Thread: bulking intake

bulking intake

how do i find out how many cals i should be taking in while bulking? how many of them should be fat? i've read here that 20% should be fat...good fat.

i train every bodypart once per week but im gonna add in another chest day (one heavy low rep 4-8, one lighter high rep 10-12)

in case this matters...

im 5'8"
    155~160 lbs
    not sure about bf...12% guessing.

ps. i also do easy cardio 2-3 times per week (15 min of jogging) and play hockey once a week. will this hurt?

First of all, Lose the cardio if you're bulking. Save it for your next cutting phase. A good split is 40c/40p/20f, but don't worry if you go over 20% fat, it won't hurt. You could even try a CID (33/33/33) and get good results that way too. Just make sure you're getting enough protein.

$.02
    Last edited by Saint Patrick; 10-07-2002 at 09:19 PM.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

thanks stpats. ok but how do know how many total calories i need to be taking in? where can i find something like this out?

and do i have to stop cardio? i wanna have enough endurance to play hard for an hour a week of hockey...thats basically all im doing to cardio for.
    "...my bones are so brittle, but i always drink plenty of, 'MALK'?!?!" -- bart

Start with 17 x body weight (which would be about 2800 cals for you) and if you haven't gained anything after a couple weeks, up it to 18 or 19, until you're gaining 1-2 lbs per week. As far as the jogging, you don't HAVE to eliminate it, I'd drop it to once or twice a week though, and no longer than 15 mins.

Might wanna take a peep at this thread

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...threadid=21038
    Last edited by Saint Patrick; 10-07-2002 at 09:34 PM.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

ahh thanks again stpatrick.

i guess when i write up a little plan ill make a post on how it goes
    "...my bones are so brittle, but i always drink plenty of, 'MALK'?!?!" -- bart

shoot for a weight gain of no less than 1 and no more than 2 pounds. try not to look at it in numbers but more in terms of weight gain. of course, you gotta eat practically the same thing everyday to assure a constant weight gain......
    Forget the six-pack for now and get BIG!