The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If you get my peace of art you'll get money; maybe

Dont get offended if you get it. Its just art with a perspective on the truth.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

oops i forgot to add a little. Its done on the computer but will be put into a painting. This is more of a sketch kinda thing.

i dont get it
    -deFenDeRs oF thE unDerRateD

If it doesnt make dollars, then it doesnt make sense

I never knew how skinny I was untill I started gaining a little weight

:withstupi
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska

here is a hint. The title of the work. The colours. Oh i you didn't notice the right side those are suppost to be oil rigs.

Overtrainer.
    I get it I think.

The stars on the left represent America.

In the top star America is small and the oil supply is large.

In the next scene America has grown and the oil supply has shrunk but America is still happy (blue).

The third scene shows a depleted or threatened oil supply and America is angry (red.)

Is this correct?

Where's my money?

Originally posted by WestyHeadbanger
    I get it I think.

The stars on the left represent America.

Yeah you got that one.

In the top star America is small and the oil supply is large.

That one too

In the next scene America has grown and the oil supply has shrunk but America is still happy (blue).

Yep.

The third scene shows a depleted or threatened oil supply and America is angry (red.)

This one you got wrong. The America is red because of 9/11. Red represents fire. Do you know about Imperialism? that is what the painting is about. America taking advantage of the smaller countries. And what happens after you pick on one country is most cases or a person for that matter. They blow up in this case part of America got blown up.

Is this correct?

Where's my money?

You missed the big picture you get no money
    So what do you guys think of my idea for my next painting?

Overtrainer.
    "Do you know about Imperialism? "

I'm a history teacher fool.

Can you draw boobies?

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    I..I'm speechless.

I think I just heard Poussin roll over in his grave.

Oh yeah, for your next one, draw some boobies.

Then I'll paint Uncle Sam desecrating your commie painting.
    Last edited by Relentless; 10-03-2002 at 01:51 PM.

wow....that's a very keith haring-esque way to send a message.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Simplistic
    Originally posted by Budiak
    I..I'm speechless.

I think I just heard Poussin roll over in his grave.

Oh yeah, for your next one, draw some boobies.

Then I'll paint Uncle Sam desecrating your commie painting.
    C'mon Budiak, tell us how you really feel
    Last edited by Relentless; 10-03-2002 at 01:51 PM.

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    BOOYAAA Budiak

yeah, those poor little countries that we dumped billions of dollars into. We don't even take care of our homeless or destitute populations as of this moment, yet we still pour billions and billions into other countries

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    That's shallow.
    Draw a picture of a woman eating her afterbirth, then ask us to find a meaning. Using what equates to Microsoft Clip-Art ain't ANY decent kind of art.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Originally posted by Accipiter
    BOOYAAA Budiak

yeah, those poor little countries that we dumped billions of dollars into. We don't even take care of our homeless or destitute populations as of this moment, yet we still pour billions and billions into other countries
    Not to mention we allow almost anyone (or DID allow) that wants to move to the US to start a "better" life.

Sometimes it does amaze me at how some countries think we screw everybody over. Simply amazing.
    peace-

Craig

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    I guess when you're on top there's envy

yeah my god if Iran evend dears to think so.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Originally posted by Gyno Rhino
    That's shallow.
    Draw a picture of a woman eating her afterbirth, then ask us to find a meaning. Using what equates to Microsoft Clip-Art ain't ANY decent kind of art.
    i said it was a sketch, a computer sketch of my next peace so i can see the colours and stuff. And even if it was like it was you cannot say it's not art. Art can be anything you want it to be a woman eating her afterbirth is art. So your argument is a little weak.

"I'm a history teacher fool. "
    I didn't even know your a history teacher so i see no reason for you to call me a fool. I dont want to be rude or anything. If your a history teacher i'd think you would know how to communicate your point instead of colling me a fool.

BennetBoy and Accipter - Really i dont see why america goes and helps other countires without even being asked for help. If they ask for help and the recieave then i think america is doing something good, no great. But when they go and help for their personal gains i think tha is shallow and shouldn't happen. If you help ask in they need help.

I've very thankfull for all of your replys it shows how much my peace has touched your big american egos.

Originally posted by Accipiter
    I guess when you're on top there's envy
    Yes ther is. But you dont have to step over other countires to get to the top.

Originally posted by RussianRocket

But you dont have to step over other countires to get to the top.
    Just curious - what countries do you think that America has stepped on to get to the top?

*chuckle* I was goofin' with ye, RR. But seriously, what do you think of a woman eating her afterbirth?

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"

Pearls of Wisdom...

Just as beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so to is art in the eye of the beholder. Gyno, your example of the afterbirth eating mother would be a truely sickening sight, and I would not consider it art.

I think that many of today's 'artists' are too busy trying to gross out the public or bring about some kind of outrage rather then actually creating anything worth while. A jar filled with urine with a crucified Christ in it is not art, it is just someones cry for attention.

Art has become such a joke these days, that the joke is when a person at an art showing comes across a fire extinguisher, they wonder what the 'artists' intentions were for that piece...
    Last edited by Craig James; 10-03-2002 at 11:49 AM.

You wouldn't consider it art? I'd certainly claim it would be thought-provoking and unique. I'd call it art, surely. There may just be an interesting meaning behind it. It could represent the animalistic nature of man only being repressed and not being transformed into the civil idea of a human. You think a cavewoman that's friggin' hungry didn't eat her afterbirth to survive? I'd bet she did. A picture of a fire extinguisher, eh?

*chuckle*

Pearls of Wisdom...

No, a real fire extinguisher on the wall - as in, it is supposed to be there in case of a fire, and someone spotted it and thought it was part of the exhibit.

OK, how about the commercial where the guy is waiting for his girlfriend at the art show, he takes a seat on a bench and then brings out his bottle of Miller Genuine Draft. Instead of opening it, he sits and contemplates it. Soon, he is cordoned off as an art exhibit himself... Stupid...

What I think is funny is how most of these artists and art connoiseurs hold themselves as intellectually elite to the rest of us. Talk about snobbery, todays modern artist is probably one of the worst...

We had an art exhibit here in Phoenix a number of years ago that centered around the American Flag. These oh-so-thought-provoking 'artists' had the flag set up in a variety of ways, but the two that come to mind were where the flag was placed on the ground in front of another exhibit so that people would walk on it(wow, thats special), and then there was another exhibit where the flag was shown hanging out of a toilet bowl. How truely thought provoking! What amazing insight, what incredible talent, and especially what a show of artistic skills that artist showed in this piece of supposed art.

Hey, what any artist wants to do with his time and his materials is fine by me, but the problem in the states is that they want the federal government giving them money for these pieces of 'art', because the mainstream public see it for what it is - 'crap' - and won't be caught dead paying for it.

GJ - i do agree with you that alot of artists do get off easy these days. But if they put alot of effort and thinking into the art and come up with a unique way of expressing themselves that is what i think is unique. Look at andy warhol at first he was a good artists expressing himself but after he got obsessed with the attenation he was getting and couldn't stop ans started mass producing his art. I dont even want to call it art, he sold out to the public. To me art is realistic being able to paint the "soul" of the person in his face. Art is also expressing how you feel through normal everyday common objects.

Originally posted by Craig James

Just curious - what countries do you think that America has stepped on to get to the top?
    I never staited that America stepped over countries to get to the top. Russia did that before and still doing it partally as well. I'm not a hipacrist (spell check, sorry guys if my spelling sucks i'm going to fast) I can't say that America stepped over other countries because i dont know enough of American history. But during the last 30 or so years i see alot more of America involved in somones issues because of their oil and buisnesses. I dont want to go in depth cus thats just to much typing. But thats how i see the world as in my last few years.