The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

eating clean = dry mouth?

How come whenever I tend to eat clean I get a really dry mouth?

Roughly my diet is...

Meal 1: Scrambled egg on toast or oats

Meal 2: Metrx shake

Meal 3: chicken, vegetables and brown rice

Meal 4: baked potato, tuna and mayo

Meal 5: whey, dextrose (post training)

Meal 6: whey, flax

Any ideas?

The diet works out about 2300 cal's with a 40/30/30 split.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Trying to figure this out JohnCollins's Avatar
    Yes, Hulk. This is a "fat burning" diet, the 40/30/30 is basically the ratios recommended by Dr. Barry Sears in his "Zone Diet" system. People vary the ratios a bit depending on the types and level of their various activities, but this basically is the ratio that is best suited for your body to repair itself, replace lost tissues and not pile on the fat.

When you metabolize fat, HUGE quantities of water are required, so if you are being strict about what you eat, you'll likely be thirsty all the damn time. This is a good sign. Means you're eating right.

I don't know the chemistry behind WHY you need so much water to metabolize fat, but I'd bet someone else here does, if you want that much detail. But rest assured dry mouth, if you're eating enough to not be hungry, is simply a sign that you are eating almost exactly right. Don't worry, be happy!

JPC
    "Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe." --Albert Einstein

Had a good workout on my liver yesterday. Did a pretty high number of reps, but not to complete failure. Liver DOMS today is kinda bad...it has even reached my head! -- ElPietro

"If I ever found a chick who smelled like gun powder and spent cartridges, I'd run to a jewelry store, rob it, and propose to her with a sack of diamonds. " --Budiak

"I dance like a drunken white boy. I'm really screwed since I quit drinking." -- PowerManDL

Originally posted by JohnCollins

When you metabolize fat, HUGE quantities of water are required, so if you are being strict about what you eat, you'll likely be thirsty all the damn time. This is a good sign. Means you're eating right.

Water is also required for glycogen storage.

I don't know the chemistry behind WHY you need so much water to metabolize fat, but I'd bet someone else here does, if you want that much detail.
    It's not interesting.

Cloughie, drink more water, tithead.
    Last edited by The_Chicken_Daddy; 10-15-2002 at 06:30 AM.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

MACHINE
    Hulk, stop smoking so much bud.

Seriously though, if I'm travelling and I only drink a half gallon of water instead of my usual 2 gallons, I'll have the same problem. Just drink constantly - you won't have dry mouth if you drink a liter of water every 1.5 hours. That's what I do now.
    "He's the best damn rollerskater that ever lived...probably in the whole town" - Chris Pontius

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

ok thanks for the advice.

I think a gallon is equal to 3.8 litres. So you normally drink 7.3 litres? Damn. Thats quite a lot.

*drinks more water.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Chicken Daddy ~

Just curious why'd ya call em Cloughie? nickname?
    -Stray-

"When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win." - Ed Macauley

I work out because I have two daughters.....and one day they'll be teenagers.

It's his name.

It's Latin. It translates to 'Donkey's Testicle'.

Quite appropriate really.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

ahh thanks

My last names Clough so just wonderin

Donkey testicle huh? cool...
    -Stray-

"When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win." - Ed Macauley

I work out because I have two daughters.....and one day they'll be teenagers.

bah.

My last name is Clough too. I have always been called Cloughie by my mates and use it as my messenger handle mostly also.,

beercan
    Amigo, I'd like to suggest that your increased fiber intake is absorbing more water.

Seeing as your activity and muscle mass is probably the same, your fat loss wouldn't increase as instantly as your fiber intake
    "I do declare; still, a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest."