Thread: Damn!! I got braces, now im screwed!!

Girlz Luv 2 Ride With Me

Damn!! I got braces, now im screwed!!

their gonna be on for 2 years.

i made good gains with my HST routine so far, i've been eating like a madman. i havent really eaten well in the last 4 days (got em on thursday).....my stomach must've grown larger cuz im hungry 24/7

im havin a hard time eat anything (takes me foreeever); no more protien bars, oatmeal is the ***** to clean out of the braces, blah... .... im cant give up. i like the progress

tips?

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...threadid=19306
    Last edited by HighlyFanatic; 10-06-2002 at 12:01 PM.
    Current Stats
    Weight: 146 lbs | Bodyfat: 13%
    Bicep Unflexed: 11.8" | Waist: 31" | Neck: 15" | Thigh: 21" | Calf: 13.4" | Chest (Underarm) 37"

Goals
    Weight: 178 lbs | Bodyfat: 8%
    Bicep Unflexed: 15.5" | Neck: 16.0" | Thigh: 25" | Calf: 16" | Chest (Underarm) 44"

i suggest buying a liquidiser and blending all your food, one of the pro bodbuilders currently on the circuit, uses this method cos he's got a problem with his stomach. If your alright with this it could be the perfect solution.
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

Don't worry, your eating habits will be back to normally pretty quick. When I got my braces, I was very cautious about everything I ate right off, but eventually I was back around to chewing gum and whatnot. Yeah, stuff does get stuck in there, but your tongue will get better at fishing stuff out of em. And you know, the ladies certainly won't mind all of that tongue exercise either.

The Chicken Mr'ga
    i agree with frozenmoses, give it a few weeks and youll be back to normal, i had braces for 2 years, and when i 1st got them i coudlnt eat solid foods for a week, 2-3 weeks later i was chewing gum n eating like i had normally done so before i got them
    For every $1 you donate to the "buy Lude more weight plates foundation", you will help add 1kg to my 1RM.

<spam> Journal </spam>

Current Stats: 85kg @ 13.6%
    Goal: 87-88kg @ 8-9%
    Goal Due Date: 1/12/05

Always bad with diet
    You think thats bad?
    I already had braces as a kid, and now I have to get them again, cuz my teeth moved real bad cuz my orthodontist at the time was a fool. Im 26 years old, and I have to get braces again. Arghhhhh.

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    Yeah, i've had braces for while, they always bother you until they come off, but you can still eat most stuff.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

Protein shakes and/pr MRP's. It gets better, trust me.

The best suggestion for braces and cleaning them is a water Pik I swore by mine (I Had braces for over 5 years, and now have a killer smile to show off) Also your will be pretty sore at first and anytime you go for an Ortho visit for about a week, just expect it, not much you can really do.

I will second that you try to liquify your foods if a strict diet is that important to you.

What are you talking about?
    When I had braces I was still eating all the stuff I did when I didn't. Only thing I didn';t do when I had them on was bite into whole apples.
    Braces didn't affect my eating at all beside that.
    Train.

Like I mentioned I had mine for over 5 years. People have braces to correct different things. Mine were to correct a problem with my bite. Others have braces for cosmetic purposes just to straighten their teeth. My guess is that with 2 years time that he is not in it for cosmetic reasons. I was always very sore after a visit to my ortho, within an hour I wouldn't be able to chew anything and it always lasted for about a week.

A. F.
    your stomach gets bigger if you don't eat?