The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: bulking intake

bulking intake

how do i find out how many cals i should be taking in while bulking? how many of them should be fat? i've read here that 20% should be fat...good fat.

i train every bodypart once per week but im gonna add in another chest day (one heavy low rep 4-8, one lighter high rep 10-12)

in case this matters...

im 5'8"
    155~160 lbs
    not sure about bf...12% guessing.

ps. i also do easy cardio 2-3 times per week (15 min of jogging) and play hockey once a week. will this hurt?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

First of all, Lose the cardio if you're bulking. Save it for your next cutting phase. A good split is 40c/40p/20f, but don't worry if you go over 20% fat, it won't hurt. You could even try a CID (33/33/33) and get good results that way too. Just make sure you're getting enough protein.

$.02
    Last edited by Saint Patrick; 10-07-2002 at 09:19 PM.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

thanks stpats. ok but how do know how many total calories i need to be taking in? where can i find something like this out?

and do i have to stop cardio? i wanna have enough endurance to play hard for an hour a week of hockey...thats basically all im doing to cardio for.
    "...my bones are so brittle, but i always drink plenty of, 'MALK'?!?!" -- bart

Start with 17 x body weight (which would be about 2800 cals for you) and if you haven't gained anything after a couple weeks, up it to 18 or 19, until you're gaining 1-2 lbs per week. As far as the jogging, you don't HAVE to eliminate it, I'd drop it to once or twice a week though, and no longer than 15 mins.

Might wanna take a peep at this thread

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...threadid=21038
    Last edited by Saint Patrick; 10-07-2002 at 09:34 PM.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

ahh thanks again stpatrick.

i guess when i write up a little plan ill make a post on how it goes
    "...my bones are so brittle, but i always drink plenty of, 'MALK'?!?!" -- bart

shoot for a weight gain of no less than 1 and no more than 2 pounds. try not to look at it in numbers but more in terms of weight gain. of course, you gotta eat practically the same thing everyday to assure a constant weight gain......
    Forget the six-pack for now and get BIG!