The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Vascularity, the how's and why's...discussion

I was just thinking about vascularity and how it changes from person to person. I myself am higher bodyfat so I'm not vascular at all really, but when I start to lean out I can start to see my veins in my arms for example, although faintly.
    Its just my predisposition to carry bodyfat in my upper front arms I guess. Anyway my question is: Is bodyfat level the #1 factor in a person's vascularity? I'm not talking about size of veins, just visibility. Or the bigger the muscle tissue the more it pushes veins to the surface of the skin.
    I know a guy at work who is about 130lbs and so low in bodyfat his veins pop out everywhere. Although his nickname is Bones so he's not muscular at all. What are your thoughts on vascularity? Muscle mass? or low, low bodyfat levels more an influence?

Raildog
    If you can't knock out a dozen or so chins, your either too fat or too weak, take your pick...

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    bodyfat%is a really important factor for vascularity also don't forget that the thickness of skin will differ from a person to another.I don't think muscles could pop your veins out if you don't have the factors I mentioned.And I've seen people like Bones alot If you don't beleive me get a BB mag and watch those giants without oil and b4 they train.
    Muscle=Pain
    Pain=Muscle

Christian BBer
    Actually fat is very vascular. That is one reason why larger people have heart problems, because as you get fatter that tissue needs to be supplied with blood as well.
    "Some people dream of success while others wake up and work at it."

Originally posted by ChiZel_MunKee
    Actually fat is very vascular. That is one reason why larger people have heart problems, because as you get fatter that tissue needs to be supplied with blood as well.
    umm lol, this dont have much to do with the topic though..
    Cutting Cycle 02/04'