Thread: Workout tips since I have no wieghts?

Wannabebig New Member

Workout tips since I have no wieghts?

Im a poor college student to start. I do 100 diamonds a night and 75 crunches. Can someone give me some tips on other things to do that will help build me up? A routine is what im looking for and other exercises aswell. I dont want something thats really long cause i go to school full time and work over 20 hours a week. thanks.

diamonds?
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Diamond pushups, I'm guessing.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    do some pullups, I'd imagine dips would be doable as well. Does your college have a gym?

Squats with your book bag on your back loaded with text books.

Workhorse
    Check out my Training Journal HERE

105kg Open IPF Classic Provincial record holder in the squat, bench, deadlift, and total.

Grasshoppa
    Most colleges I've seen have a gym for the students...should look into that.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

FREAK IN THA' MAKING!!! duque21's Avatar
    I like that idea workhorse

Wannabebig New Member
    Nah my college doesnt have a gym. I go to a IT college for a AAS. Hopefully when I get outta this place UPS will hire me on as a supervisor and send me for a Bachelors.

PR blaster!
    lunges, rows, pushups, use your bookbag for resistance.
    "****, if you told teenagers it was trendy to wear a paper bag on their heads with holes for the eyes they'd all be doing it."

Iknow someone in prison and the can't have weights there, so he works out a lot pull up bars, push ups and he is huge. He said he use a book by the Navy Seals on working out on a bar and damn it sure works, because he is bigger than me and he hasn't lifted weights in five years he's been there.
    "The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." -Steve Prefontaine

Motivate a fatty here.

Originally posted by duque21
    I like that idea workhorse
    Thanks, I actually had a friend do this before he got his gym pass. It's supposed to work fairly well.

Workhorse
    Check out my Training Journal HERE

105kg Open IPF Classic Provincial record holder in the squat, bench, deadlift, and total.

The Chicken Mr'ga
    get a 2 litre, or 5 litre (yous call it gallons) bottle of orange juice, drink it, and fill it up with rocks and use them as dumbells
    For every $1 you donate to the "buy Lude more weight plates foundation", you will help add 1kg to my 1RM.

<spam> Journal </spam>

Current Stats: 85kg @ 13.6%
    Goal: 87-88kg @ 8-9%
    Goal Due Date: 1/12/05

Second Place = First Loser
    Use your bookbag full of books. Put it on your chest and do your crunches, strap it to your back and do push-ups, put it on your back and do pullups or chinups, do one armed curls with it. Just improvise anything wiht weight and use it! Good Luck!
    Second place is just a generic term your mom created to make you not feel bad about losing, because second place is actually first loser!

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    LOL im kinda scared of college now if all your books make up a good enough weight to workout with.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

A. F.
    Dude.. dumbells aren't all THAT expensive..

if you look in your local newspaper I'm sure you'll find some used equipment.. all you need is a couple dumbells and you're set.

Trying to figure this out JohnCollins's Avatar
    Some good stuff here. Poke around.

http://www.sealchallenge.navy.mil/workout.htm

I also agree with Spawn_X, you CAN afford dumbbells, you might need to get creative (Play it Again Sports or something). This will do it for you.

http://www.menshealth.com/fitness2/dbellwkout.shtml
    "Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe." --Albert Einstein

Had a good workout on my liver yesterday. Did a pretty high number of reps, but not to complete failure. Liver DOMS today is kinda bad...it has even reached my head! -- ElPietro

"If I ever found a chick who smelled like gun powder and spent cartridges, I'd run to a jewelry store, rob it, and propose to her with a sack of diamonds. " --Budiak

"I dance like a drunken white boy. I'm really screwed since I quit drinking." -- PowerManDL

Trying to figure this out JohnCollins's Avatar
    One more site. No equipment needed!

http://www.menshealth.com/personaltr...uit/index.html
    "Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe." --Albert Einstein

Had a good workout on my liver yesterday. Did a pretty high number of reps, but not to complete failure. Liver DOMS today is kinda bad...it has even reached my head! -- ElPietro

"If I ever found a chick who smelled like gun powder and spent cartridges, I'd run to a jewelry store, rob it, and propose to her with a sack of diamonds. " --Budiak

"I dance like a drunken white boy. I'm really screwed since I quit drinking." -- PowerManDL

The Bottom Line
    You can also try doing push-ups on 3 chairs (the variation Brock Lesnar does), bodyweight tricep extensions (awesome), perform one legged calf raises on any stairs you can find, and pull ups with a towel (of course, provided you can find something solid enough to support the weight).
    Change is good.

Build up your strenght on regular push ups and free weight squats, when you feel like you need more resistance try one legged squats and one arm pushups.
    When I had no access to equipment I would load my backback with as many tins of food as it would take and do pushups and squats.
    Hand stand pushups are great for the upper body, pop your feet on the wall for balance.
    Just improvise a little, your muscles have no idea where the resistance is coming from, they just contract.
    Last edited by Croc_Hunter; 10-05-2002 at 07:37 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    Here's a chest exercise I like to do:

Forearm press
    Lie prone on the floor, arms bent so that your forearms are parallel to your body and your palms face your head
    (imagine as if you fell flat on your face while holding two dumbells at the bottom of a shoulder press)

Just look forward and lift your chest a few inches off the ground and support your weight on your forearms and toes for as long as you can. To make the exercise easier or harder, just pull your arms closer to you or further out to the sides.

Good luck