Thread: The shake I've been using to gain mass

The shake I've been using to gain mass

I'm not sure of the exact amounts of everything, but its something like this:
    Scoop of protein powder, roughly 25 grams of protein
    2-3 whole eggs
    A little bit of cottage cheese
    Alot of whole milk
    2 ZMA tablets
    Vit. C tablet
    Multivitamin

And I take EFA tablets with the mix. I eat it in the morning and before I go to bed. Wutcha think?

more carbs and i'd say that's be a sweet ass mass shake. Maybe some creatine and glutamine if you want, not really that important. You covered the important stuff, protein, fat, cholestrol, vitamin c, and cottage cheese for night time. I would definatly eat a bunch of cottage cheese right before bed, its got casein (slow digesting protein).

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    I use a bulking shake that consists off:

40 gr casein
    3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
    2 tablespoons coconut oil
    1 tablespoon cod liver oil

I split this in two and get around an extra 1000 kcals a day.

No offense here guys, but why do people usually assume that making something a 'shake' can aid in mass gaining?

Why not just eat the eggs and then the cottage cheese and then drink the milk with the protein?
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

dont drink raw eggs, more likely to loose weight thru food poisoning, than gain anything
    Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal.These things are for lesser men.Protect the weak against the evil strong.And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil."

live by the code

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
    No offense here guys, but why do people usually assume that making something a 'shake' can aid in mass gaining?

Why not just eat the eggs and then the cottage cheese and then drink the milk with the protein?
    because people wanna be like merlin the magician making magic potions.
    "They will spend their nights dreaming of six-pack
    abs and a rock hard physique, little do they realize eventually we will reach
    our goal and they will be dreaming of the body we walk around with every
    day…only then will they understand." -- Severed Ties

"There are 6 billion people in this world, and I'm #1." -- me

MACHINE

Isn't it easier making a shake out of it? You don't have to cook the eggs, and dirty another glass, plate, and fork.
    "He's the best damn rollerskater that ever lived...probably in the whole town" - Chris Pontius

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

Originally posted by restless
    I use a bulking shake that consists off:

40 gr casein
    3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
    2 tablespoons coconut oil
    1 tablespoon cod liver oil

I split this in two and get around an extra 1000 kcals a day.
    That's almost pure oil. Yeah, some oil is good, but honestly a shake like that, unless you're on a keto, probably won't do you as much good as a shake with more protein and carbs.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    I disagree. I'm not taking any high GI carbs any time other than pre post workout. Fats are good. A 30% of total calories fat intake will improve the amount of male hormones in your system. I do agree i could use a bit more protein with that though.
    Last edited by restless; 10-11-2002 at 01:36 PM.

all of the proteins are not made available in eggs (primarily the white) until the protein avidin has been deactivated by heating...

if you constantly eat raw eggs you will create a Biotin defeciency for yourself...

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    Originally posted by LAM
    all of the proteins are not made available in eggs (primarily the white) until the protein avidin has been deactivated by heating...

if you constantly eat raw eggs you will create a Biotin defeciency for yourself...
    This is true, you're wasting half of the protein in the white if you eat them raw. The yolk on the other hand can be eaten uncooked with no problems. If i remember correctly the chances of getting salmonela poisoning are 1 in 20 000.

This is true, you're wasting half of the protein in the white if you eat them raw. The yolk on the other hand can be eaten uncooked with no problems. If i remember correctly the chances of getting salmonela poisoning are 1 in 20 000.
    After reading YatesNightBlade's comments about his salmonella experience those odds are still to high. I will continue to cook my eggs.

Just seems like its alot simpler to throw it all in a blender and then drink it as a liquid. Alot less chewing and time wasted, and the food liquidized might be slightly easier to digest.

I always throw the eggs in raw. Should I cook them in some way before or would it really make much of a difference?

Oh and about carbs, I usually drink a glass of orange juice and another multivitamin before the shake.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Why are you using coconut oil?
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

MACHINE
    I disagree. I'm not taking any high GI carbs any time other than pre post workout. Fats are good. A 30% of total calories fat intake will improve the amount of male hormones in your system. I do agree i could use a bit more protein with that though.
    We're talking about bulking here, not high vs low GI carbs. Bulking diets are more effective if you provide your body with a steady flow of carbs throughout the day - that shake probably contains no more than 3g of carbs...perfect for cutting.
    "He's the best damn rollerskater that ever lived...probably in the whole town" - Chris Pontius

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

Originally posted by xMeat_Headx

I always throw the eggs in raw. Should I cook them in some way before or would it really make much of a difference?
    Read LAM's post above.

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    Originally posted by gino

We're talking about bulking here, not high vs low GI carbs. Bulking diets are more effective if you provide your body with a steady flow of carbs throughout the day - that shake probably contains no more than 3g of carbs...perfect for cutting.
    Ok, but my concern is about health. I gain a lot of muscle on 40% fat (50% mono, 25%poly.25% sat), 35% carbs and 25% pro and i feel like **** on a high carb diet. You need calories to grow, you can argue that you need a lot of carbs but a regular person only holds about 400 gr or so of glycogen in their whole body, a bodybuilder will probably hold more but i don't think there's any point in having more than the 400 gr i have a day. My diet has been working wonders so why would i change it? I gained around 35 pounds in one year, 8 or so were fat, the rest muscle.

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    Originally posted by Gyno Rhino
    Why are you using coconut oil?
    You can find in here:

Article on coconut oil.

Is all olive oil extra virgin? Or are some sluts? lol, no jk.....
    But, seriously, is there a difference between olive oils??

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    Yes there is. Extra virgin is the first extraction from the olives and has the most antioxidants as it's less processed. Beware also of plastic containers (same goes for fish oils) as plastic is not completely impermeable to air and this will result in oxidation of the fatty acids rendering the thing pretty useless.
    Last edited by restless; 10-12-2002 at 03:53 AM.