Thread: My Plan( Will It Work? )

Wannabebig Member

My Plan( Will It Work? )

Before I give you the plan, i'll give you a breif description of myself. I'm 14, about 5'8 5'9, and growing like hell. I weigh about 145, so i'm not scrawny, and i'm not fat. My stomach is pretty flat and you can see a bit of the muscles when I flex. My goal is to get a six pack that'll make 'em druel, some tone in my bicep, and my back, and pecs. Pretty much a full body work out. I've got a good bone structure, as i was pretty much born with the V shape broad shoulders, and my chest sticks out(not fat, bone) I see these scrawny guys with six packs because they have ultra fast metabolisms and crap, and it pisses me off. I've been training off and on for the past year, but I haven't been able to be disciplined enough, but finally i'm going full force, no turning back. Tell me if my plan sounds good, and how long it should take.

I will be eating healthy. I'm probably not going to be able to specialize a diet, because I just eat whatever my mom makes for dinner, which is usually something healthy anyways. Tonight we had baked chicken( I took off the skin ) canned corn, and stuffing. I am avoiding sodas, chips, and all junk food. I try to eat more than 3 times a day, but this is often hard with my school schedule.

I plan on running somewhere around 3 miles a day(in about 20-30 mins) and doing some sprinting from street to street in front of my house.(about 50 times back and forth across and back.) I can do cardio every day of the week, and I might miss out about once a week if I'm busy or something.

After my cardio, I do 3 sets of 20 pushups, and then three sets of 10 but with my arms very wide. I try to do as many pullups and chinups as I can, which I went from 3 to 8.

Then I do my ab workouts. I do 3 sets of 20 crunches, and 3 sets of 20 reverse crunches. I've been doing these things where you sit in your chair, extend your legs, and pull them in to your chest, and back out, as many times as you can, but I hear they work mostly the hip flexors and that is a bad thing(from what I read.) But I do as many of those as I can till I just can't do any more.

When I get home(about 5 minute walk from where my workout is taking place- School track) I get my ten pound one arm dumbells and do 3 sets of twenty the regular way on each arm. Then I do this thing where you lift them over your head, and slowly drop the weight behind your head, and lift it back up, which is really good for the under arm flabby stuff.

Finally, I do these things where you jump on to something and jump down real quick, as many as I can. Then I try to make ten on this high wall I have, which is really hard.

That's about it. I started this about two days ago, and i'm wondering if I should change it around at all, or whatever. You guys are the buff ones. By the way, I spend usually about an hour a day in my driveway playing basketball and doing layup and rebounding techniques. That is plenty of excersize. And i'm drinking so much water it's hard staying out of the bathroom. So here are my questions in summary.

1) Will my plan work?

2) If so, how long will it take?

3) Should I make any revisions?

That's it. Remember, i'm 14, so there's a lot of room to work with here, and I can't lift the real heavy stuff. Thanks for any help you can give.

Wannabebig Member

One More Thing

I am not willing to take supplements. I have something in me that says don't do it, and plus my mom would probably think i'm on steroids or something, and kick my ass. Maybe when i'm about 18 or something, but I doubt it now.

Do you hve access to a gym? That would be a good start. You don't have to / shouldn't lift the "real heavy stuff" right away, but you will progress quickly past 10lb dumbbells being useful for anything besides maybe some shoulder work.
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska

Why can't you lift heavy weights?
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

NateDogg is right. Don't you have access to a weight room at your high school?

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Get thee to a weight room!!

The plan you have now does provide for plenty of exercise, but little in the way of results.

By the way, the 'under arm flabby stuff' is fat covering your triceps.
    "Then on leg day do squats, lunges, stiff legged deadlifts, fluffernutters, and calf raises."--Belial, training a newbie

PowermanDL on Russian culture: "Big furry hats come into play somewhere."

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." --Thomas Paine

If you would start lifting, ensure you are eating properly and putting on some lean muscle your abs would fall right in line and be the best they have ever been.

Why do some many folks want 'abs' at the expense of a better, more muscular physique? ARGH!
    peace-

Craig

Wannabebig Member

Yeah

During my PE class I could go to the workout area, and then I miss out on all the good games. I can't go after school because my highschool is far away from my house, and I have to be bussed home. Then I do my workout at my old middle school. There is a recreation center about 2 or 3 miles uphill from my house, and I got to thinking jogging up that hill every time I want to go work out would be good, and then I could use the equipment there. I was going there all summer, but i rarely have time now. I could probably fit it in though.