Thread: New routine

New routine

Hey guys,
    I have decided I am going to start back football next year, and during the year before next season, I want to totally transform my body into a huge, hitting machine. I am startin a routine based on 4 movements, and I want to gain about 30-50lbs over this year, which will set me around 215-230lbs. I plan on eating tons of food, specially protein. Here is my routine.

Monday-chest and back
    Bench press- 5X5
    Dips-3X6
    French Presses-3X6
    Hammer Curls-3X8
    Military Presses-3X8
    Deadlift-5X5
    Rows-3X6
    SLDL-3X8

Wednesday-Legs
    Squats- 5X5
    Leg Presses-3X10
    Leg Curls-3X8
    Powerclean-5X5
    Leg Extension-3X8
    Calf Raises-4X10

Friday-same as monday

Sunday-same as wed
    I will just repeat this every other day. I will do some changing around, and I will also alternate some other assistance excersises ever 3 weeks.

SO what do you guys think? I really want to get my strength to a monsterous level, and be huge. I am gonna show everyone what a Linebacker/Center is sposed ta look like!!! I just wanna be big and strong, not pretty, and I don't wanna do any powerlifting routines....westside does NOT work well for me...after 5 weeks none of my maxes went up. Please respond ASAP. My year of transforming starts tommorow!!
    Last edited by Hercule; 09-29-2002 at 01:06 PM.

BUMP! Please tell me if I am gonna reach my goals with this routine!

Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar
    Football is all about quick explosive bursts of power. But you seem to be using a bodybuilding routine. My advice to you would be to focus on strength in a big way. What position do you play, or want to play? Answer that and I'll see if I can come up with some good strength-oriented stuff for you.

I play Center on offense, which usually pits me against the biggest, baddest player on the other team...the noseguard. ON defense, I play either noseguard, linbacker, or right/left tackle. I want to totally mow down everyone on the field. I just want a routine that will help me become more powerful, and also help me get ready for powerlifting. Thanks.

At first glance I'd tell you to take a look at Westside as far as powerlifting goes. For the positions you stated, you'll want a big bench, big back, and insanely powerful glutes, hams, and hips. All of this is addressed pretty well by Westside, but for the sake of fulfilling on what I said, here's a routine I think would help you.

Sunday
    Flat Bench - 4 sets of 3 reps (go heavy and don't fail)
    Close-grip Bench/JM Press - 2 sets of 8-10 reps
    Skullcrushers - 2 sets of 8-10 reps
    Side Lateral Raise - 2 sets of 8-10 reps
    Lats - 3 sets of 8-10 reps (any type of pullup or row)

Tuesday
    Deadlifts - 4 sets of 3 reps (any style, do each rep individually)
    Lower Back/Glutes/Hamstrings - 3 sets of 8-10 reps
    Abs - 3 sets of 8-10 reps
    Shrugs - 2 sest of 6-8 reps (if you feel like it)

Friday
    Squats - 5 sets of 3 reps (use a very wide stance, see me about form)
    Leg Press - 2 sets of 8-10 reps
    Lower Back/Glutes/Hamstrings - 3 sets of 8-10 reps
    Abs - 3 sets of 8-10 reps
    Calves - 3 sets of 6-8 reps (if you feel like it)

Thanks sat. fever. I will try this routine. The only prob is, I have no machine to do glute ham raises with. Would stiff legged deadlifts, and goodmornings be okay to sub. in? Thanks.

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    focus on big powerlifting movements, low reps. You're gonna need strong legs. goodmornings are ace..I love those things

Banned
    Your program is great, add power clean to one of your days, and make sure you only go to 100% of your 5x5's once a week. After 4 weeks go to 5x3, after another 4 weeks go 5x2, than take a week off and max out.

Saturday Fever-

How will the program you showed him help with developing explosive strength any more than the one he originally posted?
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

It won't. It was actually a really poor routine, but the problem has been remedied via PM.