The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: My Journal

Hybrid View

wrestler

My Journal

My Journal
    ---------------------------------------
    Thursday, September 26th, 2002
    Didn't lift today, cheated on my diet the whole day. Had a soccer game. Thats about it. Tommorow I am starting my diet up strict again. I am thinking of my lifting plan. Its so hard with my schedule. My goals as of right now are:

increase my strength, flexibility, grip, speed, endurance, be 140-143 by thanksgiving, Bench 145x6, Deadlift 205, Squat 165x10. 10 pullups, 10 chinups, 25 pushups. 5:30 mile.

I am going to start using a MAX OT type training program and try to get as strong as possible and not worry about how big I am getting until wrestling season is over.
    Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life, No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

My Journal

God Bless!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

wrestler
    Friday, September 27th, 2002

It was a great day for my diet, I had to stay after school for my soccer game, then the whole soccer team went out to a chinese buffet and I turned it down, cheerleaders were offering free pizza and I turned it down. I got my sister to bring me a ensure bar and I needed that wawa shorti. Im so happy though. I decided I wanted to have a strong grip for wrestling. So I found a tennis ball in my bookbag that I found on the ground one day after soccer practice and I started squeezing for 2 periods. Then I wasn't that sore. But 3 periods later I did it again and when I started I could feel the stiffness but then it went away. I was shaking people's hands all day trying to test my grip. It wasn't that sore at all though last night.

6:20- bowl of cocoa puffs with skim
    10:30 2 turkey sausage links
    12:45 protein plus power bar
    7:00 Ensure bar
    10:00 30 calories of propel, turkey and cheese wawa shorti
    12:30 2 egg whites, 4g of vitamin c, multi, 1 slice of swiss cheese
    Last edited by waterbuckat; 09-28-2002 at 09:37 AM.
    Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life, No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

My Journal

God Bless!

wrestler
    Just as a guidline for my routine, I will get at least 2 days rest between workouts.
    My routine:
    Push
    Squat- 2 sets, 4-8reps
    incline db Bench- 2 sets, 4-6 reps
    Military press- 2 sets, 4-8 reps
    close grip bench- 1 set, 1 DS,4-6 reps
    cable tri pulldowns- 1 set, 6 reps
    calf raise- 2 sets, 10 reps in , 10 reps out, 10 reps middle, 10 reps reverse
    DB fly's- 1 set, 8 reps
    Rear delt db raise- 1 set, 8 reps
    Leg Extentions- 1 set, 4-6 reps
    pushups- 2 sets to failure
    dips- 2 sets to failure
    Reverse curl- 1 set, 4-6
    Wrist curl- 1 set, 4-8
    broomstick- 5pdxfailure

PULL
    Deadlift- 2 sets, 4-6
    Upright Rows- 1 set, 1 DS, 4-6reps
    SLDL- 1 set, 8 reps
    tbar rows- 1 set, 4-6 reps
    Hamstring curl- 1 set, 4-6 reps
    BB Curl- 2 sets, 4-6 reps
    lat cable pulldowns- 1 set, 4-6 reps
    glute ham raise- 1 set, failure
    widegrip lat pullups- 1 set, failure
    Preacher curl- 1 set, 4-6 reps
    DB Shrugs- 2 sets, 4-8 reps
    chin ups- 2 sets, failure
    pullups- 2 sets, failure

My Journal

God Bless!

wrestler
    Saturday, September 28th, 2002

Woke up at 10:30 so I got about 10 hours of sleep. Boy I needed that! My grip is dead, my hands and the muscles right below my wrist are dead. Wow, I have never been this sore in my life in a certain area. And I have been pretty sore. It hurt so bad to open up my bathroom door! I like it! All I did was squeeze a tennis ball. At 11:30 I ran to grandpops(mile) mowed his lawn (hour and a half to two hours) then ran a mile back. On the mile back I didn't have anything in my stomach so hopefully it burned some fat! Scratched the forearm training becuase my forearms were so sore! Stuck to my diet good today. I have a wrestling tournament on Oct. 6th and Oct. 13th, I plan on going 145 for both, I may have to cut a little water weight I got about 200 bucks now from work, in a week or two im gonna get some more whey and glutamine. My workout went awesome today and I love the push pull full body workout. I think am going to work my neck at school and abs and forearms twice a week on days I don't lift.

10:30- Meal 1- bowl of cocoa puffs with skim milk, natural peanut butter and low sugar jelly on wheat bread, multi, 4g of vitamin c
    2:00- Meal 2(postrun)- 2 slices of wheat bread, 1 slice of swiss cheese, half can of chicken breast, 1/2 TBSP of light mayo
    7:00-Meal 3(preworkout)- cup of raisen brain, cup of skim milk, 1/2 cup of nonfat cottage cheese, 1g of vitamin c
    9:00-Meal 4(postworkout)- 3 scoops of GNC Mega Whey, 12 oz of skim milk, 1 banana
    11:30- Meal 5- Bowl of lettuce, 1/2 can of chicken breast, 1 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tbsp of vinegar

LIFTING- Push-48min
    parallel squat- 155-8, 165-6 - more heavy on the squats, more warmup
    db bench- 40-8, 50-fail- couldn't get hte 50's up, didn't do the incline this week
    smith machine military press- 30(+smith bar)-7, 35-5, warm up next time
    close grip bench- 115-6, DS 105-3
    tri cable pulldown- 40-8, heavy next time, keep elbows at side
    calf raises- 45- 10in, 10out, 10 straight, 10 reverse, 45- 10 straight, 10 in, 10 out, 10 reverse- killer pump, worked them good
    incline db fly- 20-8- really worked the chest
    rear delt raise- 10-8
    leg extensions- 60-8- more weight
    pushups- 20
    dips- 4

My Journal

God Bless!

wrestler
    Sunday, September 29th, 2002

Got 71/2 hours of sleep. Grip still sore. Walked a mile this mourning before my meal, took me 30 minutes. Cheat day! Just realized my vitamin c had a gram of sugar and other stuff in it like fructose and sucrose and all that bad stuff. I am taking my moms pills now that are pure vitamin c. 7:30 I ran a mile, good paced. 33 was my heartbeat for 15 secs after I ran, I walked up to my driveway and it was down to 25. Shouldn't of ate as much at night but o well. Next cheat meal im not eating any carbs after 8pm.

8:45- bowl of raisen brain, skim milk, multi, 3 oatmeal peanut butter cookies, 4 g of vitamin c
    11:30- 1 bagel and a half, cream cheese on all of it, 3 chocalate chip cookies, 12 oz of juice
    1:30- Mexican Hot pocket, 2 cookies
    6:30- 2 slices of wheat, natural peanut butter, low sugar jam, yogart, slice of pizza, 2 popice's
    8:20- salad, 3 hard boiled eggs, peppers, 80 cals of ceaser and roasted garlic dressing
    11:00- popcorn, bowl of icecream, banana, jimmies, chocalate sauce, 6 kiwi's, multi

My Journal

God Bless!