The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Olympia

Wannabebig Member

Olympia

who here is either going to the O or ordering it on PPV?

i'm actually ordering it this year and i can't wait , although it's obvious about the number 1 spot i like to get pools together for the remaining top 6 placings.

dirk
    I've got three more sets, so beat it MOFO!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I hope Tommy Thorvildsen comes in number 5 or 6, he should!
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Originally posted by Rock
    I hope Tommy Thorvildsen comes in number 5 or 6, he should!
    no way, there is no chance that he will, i dont think he can get big enough and cut, when he goes big he seems to carry too much fat, there are too many better BB's than tommy, ie. cormier, priest, wheeler, levrone, dj etc...
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

Oh. I see how it is, Dirk... my post isn't good enough for ya eh? lol.
    "We cannot but pity the boy who has never fired a gun; he is no more humane, while his education has been sadly neglected."
    -Henry David Thoreau

"For the last ten years, Saddam has been building, stockpiling and hiding weapons all over the ****in desert, while laughing at the UN. As soon as Bush says, 'That's it we're comin in to kick your ass,' and the UN is inches away from supporting him. Saddam turns around and says, 'Um... United Nations.... sure, we'll let the weapons inspectors in.... no terms or conditions.' The United Nations.... being the left-wing, pansy-ass, limp-wristed, liberal bastards they are, turn around and believe him."
    -Col. Foreman, USAF

email: tadger@wannabebig.com
    secure email: tadger@cyber-rights.net

Wannabebig Member
    heheh....im just a post whore and wanted the extra posts

dirk

this year olympia looks like a bag of chips! last year was more more exciting. But i will definetly be watching this years!
    Cutting Cycle 02/04'

Always in the Action Severed Ties's Avatar
    Well if the show even happens I'll be watching it.

I'd have to pick Cormier for second if he dials in right but I think your going to see a close battle between him and Flex for the spot.

I'd like to see Dexter and Priest finish in the top 5.

ST
    "Your bench makes Jesus cry." -Shark

This is 10% luck, 15% skill, 20% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure and 50% pain, and 100% reason to remember the name...

Genetic Experiment GeneticallyGifted's Avatar
    Stockholm, Sweden...Mainly, New York,New York, Los Angeles,CA., Civitinova Marche, Italy
    Who are the competitors this here. I know the usuals but who are the suprises this year??

What channel or does it have to be paper view paid for?

GG
    STATS COMING SOON:Age: 29 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 78KG/ 172LBS| bf: |Years Training:?? | All-natural: Yes|

Chest: | Shoulders: | Upper Arm: | Forearm: |
    Waist: |Neck:| Upper Thigh: | Calf: |

Personal Bests: COMING SOON:
    Flat Barbell Presses: | Dips: |Wide-grip Palms Away: |
    Military Barbell Press: |Barbell Squats: |

Beware of Attack Ferrets
    This year's is kinda dissapointing that Cutler wont be there. I dont really buy the 'train for one contest a year' excuse, he thinks he was robbed last year and wont get a fair shot this year, and I think he's right.

Wannabebig Member
    Jay was pretty clear about his reasoning (true or untrue) regarding not doing the Olympia. when he renewed his card, he never even put the O on it as a show that he would do, so he didn't "withdrawl" from it at all.

he states in a few mags (i might have already posted this) that to make the amount of money that he could potentially make ALL year by doing promo's and guest posing, he would have to be guaranteed the number one spot at the O to get that same amount of money.

****, you do the math..........he's been bustin his hump for multiple shows killing his body, Ronnie will be back bigger than ever, and theres NO guarantee that you would make the amount of money that you could if you simply didn't do the O. makes logical sense to me. gives the guy some bread and his body a break. in addition, Ronnie won't last forever, so when Ronnie starts to fade, thats when Jay will step back up to claim top spot. its called strategy......

dirk

Tommy Thorvildsen is better than you think, I will find some recent pictures

Hey everybody try to find some pictures of your favourite and post them!
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Even tough mr.olympia is a roid-circus, these guys train hard and does have amazing genetics, so lets have fun with this one.

post prep-pics of your favourites, who do you think is going to win?? come on folks, lets make a big thread!!!!

Wannabebig Member
    someone post a list of Olympia participants if they can. we could have a betting pool!

dirk

They were discussing the changes in this year's olympia over at freakz a while ago.
    Originally posted by Fina44
    At the 2001 Mr. Olympia press conference, bodybuilder Shawn Ray and a few others had a few interesting comments to say about the judging at the Olympia. Shawn wanted to see a fresh panel of judges every year at the Mr. Olympia, which should be easy with the assortment of judges that the IFBB has, and also wanted accountability of the judges, which meant that he would like the see the judges' scoring made public. Wayne DeMilia, IFBB head, took care of the second item at last year's Olympia by providing the scoring to the press, and this year, Wayne has taken care of the first item, by bringing in new IFBB judges to judge the 2002 Mr. Olympia.
    There will be 12 judges judging the Mr. Olympia, with the three highest, and three lowest votes being tossed out, and one judges score not being used at all, which each round an alternate judges' score is tossed out, the judges not knowing who it will be. This ensures that the judging will be fair and accurate. Also this year, the judges are not allowed to talk to each other during the Mr. Olympia.

Also, this year, out of the 12 judges, nine judges have never judged the Mr. Olympia, while two others have judged it before. Only one judge who was there last year will judge again this year. It appears that Shawn may have received his wish in having a new judging panel up there. This may definately shake up the lineup on those judges who have preconceived notions.

The judges who are first time judges at the Olympia include Linda Wood-Hoyte (from New York); Eric Hillman (from North Carolina); John Tuman (from California); Ron Hashe (from Canada); ary Udit (from Pennsylvania); Axel Bower (from Austria); Benedetto Mondello (from Italy); Andre Bowers (from Australia); and Bev Francis (from Australia - New York).

The judges have have judged before include Peter Uristick (from Slovakia, having judges the O in 1999); Ted Williamson (from California, having judges the O in 1997) and Asher Frig (from Israel, having judged the O in 2001).

The Head Judge is Jim Manion, and the Assistant Head Judges are Jim Rockell, and Sandy Ranalli. They cannot judge, and are there to make sure everything goes smooth.

Of course, as in the case last year, there can be replacements if something occurs. Also, the judges at the Fitness Olympia, and the Ms. Olympia will differ than these judges.
    Originally posted by Dirk
    someone post a list of Olympia participants if they can. we could have a betting pool!
    2002 Olympia Competitors (country) - how qualified
    01. Ronnie Coleman (USA) - Mr. Olympia Winner
    02. Flex Wheeler (USA) - 2000 Olympia
    03. Jay Cutler (USA) - 2001 Olympia
    04. Kevin Levrone (USA) - 2001 Olympia
    05. Shawn Ray (USA) - 2001 Olympia
    06. Chris Cormier (USA) - 2001 Olympia
    07. Orville Burke (USA) - 2001 Olympia
    08. Dennis James (USA) - 2001 Olympia
    09. Dexter Jackson (USA) - 2001 Olympia
    10. Nasser El Sonbaty (Yugoslavia) - 2001 Olympia
    11. King Kamali (USA) - 2001 Olympia
    12. Claude Groulx (Canada) - 2001 Grand Prix New Zealand
    13. Lee Priest (Australia) - 2002 Ironman Pro
    14. Ernie Taylor (England) - 2002 Ironman Pro
    15. Ahmad Haidar (Lebanon) - 2002 Arnold Classic
    16. Tommi Thorvildsen (Norway) - 2002 Grand Prix Austria
    17. Jaroslav Horvath (Slovakia) - 2002 Grand Prix Australia
    18. Darrem Charles (USA) - 2002 Southwest Pro
    19. Bob Cicherillo (USA) - 2002 Southwest Pro
    20. George Farah (USA) - 2002 Southwest Pro
    21. Markus Ruhl (Germany) - 2002 Night of Champions
    22. Francisco 'Paco' Bautista (Spain) - 2002 Night of Champions
    23. Craig Titus (USA) - 2002 Night of Champions
    24. Art Atwood (USA) - 2002 Toronto Pro
    25. Gustavo Badell (Puerto Rico) - 2002 Toronto Pro
    26. Gunter Schlierkamp (Germany) - Special Invite
    27. Don Youngblood (USA) - 2002 Masters Olympia

Obviously, not everyone who qualified will be competing.
    Last edited by Tadger; 10-13-2002 at 01:13 PM.
    "We cannot but pity the boy who has never fired a gun; he is no more humane, while his education has been sadly neglected."
    -Henry David Thoreau

"For the last ten years, Saddam has been building, stockpiling and hiding weapons all over the ****in desert, while laughing at the UN. As soon as Bush says, 'That's it we're comin in to kick your ass,' and the UN is inches away from supporting him. Saddam turns around and says, 'Um... United Nations.... sure, we'll let the weapons inspectors in.... no terms or conditions.' The United Nations.... being the left-wing, pansy-ass, limp-wristed, liberal bastards they are, turn around and believe him."
    -Col. Foreman, USAF

email: tadger@wannabebig.com
    secure email: tadger@cyber-rights.net

Wannabebig Member
    ive got Ronnie, Wheeler, and Cormier for top 3.

dirk

I'm going to the Expo but not to the judging. It's to much money to see something that I already know the outcome off. Ronnie will win until Joe decides who HE wants to be the next Mr. O.

I think Tommy is good because he has a nice back good arms and good legs, but I guess he isnt big enough.