The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Wannabebig Member

LMG8 On line Journal

This is my first entry. I have been running on and off for about 2 years. I haven't really been big in to lifting. This summer I joined a great gym. I have been lifting for since about May 8th. I took about a week off last week but have been gotten back into this week. I have a program designed from a trainer. I REALLY need to work on my eating habits...I am really looking into getting more toned... I am open to any sugguestions... and I hoping that this site keeps me motivated... Thanks in advance...
    This was taken from someone else's journal

Sleep: way too much

Nutrition:
    small ice cream
    grilled chicken breast
    cheeseburger and some steak
    protein shake

Pill Junkie
    2 vitimins
    2 carb and sugar busters
    2 fat eridicators

Notes:
    did arms at the gym and ran 1.25 miles easy day
    Last edited by lmg8; 06-16-2002 at 08:42 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

What are your goals, welcome, and good luck with the journal

Wannabebig Member

Goals

My goals are to be skinner but TONED, i used to do gymnastics and other sports but than I went away to college and stopped being so active, so I am trying to get back in to great toned shaped.

Unfortunetly I am VERY new at lifting, and not sure of any of the terms or anything else, so please bear with me as a learn.

Hope I answered your question and thanks for making me feel welcomes...
    "The universe will expand and collapse back on it self and it expand again and it will repeat this process forever. What you don't know is that when when the universe expands again everything will be as it is now, whatever mistakes you make this time around you will live through on your next pass, every mistake you make you will live again and agian forever, so my adivce to you is to get it right this time around because this time is all you have"
    Kevin Spacey- K-Pax

See how I am eating
    http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=lmglaus

Wannabebig Member

June 17 2002

Nutrition:
    protein shake
    vanilla coffee
    cottege cheese
    chicken fingers
    protein shake

Pill Junkie
    2 vitimins
    2 carb and sugar busters
    2 fat eridicators

Notes:
    shitty leg day, no cardio
    hoping tomorrow to do shoulders (ICK and run)
    Last edited by lmg8; 06-18-2002 at 08:14 AM.
    "The universe will expand and collapse back on it self and it expand again and it will repeat this process forever. What you don't know is that when when the universe expands again everything will be as it is now, whatever mistakes you make this time around you will live through on your next pass, every mistake you make you will live again and agian forever, so my adivce to you is to get it right this time around because this time is all you have"
    Kevin Spacey- K-Pax

See how I am eating

I am also trying to maximise my summer. Before heading beck to school, where college life is anything but a healthy lifestyle.

Wannabebig Member

June 18 2001

Nutrition:
    protein shake
    krispy creme doungut ( GOD DOES MY DIET SKILLS SUCK!!! but i am resisting the pizza my office is ordering )
    cottege cheese
    sm bad cheese doritos tuttut
    grilled chicken
    steak and cheese hoagie with western sauce and lettece
    OK FEEL FREE TO YELL

Pill Junkie
    lost my pill case !!!! have some extra's at home but i still have them so i can't take them at work

Notes:
    slept in and didn't go to the gym FINALS week always KILLS MY work out ... suppose to go on wensday with my sister hopefully we will...tuttut
    Last edited by lmg8; 06-18-2002 at 08:55 PM.

Wannabebig Member

Nutrition:
    pretzels,
    cheese ravaoli
    sausage

Pill Junkie
    1 carb
    1 vitimin
    1 fe

Notes:
    NO WORK OUT
    Kevin Spacey- K-Pax

See how I am eating

Wannabebig Member
    Sleep: Just Right

Nutrition:
    cookie dough
    chicken tenders
    onion rings

Pill Junkie
    1 vitamin
    1 carb blocker

Notes:
    finished my legs and ran for 22 minutes, felt so go to go back and get in the work out, also did ball ab work
    Last edited by lmg8; 06-20-2002 at 05:52 PM.
    Kevin Spacey- K-Pax

See how I am eating

Mystic Eric
    You need to replan your nutrition.

Wannabebig Member

Nutrition:
    630 calories
    potatos
    tender roast sandwich
    chicken breast grilled
    mushroom rice

Pill Junkie
    1 carb buster
    1 vitamin
    1 FE

Notes:
    day off going to gym tomorrow
    Last edited by lmg8; 06-21-2002 at 10:45 PM.
    Kevin Spacey- K-Pax

See how I am eating

Genetic Experiment GeneticallyGifted's Avatar
    Stockholm, Sweden...Mainly, New York,New York, Los Angeles,CA., Civitinova Marche, Italy
    lmg8, not to flame you or to jump on your case but you diet seems to be slight on the junkfood side. That is the main ingredient in this game. Hope you get it together soon. We will support you efforts.
    STATS COMING SOON:Age: 29 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 78KG/ 172LBS| bf: |Years Training:?? | All-natural: Yes|

Chest: | Shoulders: | Upper Arm: | Forearm: |
    Waist: |Neck:| Upper Thigh: | Calf: |

Personal Bests: COMING SOON:
    Flat Barbell Presses: | Dips: |Wide-grip Palms Away: |
    Military Barbell Press: |Barbell Squats: |

Wannabebig Member
    Monstar and AFreakyMutation,
    I know I pmmed you seperately regarding this, but you both seem to point at my faults, yet didn't offer any suggestions for improvement, if everyone is here to support each other, than offering improvement, as well as any knowledge you could share to help improve the person is just as important as pointing out their faults. just some food for thought...
    Kevin Spacey- K-Pax

See how I am eating

Genetic Experiment GeneticallyGifted's Avatar
    Stockholm, Sweden...Mainly, New York,New York, Los Angeles,CA., Civitinova Marche, Italy
    The system of eating clean would be good.

Complex Carbs
    Lean Meats
    Less Fats

That would be the basics.
    Foods that you should take in?
    Fish
    Chicken Breast
    Lean Red Meat
    Veggies
    Skim Milk
    Oatmeal
    Brown Rice
    Wild Rice
    Broccoli
    Egg Whites
    Wheat Bread

I'm trying to provide some solutions.
    STATS COMING SOON:Age: 29 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 78KG/ 172LBS| bf: |Years Training:?? | All-natural: Yes|

Chest: | Shoulders: | Upper Arm: | Forearm: |
    Waist: |Neck:| Upper Thigh: | Calf: |

Personal Bests: COMING SOON:
    Flat Barbell Presses: | Dips: |Wide-grip Palms Away: |
    Military Barbell Press: |Barbell Squats: |

Wannabebig Member
    Sleep:PERFECT AMOUNT !!

Nutrition:
    sm bowl of special K
    grilled chicken breast rubbed with spices
    rice a roni
    turkey club
    small fries

Pill Junkie
    none yet

Notes:
    arms and back and abs at the gym and a 1.60 mile run
    Last edited by lmg8; 06-22-2002 at 11:24 PM.
    Kevin Spacey- K-Pax

See how I am eating

lmg8-
    Good point man. I deleted my post and again I apologize for being negative. Good luck with your journal!! I am curious what are your goals - are you going more for fat-loss or muscle-gain?

MS

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks Monstar, My goals are more of a fat loss, I was given some info about Keto but I am not a 100% how I feel about that... http://www.solid.net/lowcarb/lylemcd/ my goals, I haven't really given too much thought to them although I do have about 6 weeks to get in kick ass shape for my Vegas/ So Ca trip with my best friend from my freshman year of college (PARTYING LIKE ROCK STARS!!!) THUS meaning I have to fit my 5'1 136 lbs body in a bikini, I am bottom heavy, so... any advice will gladly be taken... other than that I just want to firm up, and have a little bit of definetion, ( i don't want to be bigger than the frat boys I am friends with at college, I already hit harder than they do ) so.. hope it clears it up..
    Kevin Spacey- K-Pax

See how I am eating

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Oh crap its a chick.

You still need to do more upper body work, eat less junk food, and use a spell check.

Sorry if I've offended you LMG, but please notice that I did not point at my crotch when I was finished speaking.

Glad your starting to get everything ironed out in your diet! I know for sure a few of the ladies around here have been struggling with that (I am one). If you are interested in doing a keto diet, use the search function and start doing some research. If you have questions a lot of people her can probably help you. Best of luck!

bone crusher

Re: Goals

Originally posted by lmg8
    My goals are to be skinner but TONED, i used to do gymnastics and other sports but than I went away to college and stopped being so active, so I am trying to get back in to great toned shaped.

Unfortunetly I am VERY new at lifting, and not sure of any of the terms or anything else, so please bear with me as a learn.

Hope I answered your question and thanks for making me feel welcomes...
    allow me to copy a post from one of your fellow females
    oh and "Mr. 30 reps to tone".....heh. remember that puerto rican girl trainer i was telling you about? well i decided to amuse myself by asking the various trainers for tips. SO i asked one of the "better" trainers what would be the fastes way to cut:

him: what you need to do is a fullbody workout 4 times a week.
    me: yeah? what's the rep range on that?
    him: you should 20-30 reps.
    me: really? i'm doing 6-8 now..
    him: do you wanna put on muscle??
    me: yeah...as much muscle as possible.
    him: but you'll get bulky!
    me: no i won't man.....i'm a chick, i don't have the testosterone i need for that.
    him: yeah, you're right a woman won't put on a lot of muscle without some help, but what you should do is tone. 20-30 reps, and you'll make the muscles hard, but they will be small. that's what you want.
    me: well thanks for your input. i appreciate it.

then i went and had a good chuckle with one of the guys who know's the deal.
    as you can see tryska well sums up what you need to be doing.

There is no such thing as toned (in the context you speak of)
    What you want is to lower your bodyfat.
    How to achieve this? Eat clean whole food, not the garbage you're currently eating-nuts, meats, whole grains like oats, no processed foods (or as little as possible). Lift as heavy and hard as you can. You'll not be larger then the phrat boys (why the hell are you hanging with phrat boys anyway) as you do not have testosterone.

Post your workout- what exercises you're doing... I have a feeling this trainer gave you one of these "toning" routines that are useless. Most trainers are useless.

Wannabebig Member
    Sleep:PERFECT AMOUNT !!

Nutrition:
    hot dog
    bacon cheese burger
    chicken

Pill Junkie
    none yet

Notes:
    LEGS
    leg press
    leg extensions
    leg curls
    calf press
    ABS
    wall abs
    ball abs
    decline abs
    RAN 1.50 miles
    sorry if i have the terms wrong I will see if I can get my chart ect...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Doc thanks for posting, I have curently been doing 3 -4 sets with 12 reps in a set, I guess I need to up that a bit... thanks for the info...
    Last edited by lmg8; 06-23-2002 at 06:30 PM.
    Kevin Spacey- K-Pax

See how I am eating

bone crusher
    nutrition - hot dog?

good lord woman! How do you survive?

Looks like you are really sticking to your work out routine, diet could use some help. Hotdogs are definately bad, keep tryin. The foods afreakymutation recomends will help you reach your goals you have set for the summer, they are not that hard to incorperate in to your diet.

Wannabebig Member
    Sleep: Just Right

Nutrition:
    protien shake
    chicken

Pill Junkie
    1 FE
    1 vitamin
    1 cb
    Notes:
    did shoulders, and ran 1.50 miles
    Last edited by lmg8; 06-24-2002 at 08:40 PM.
    Kevin Spacey- K-Pax

See how I am eating

ot dog
    bacon cheese burger
    chicken

What the **** is this ****? Are you trying to lose weight or something? 630 calories in a day? If you keep eating like this, I'm just going to stop posting in here. I will stop caring. And when Budiak pulls out of a neighbood, the city DIES.

Dont do this to me. Dont do this to yourself.