The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Westside q's

Militant Agnostic kalashnikov83's Avatar

Westside q's

I have been putting in an extra day for biceps and forearms. Will this hurt my progress? What should I do for feeder workouts and when do I do them?
    Thanks in advance
    I AM THE STRONGEST, I AM THE VIKING!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar
    Don't put in an extra day for those. Do the routine VERBATIM. If you need a specific routine to follow, go to www.elitefts.com and check out the articles there. Don't try to improvise the routine yourself.

The thing is that i do not want to lose any size on my arms or forearms because I want to continue with bbing I am just doing westside for about 2 months and there isnt any real bicep work.

Where does size come from? It comes from eating. Eat enough foord and you will maintain your weight and not lose mass. You're doing plenty of biceps work when you do your lats movements and your forearms will be fried from deadlifts. And stick with westside for at least 9 weeks. You have to trust. At the end of 9 weeks you'll be so much stronger you'll start to question what point there is to bodybuilding.

Change the routine? What are you thinking?! Nobody ever got anywhere by questioning the status quo.
    My Fitday Journal
    My WBB Journal

"If they didn't overcomplicate things there wouldn't be much to say about lifting anymore though. ..... We do it all the time here, pretty much for the same reasons...we'd have nothing left to talk about." --ElPietro

Changing the routine with reasons (good ones) is one thing. Changing them "just because" is something else entirely and probably won't lead where you want. The only thing extra-fatigues biceps will get you is weakness on your lats exercises. And fried forearms will cost you on exercises where grip is important. Add this all together, and you'll find yourself gaining nothing. And that sort of defeats the purpose, no?

Why are you using westside if you are worried about what you look like?

There is a reason there is little bicep work.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

LOL @ a "verbatim" Westside routine
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

I am a sucker for strength so I want to be strong but I also want to look huge. I am probably just a moron.
    Thanks for the replies

I know nothing about westside and very little about bodybuilding in general, but i'll offer my advice anyway. If your arms are responding to extra work, why not incorporate an extra arm day?
    My Fitday Journal
    My WBB Journal

"If they didn't overcomplicate things there wouldn't be much to say about lifting anymore though. ..... We do it all the time here, pretty much for the same reasons...we'd have nothing left to talk about." --ElPietro

LOL @ a "verbatim" Westside routine
    Not sure what you're laughing at, as sample routines to follow verbatim can be found at www.elitefts.com. But hey, whatever makes you giggle. Life is about having a sense of humor.

I said that because an "orthodox" Westside routine is about as easy to find as a sober shopping mall Santa.

Westside is highly up to the interpretation of the person doing it, and beyond a few mandatory steps, you can pretty much do whatever you want.

So if he wants to add in an extra workout on occasion for the elbow flexors, I don't see any problem with it.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    DAMN POWERMAN, this sucks, but i have to agree with u again, westside is my workout style of choice because i like the speed days, and all of the flexibility
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."