Thread: My little accomplishment

A. F.

My little accomplishment

well noone here probably knows a damn thing what i'm talking about but i'll post it anyway since this is the only board i kick it at..

i achieved my goal of hitting 144db (decibals) with my current setup in the Montero...

Setup includes:
    not-one-of-the-best amplifiers (Rockford bd500 putting out almost 700 watts)
    Kicker L7 12" woofer (the square solobarics)
    Pioneer DEG 6400mp face
    AudioControl Epic-150
    and my own custom designed box I finished yesturday

next on my list is:
    dynamat the whole car (since i get it at cost it'll cost me about 100-150 to do it)
    Arc Audio 1050watt amplifier (one of the best... 99% distortion-free signal)
    and somewhere along the lines a 1 or 2 Farad Capacitor..

for comparison, 144 is not-so-often achieved by 2 woofers.. and achieving it with 1 is even a harder task.. a point-blank gunshot is aroudn 140db.

my ultimate goal is 147-148db with that single Kicker L7 12" woofer in my car.. if I <ever> achieve that I'll enter competitions and kick some ass.

So yeah.. thats my little accomplishment i felt like sharing with a bunch of people who probably have no idea what I'm talking about.

thank u for ur time.

grow.....Grow....GROW.....
    Could you type that a little louder, I can't hear you.... Nice job !
    If at first you don't succeed, take 5 lbs. off and try again.

make me a deal on some subs and an amp.
    ...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!

A. F.
    orange - what are you looking for (sound quality or bass) and how much you got to spend?

Rockford bd500 Amplifier - 290
    Kicker L7 12" woofer - 220
    Custom box (identical to the one I have, dimensions are: 14.5 high, 16 deep, and 35 wide) - 70

that's the setup i have and that's how much i can get it for u, ur more than welcome to research the prices and you'll see how high others are.. with this setup i garantee you'll hit 142-143 (don't want to garantee 144), which is loud as hell.

I can get you a headunit of your choice too..

research the web for things you like and if you find something you want i'll give u a real good price..

my uncle owns an authorized shop for a lot of brands out there, so im able to get **** real cheap.

Here's a question: Why?

Will you enjoy listening to music that loud, or are you just going for "shock value?" Not criticizing but I've never understood that whole "way too loud" car stereo scene. My friends usually beat the hell out of the kids who roll down the street with said system.

grow.....Grow....GROW.....
    There was a guy in my neighborhood who put one of those systems in his new convertable. Well he had it playing for a good part of the day and the weather turned a little wet. Well because he had the radio playing so long with all the equipment hooked up to it, it drained his battery and the roof was electric. Needless to say his new leather interior got soaked.

Moral of the story, don't be a dumb*ss.
    If at first you don't succeed, take 5 lbs. off and try again.

A. F.
    <nods with joey>

if you're going to run that much stuff, you upgrade your alt. and get a couple batteries..

Galileo.. Well once I got a system it was for everyday driving music, but then came the addiction - going louder and louder.

part of it is my personal journey - see how hard i can hit with the setup..
    another side is bragging rights - my system is louder than yours :P
    another reason is competing.. i've been to a few competitions and have impressed the crowd with 1 woofer, its fun..

also some hoochies here in LA like that stuff and when the guy blasts it.. go figure..

but yes, loud music does get annoying, screws with your hearing, and gets you 200 dollar loud music tickets.. - however i never blast it that loud with cars around me.. im considerate

Originally posted by galileo
    Here's a question: Why?

Will you enjoy listening to music that loud, or are you just going for "shock value?" Not criticizing but I've never understood that whole "way too loud" car stereo scene. My friends usually beat the hell out of the kids who roll down the street with said system.
    my systems built so i can just open my trunk and have a party.. lot better then trying to find a stereo where ever your at

Originally posted by Spawn_X
    orange - what are you looking for (sound quality or bass) and how much you got to spend?

Rockford bd500 Amplifier - 290
    Kicker L7 12" woofer - 220
    Custom box (identical to the one I have, dimensions are: 14.5 high, 16 deep, and 35 wide) - 70

that's the setup i have and that's how much i can get it for u, ur more than welcome to research the prices and you'll see how high others are.. with this setup i garantee you'll hit 142-143 (don't want to garantee 144), which is loud as hell.

I can get you a headunit of your choice too..

research the web for things you like and if you find something you want i'll give u a real good price..

my uncle owns an authorized shop for a lot of brands out there, so im able to get **** real cheap.
    ill keep searching and talk to you in a few days.
    ...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!