The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Journey's Cutting Journal

Current Status:
    Height- 5'8.5"
    Weight- 146
    Body Fat: Don't know yet.(Will get it measured)
    Age- 14.

Goals before March(birthday month): Weight: 160
    Six pack abs
    Definition in arms, legs, pecs, back.

October 12th, 2002.

Diet:10 am- ( I think ) Lots of skinless chicken. Grapes. Stuffing.(low fat, and not much)

12 pm- 2 pieces wheat toast with peanut butter.

2 pm- can of tuna, low fat mayo on wheat bread.

4 pm-(hasn't happened yet) High protein snack.

6 pm- Dinner. Probably some pasta or something. I'll make sure I only eat the healthy stuff

7 pm- protein bar.

Workout-(Remember, i'm trying to cut, so i'm running a lot.)

2 miles at a 15 minute pace.
    50 sprints of 40 yard dash.
    3 sets of 20 pushups.
    3 sets of 20 one-arm curls.
    3 sets of 20 crunches.
    3 sets of 20 reverse crunches.
    3 sets of 25 box jumps.(Or wall jumps, whatever.)
    20 minutes of gazelle freestyle at intense pace.

That's day one for ya. I'm surprised with all my running and cardio that i'm still awake to type this, give me your comments.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

You shouldn't be restricting calories at 14 years old man, sorry to say. You're still growing, you need them!

Eat more. More good protein, more good fats. Lots O'milk

Hope to grow herculean from puberty alone.

But seriously, once your test levels take off you'll notice a loss of fat anyway.

And i hope to God you're not doing that everyday and have some sort of 'proper' lifting routine set up?
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Wannabebig Member
    October 13th(Morning)

I've decided to take Chicken Daddy's advice and just eat eat and eat some more. I'm going to stick with eating 6 meals a day, and try to make that into a habit.

I'm setting some goals for the end of the week.

Goals:

1) Increase pull-up(palms away) from my measly 3-4, to 8-10.

2) Work on 40. Drop some millisecs.

3) Add another set to both my curls, and pushups.

4) Go to the gym as much as I possibly can.

There are my goals for the week. While my parents are at work i'm going to go to my school, and attempt to tear down the pull up bar. I'm not going to run my 2 miles today, because i'm trying to work on my 40.

I'm still training for basketball, so I have some rebound drills, and layup drills for about 30 minutes anyways.

My dad gets home from work around 3 O clock, i'm going to make him take me to the gym. I'll find out my range on bench, and all other chest/arms machines i'm gonna use.

I'm making a pact to myself that I will never drink soda again, and i'm going to avoid potato chips as much as I can. I'll inform you guys how I did when the day is up.

-Peace

Wannabebig Member
    I got pretty good sleep the last night, as I was tired as hell from playin basketball for a few hours. We did have some kick ass lo mein for dinner though. mmmm.

Today is an off day, so there's not much to say. Someone told me that chinups work the back a lot and not just arms, and I slapped myself for not realizing that, and i'm going to incorporate some sort of back excersizes/stretches into my routine. My arms are killin me from yesterday's work out. Can someone give me the proper waiting time for an arm workout? I think somethin like 4-5 days, right? Anyways, i'm sticking to eating healthy food, and it's been 3 days since i've had a soda * Self high-five *. I'm probably gonna go ride my bike a few miles up hill to get to my friend's house, so there goes the cardio for the day. Every time I walk by a mirror I flex my arms to show myself that i'm getting bigger, but I still need to get bigger. Tomorrow it's back to the workin. That's it.

Peace

no mass for the lazzy ass kartwheel's Avatar
    Originally posted by JourneyToBuff
    My arms are killin me from yesterday's work out. Can someone give me the proper waiting time for an arm workout? I think somethin like 4-5 days, right?
    wait until the day you notice your arms aren't sore. when that day comes, wait at least another 24 hours and you should be golden. just kinda use that as a general evaluation, not a golden rule.