possible and not worry about how big I am getting until wrestling season is over.
    Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life, No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

My Journal

God Bless!

wrestler
    Friday, September 27th, 2002

It was a great day for my diet, I had to stay after school for my soccer game, then the whole soccer team went out to a chinese buffet and I turned it down, cheerleaders were offering free pizza and I turned it down. I got my sister to bring me a ensure bar and I needed that wawa shorti. Im so happy though. I decided I wanted to have a strong grip for wrestling. So I found a tennis ball in my bookbag that I found on the ground one day after soccer practice and I started squeezing for 2 periods. Then I wasn't that sore. But 3 periods later I did it again and when I started I could feel the stiffness but then it went away. I was shaking people's hands all day trying to test my grip. It wasn't that sore at all though last night.

6:20- bowl of cocoa puffs with skim
    10:30 2 turkey sausage links
    12:45 protein plus power bar
    7:00 Ensure bar
    10:00 30 calories of propel, turkey and cheese wawa shorti
    12:30 2 egg whites, 4g of vitamin c, multi, 1 slice of swiss cheese
    Last edited by waterbuckat; 09-28-2002 at 09:37 AM.
    Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life, No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

My Journal

God Bless!

wrestler
    Just as a guidline for my routine, I will get at least 2 days rest between workouts.
    My routine:
    Push
    Squat- 2 sets, 4-8reps
    incline db Bench- 2 sets, 4-6 reps
    Military press- 2 sets, 4-8 reps
    close grip bench- 1 set, 1 DS,4-6 reps
    cable tri pulldowns- 1 set, 6 reps
    calf raise- 2 sets, 10 reps in , 10 reps out, 10 reps middle, 10 reps reverse
    DB fly's- 1 set, 8 reps
    Rear delt db raise- 1 set, 8 reps
    Leg Extentions- 1 set, 4-6 reps
    pushups- 2 sets to failure
    dips- 2 sets to failure
    Reverse curl- 1 set, 4-6
    Wrist curl- 1 set, 4-8
    broomstick- 5pdxfailure

PULL
    Deadlift- 2 sets, 4-6
    Upright Rows- 1 set, 1 DS, 4-6reps
    SLDL- 1 set, 8 reps
    tbar rows- 1 set, 4-6 reps
    Hamstring curl- 1 set, 4-6 reps
    BB Curl- 2 sets, 4-6 reps
    lat cable pulldowns- 1 set, 4-6 reps
    glute ham raise- 1 set, failure
    widegrip lat pullups- 1 set, failure
    Preacher curl- 1 set, 4-6 reps
    DB Shrugs- 2 sets, 4-8 reps
    chin ups- 2 sets, failure
    pullups- 2 sets, failure

My Journal

God Bless!

wrestler
    Saturday, September 28th, 2002

Woke up at 10:30 so I got about 10 hours of sleep. Boy I needed that! My grip is dead, my hands and the muscles right below my wrist are dead. Wow, I have never been this sore in my life in a certain area. And I have been pretty sore. It hurt so bad to open up my bathroom door! I like it! All I did was squeeze a tennis ball. At 11:30 I ran to grandpops(mile) mowed his lawn (hour and a half to two hours) then ran a mile back. On the mile back I didn't have anything in my stomach so hopefully it burned some fat! Scratched the forearm training becuase my forearms were so sore! Stuck to my diet good today. I have a wrestling tournament on Oct. 6th and Oct. 13th, I plan on going 145 for both, I may have to cut a little water weight I got about 200 bucks now from work, in a week or two im gonna get some more whey and glutamine. My workout went awesome today and I love the push pull full body workout. I think am going to work my neck at school and abs and forearms twice a week on days I don't lift.

10:30- Meal 1- bowl of cocoa puffs with skim milk, natural peanut butter and low sugar jelly on wheat bread, multi, 4g of vitamin c
    2:00- Meal 2(postrun)- 2 slices of wheat bread, 1 slice of swiss cheese, half can of chicken breast, 1/2 TBSP of light mayo
    7:00-Meal 3(preworkout)- cup of raisen brain, cup of skim milk, 1/2 cup of nonfat cottage cheese, 1g of vitamin c
    9:00-Meal 4(postworkout)- 3 scoops of GNC Mega Whey, 12 oz of skim milk, 1 banana
    11:30- Meal 5- Bowl of lettuce, 1/2 can of chicken breast, 1 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tbsp of vinegar

LIFTING- Push-48min
    parallel squat- 155-8, 165-6 - more heavy on the squats, more warmup
    db bench- 40-8, 50-fail- couldn't get hte 50's up, didn't do the incline this week
    smith machine military press- 30(+smith bar)-7, 35-5, warm up next time
    close grip bench- 115-6, DS 105-3
    tri cable pulldown- 40-8, heavy next time, keep elbows at side
    calf raises- 45- 10in, 10out, 10 straight, 10 reverse, 45- 10 straight, 10 in, 10 out, 10 reverse- killer pump, worked them good
    incline db fly- 20-8- really worked the chest
    rear delt raise- 10-8
    leg extensions- 60-8- more weight
    pushups- 20
    dips- 4

My Journal

God Bless!

wrestler
    Sunday, September 29th, 2002

Got 71/2 hours of sleep. Grip still sore. Walked a mile this mourning before my meal, took me 30 minutes. Cheat day! Just realized my vitamin c had a gram of sugar and other stuff in it like fructose and sucrose and all that bad stuff. I am taking my moms pills now that are pure vitamin c. 7:30 I ran a mile, good paced. 33 was my heartbeat for 15 secs after I ran, I walked up to my driveway and it was down to 25. Shouldn't of ate as much at night but o well. Next cheat meal im not eating any carbs after 8pm.

8:45- bowl of raisen brain, skim milk, multi, 3 oatmeal peanut butter cookies, 4 g of vitamin c
    11:30- 1 bagel and a half, cream cheese on all of it, 3 chocalate chip cookies, 12 oz of juice
    1:30- Mexican Hot pocket, 2 cookies
    6:30- 2 slices of wheat, natural peanut butter, low sugar jam, yogart, slice of pizza, 2 popice's
    8:20- salad, 3 hard boiled eggs, peppers, 80 cals of ceaser and roasted garlic dressing
    11:00- popcorn, bowl of icecream, banana, jimmies, chocalate sauce, 6 kiwi's, multi

My Journal

God Bless!