Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 month update

Militant Agnostic kalashnikov83's Avatar

3 month update

First pics are from 191lbs 8 months of training,and 2nd set are 210lbs 11 months. I gained some fat and am planning on cutting in the near future.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I AM THE STRONGEST, I AM THE VIKING!

old lats

old wheels

new back

new lats

new wheels

heh heh... I wish I had an AK. Kalashnikov was a pretty smart guy. As for the pics, nice work. Dropping that bodyfat a bit will definitely leave ya lookin pretty good. Keep at it.
    "We cannot but pity the boy who has never fired a gun; he is no more humane, while his education has been sadly neglected."
    -Henry David Thoreau

"For the last ten years, Saddam has been building, stockpiling and hiding weapons all over the ****in desert, while laughing at the UN. As soon as Bush says, 'That's it we're comin in to kick your ass,' and the UN is inches away from supporting him. Saddam turns around and says, 'Um... United Nations.... sure, we'll let the weapons inspectors in.... no terms or conditions.' The United Nations.... being the left-wing, pansy-ass, limp-wristed, liberal bastards they are, turn around and believe him."
    -Col. Foreman, USAF

email: tadger@wannabebig.com
    secure email: tadger@cyber-rights.net

Looking bigger. Yeah you looks like you gained some fat, but you still look good. Good look cutting, after dropping a couple % you'll look awesome.
    "The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." -Steve Prefontaine

Motivate a fatty here.

like those shoulders
    Stats
    5'10,185-190lbs, 12-16%bf

Soca King

Good job

You've obviously but some size on your back,arms and legs.But IMO it sort of looks like your chest is lacking some meat.But good job nonetheless

Thanks, I know my chest sucks but I put 1.5 inches on it last month and I hope good gains continue.

Your back V-taper = ace.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

You know what, I never understand the drop this and you'll look good mentality. He looks pretty darn good right now! What do you want him to do, starve himself until he is a weak runt like most people out there. I have no problem with someone being very lean, in fact I think it looks good. I do have a problem when the lean (read little) guys are always telling everyone they will look good if they drop some bodyfat. Personally, I think it is jealousy on the part of the little guys because they realize they cannot obtain that kind of size. Now I am not talking about the people that just look sloppy, or those that have no muscle and high bodyfat, I am talking about people like this guy who look good. If you want to compete in a bodybuilding show, then you need to diet. If not, keep your bodyfat where it is (or maybe a little higher) and keep getting bigger and stronger while the guys with the washboard abs go nowhere (without drugs, or even with them for that matter).

I could not agree more chris. And I'm sorry if I am spamming your thread kalashnikov83, but as far as I'm concerned, you look great at 210 and could add even some more mass before cutting.

Yep, it is true that the runts "who love those abs" want everybody else to be puny too.
    peace-

Craig

This is in response to Kalash:

I think you look like a healthy individual who has worked hard to achieve the body-type he desires.

How do you think you look ?

If you're satisfied, it really shouldn't matter what other people opinions are, afterall they are only "opinions". Some may be biased based upon their mentality or yes, tainted with jealousy over what you have achieved and they have not.

As long as you're feeling good about what you have achieved thats all that matters. Take any comments good or bad with a grain of salt.

This is in response to Mr. Mason and Mr. Bennett Boy:

To state that someone who does not want to carry around a lot of excess weight, in the form of a high level of bodyfat, as a
    "weak runt" or a "runt" is inappropriate.

At 6'4", 215, I've got nice abs (and I always will) and I wouldn't describe myself or persons with similar builds, characterized as athletic, as a "weak runt" or a "runt". Quite the contrary in all reality.

Granted, I don't bench 400, squat 600 or deadlift 750.

I don't need to.

I do however bench 300 (in my normal workout, I might add) run 5 miles at about a 7 minute pace, bike, hike, swim, rock climb, play tennis & racquetball, and so on . . .

In short, people have different goals.

Those requirements will dictate the type of physique a person chooses to aspire to.

Because those goals aren't similar to yours or the method they prescribe to doesn't fit your method does not give anyone the right to use less than flattering names to describe said persons.
    Last edited by MRJ; 10-15-2002 at 12:46 PM.
    Best Regards,

Chris and Bennet thanks for the comments. I may add another 5-10 lbs before i cut. I just hate having the big fat rolls. When I do cut I do not plan to do it more than 1.5 months also I do not plan to get to an extremely low bf. I just want to lose some fat and then my bulk quest will continue.

MRJ, OK. Good enough. I apologize to whomever I may have offended.

And you are correct sir.
    peace-

Craig

Mrj we all have different goals and I think me, Bennet's and Chris's all have to do with having a great deal of muscle. If you want that, it takes fat gain to do it. If hugeness is not what you are after than keep the abs.

Originally posted by kalashnikov83
    Mrj we all have different goals and I think me, Bennet's and Chris's all have to do with having a great deal of muscle. If you want that, it takes fat gain to do it. If hugeness is not what you are after than keep the abs.
    Thanks for the comments kalashnikov83. Chris indeed has alot of mass. I'm not that big at 189 and I try to keep my body fat incheck (I'd say it is around 12% now). That said, my original comments were really targeted to those that weigh say 140 lbs. and only want abs at the expense of getting bigger and letting their abs take care of themselves. A person weighing only 160 lbs. at 5'10" is foolish IMHO to cut way down to 140 just to see abs.

But to each their own.
    Last edited by BennettBoy; 10-15-2002 at 12:48 PM.
    peace-

Craig

Originally posted by BennettBoy
    MRJ, OK. Good enough. I apologize to whomever I may have offended.

And you are correct sir.
    You're a class act . . . I commend you.
    Best Regards,

A six pack at the moment is the least of my priorities.

Originally posted by kalashnikov83
    I would say that, yes, our goals are different.

Indeed, I have no desire to build a bodybuilding specific-type physique, but 6'4" at a lean 215, is a pretty good size dude in my opinion, if not HUGE.

With all due respect to the opinions of others on this board . . .

In my experience, effective resistance training, accompanied by a balanced diet (slightly above maint.), is required to gain muscle mass. Carrying around excessive amounts of bodyfat are not.
    Last edited by MRJ; 10-15-2002 at 01:08 PM.
    Best Regards,

It is good size, better than average but nowhere near huge. That is my opinion. We all have different opinions so if its huge to you so be it.

Looking very solid, but i think those legs can still get more mass on them! Never-the-less..amazing progress bro! I think, you should keep bulking. Your still fairly lean to me, now me on the other hand haha im not that lean. People get paraniod because they get a bit of fat on, you can burn it off later!

Originally posted by MRJ

I would say that, yes, our goals are different.

Indeed, I have no desire to build a bodybuilding specific-type physique, but 6'4" at a lean 215, is a pretty good size dude in my opinion, if not HUGE.

With all due respect to the opinions of others on this board . . .

In my experience, effective resistance training, accompanied by a balanced diet (slightly above maint.), is required to gain muscle mass. Carrying around excessive amounts of bodyfat are not.

Mr. J, my comments were to those who feel the need to run around telling everyone who posts a picture that they would look ok if they lost some fat. Of course people have different goals, that is why I said that I have no problem with someone carrying low bodyfat and that I think it looks good. It seems to me to be too coincidental that those who seem to always make these comments are most often those of the board who are unable to gain size, only able to stay lean (why is all together another discussion). I don't make statements to those individuals who are very lean (and often quit small) that they should try to put on some size, I only compliment how they look. The lecture about different folks and different strokes is quite unwarranted if you read my post carefully. You may want to read a post carefully before you comment in the future.

I did notice how you felt the need to post your personal stats. If you think that 215 lbs at 6'4" is good size, then that is great for you. I have no problem with that. In fact, if you thought 190 lbs was great I would have no problem with that. However, if you decided that you were compelled to tell someone like Kalashnikov that he would look better after cutting, somehow implying that he doesn't look good now etc., then I would have a problem with that.