Thread: help with nutrition plan

help with nutrition plan

hey, i'm just starting to get back into my training with my bro again since coming back form hols. My stats at present are 6ft2, around 210lbs, 22 yrs old with quite high bf (not sure exactly?).

I'm looking to keep my bf around the same for now, maybe drop slightly but not too bothered about appearing slim over the winter. I would like some idea as to how many calories i should ideally be eating and in what proportion with protein, fat and carbs. I'm not a fan of tuna so any ideas on good protein sources would be appreciated.

So you want to gain muscle with minimal fat gain (possibly dropping some), correct?
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

yes, i'm not bothered about trying to lose bf at the moe, that can come at a later date. I've made ok gains without any sort of a diet but wanna take it a step further by following good nutritional plan. Ideally looking for correct calorie amounts for each food group in order to mainly make muscle gain. Your help would be extremely appreciated.

Dead easy.

How does 40c/30p/30f grab ya?

Or isocaloric (33/33/33)?

'Bulking' (a word i dislike in all honesty) usually entails going with 18kcals/lb, but we'll start with 15 and go from there to try and prevent any further fat gain becoming significant (you're gonna gain some in calorie surplus, you just gotta keep it minmal).

so, 210lbs x15 = 3150kcals a day.

Start with that figure and assess weight gain (and how you change in the mirror) and decide whether calories need to be increased (to gain or gain more) or decreased (because fat gain is a little too evident).

Aim for 0.5-1lb a week.

40c/30p/30f would be:

3150 x .4 = 1260 / 4 = 315g carbs
    3150 x .3 = 945 / 4 = 236g pro
    3150 x .3 = 945 / 9 = 105g fat

That's like ~52g carbs, ~39g pro, ~17g fat per meal if you split it over 6 meals a day.

You can work it out yourself if you'd prefer isocaloric. It's quite simple

Protein sources: chicken breast, steak, cottage cheese, eggs, other fish, turkey, protein powders, milk, nuts.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

thanks a lot for your help, I'll sort out some sort of diet plan on these guidelines over the weekend. Keep ya posted!!!!