The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Hello new Member.. Need some Advice! plz help.

Hello, my name is eric and iv been working out on and off every since grade 10 i guess.. (Never took it seroiusly just goofed off in the gym and curled dumbells all the time i guess? )

Anyway, This past month while still in HS (Completiting OACs here in canada) Eating eggs, Tuna, and protein powder...iv been working out hardcore for the past month.. My motivation is of course my 2 uncles which are Bouncers, and my girl ..

This is my workout:

Monday: Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
    Tuesday: Biceps/back
    WED: Legs (Stimulate the CNS?)
    Thurs: chest/shoulders/triceps
    Friday: Back/Biceps again

So they have a 2 day break afte rworkn them... and the legs a good 1 time a week (not concerned about legs at the moment considering im still 18)

Here are some pics of me.... I feel iv improved ALOT the past month.. and i feel really good about my body! Please give me some advice as what I can do to put on more muscle by this comming up summer so i can bounce with my uncles!

http://www.fototime.com/inv/2A2608F7EA14F1D

Peace everyone! Have good workouts and treasure your body.

erik
    Exchange the cold days for the sun....

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

grow.....Grow....GROW.....
    I have found that sometimes less is more if that makes sense to you. My routine is something like this:
    Monday: chest and Tris
    Tuesday: Legs
    Wednes: Shoulders
    Thurs: Back and Bis
    3 day off a week.

........... and welcome to the board !!!
    Last edited by Joey G.; 10-03-2002 at 02:02 PM.
    If at first you don't succeed, take 5 lbs. off and try again.

Welcome backflash. I glanced at your pictures and you have a good frame to build on. Even though you are young, you may as well get started correctly. I think it would be in your best interest to only work out 3 or 4 times a week and concentrate on hitting each bodypart once a week. Your current routine is going to hit everything but legs 2 times and that is too much. And you need to be concerned about legs regardless of your agetuttut

Why not do a routine similar to this?

Monday: Chest
    Tuesday: Legs
    Wednesday: Rest
    Thursday: Shoulders/Triceps
    Friday: Back/Biceps

This will hit every bodypart 1 time and give you 3 days rest each week to recovery.

Also, make sure you are getting enough protein, drinking enough water and getting a solid 7-9 hours sleep each night. Feel free to ask questions on the proper boards as you need help.

Cheers....
    peace-

Craig

good post BB, lol like the Tommy pose, give him a call he might hook u up.
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

Wannabebig Member
    I dont know if that routine would be enough for me.... I constinetly want to hit my muscles after giving them a required 2 days rest..

Im currently 175lbs, 5"10 - BF:? around 15- 15.5" Arms.. I benchpress around 260lbs, curl like 60's-70's..

this past month.... i have old pics of last month, and these new ones.. iv gained ALOT!!!!!!!!!!! i mean BIG TIME.. iv been broswing peopoles pictures "3 months later" and i feel and see iv gotten better results in a Month!.....

I eat BIG.. i just ate like half a dozen eggs right now.... and some salad along with 2 cans of tuna i ate earlier among other things.... I think im going to stick with my routine for another 2 months and see what happens.... I just cant see myself working out my chest on a monday and not touching it for such a long time...PLus i dont want to get big fat and bulky (gain alot of weight) I think when june rolls along i might have my 17" arms iv always wanted and a 200+lb weight.
    Exchange the cold days for the sun....

Maybe you could try 72 hours of recovery. I though about doing for example Shoulders \ Arms.........Chest \ Back every four days. You'd be hitting the chest-whatever- 7 times a month instead of 4 times...but doing legs just once a week.

But then I think, man I'm making GREAT progress doing just once a week, plus I'm OLD

Originally posted by blackflash
    I dont know if that routine would be enough for me.... I constinetly want to hit my muscles after giving them a required 2 days rest..

Good luck. In the beginning one will gain no matter what the routine if he is eating enough. But more is not better. You will find this out soon.
    peace-

Craig

Originally posted by blackflash
    Hey man check out this article......

http://www.drsquat.com/index.cfm?act...e&articleID=15

Its dry, but a good read...
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison