The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Trying to figure this out JohnCollins's Avatar

Any Eastern PA college students not going home for Thanksgiving

I'm sure most of you are or have friends places to go. But if you're not and want to spend Thanksgiving with a family (kids are 9 and 13, not TOO scary) and a dog, PM me. We got a guest bedroom and plenty of floor. We're pretty good cooks and a pretty laid back family.

Same goes for any non-college student singles who are in the area. Western Philadelphia suburbs.

I spent one miserable Thanksgiving by myself one year and ate in a Denny's. Made an indelible impression on me, I guess.
    "Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe." --Albert Einstein

Had a good workout on my liver yesterday. Did a pretty high number of reps, but not to complete failure. Liver DOMS today is kinda bad...it has even reached my head! -- ElPietro

"If I ever found a chick who smelled like gun powder and spent cartridges, I'd run to a jewelry store, rob it, and propose to her with a sack of diamonds. " --Budiak

"I dance like a drunken white boy. I'm really screwed since I quit drinking." -- PowerManDL

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Dang dude....very nice gesture.
    peace-

Craig

Yeah, man that's cool of you.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Awesome gesture.

I'd be over there in an instant to get away from the mental institution I currently reside in, but they might get suspicious.

We eat russian food for thanksgiving, and it lasts half an hour. Happy happy family, release the doves.
    "Then on leg day do squats, lunges, stiff legged deadlifts, fluffernutters, and calf raises."--Belial, training a newbie

PowermanDL on Russian culture: "Big furry hats come into play somewhere."

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." --Thomas Paine

Mystic Eric
    Ahh Jane... I wish you'd go on MSN so we could chat... it's been over a month.. aw well.

I am impressed JC...if I was close to PA I would definitely take you up on that offer. I have spent 5 thanksgivings by myself so far. First one I wound up drinking myself unconcious and woke up in the brigs drunk tank. They got progressively worse.
    BMF member

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery,no one but ourselves can free our minds." - Bob Marley

You always ring in the holidays right GB
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Dude, Collins, what part of Philly? I just noticed your location.

I used to live in the northeast, where Bustleton crosses Haldeman. Are you in the center, or suburbia?
    "Then on leg day do squats, lunges, stiff legged deadlifts, fluffernutters, and calf raises."--Belial, training a newbie

PowermanDL on Russian culture: "Big furry hats come into play somewhere."

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." --Thomas Paine

Suburbia. Phoenixville, to be exact. I'm about 2 miles off the Oaks exit on Route 422.

Hey, G-B, you're welcome! Just get a plane ticket. Oh, and you can't sit naked by the phone while you're here. Sorry. We could go shooting, though!

Edit: Well, actually, I guess we live in Upper Providence. Our mail is handled out of Phoenixville.
    Last edited by JohnCollins; 10-18-2002 at 04:36 AM.
    "Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe." --Albert Einstein

Had a good workout on my liver yesterday. Did a pretty high number of reps, but not to complete failure. Liver DOMS today is kinda bad...it has even reached my head! -- ElPietro

"If I ever found a chick who smelled like gun powder and spent cartridges, I'd run to a jewelry store, rob it, and propose to her with a sack of diamonds. " --Budiak

"I dance like a drunken white boy. I'm really screwed since I quit drinking." -- PowerManDL

oh man that is really really sweet
    i am stuck here with my family too.. it must be the town jane and i live in haha..
    we arent allowed out of the town!!! save us
    its good to know that you care
    Our Journal!
    R.I.P Devie

Kimpy, you and Jane are not quite clear on the concept. Your are SUPPOSED to be with your family on Thanksgiving. Even if they are weird and frustrating, you should be thankful you have them. If you are "stuck with family" you are NOT invited.

If you feel stuck, go see My Big Fat Greek Wedding. You'll have a whole new appreciation for weird family.

*steps off soapbox*

Wow. very nice JC.
    ...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!

that's very cool JC.

I never go home for thanksgiving, typically because it's the first time in months i get a few days off in a row, and i use it for catch up time. I hate travleign durign the holidays.

anyways, usually someone in my circle holds a potluck thanksgiving feast for the various strays we know. It always turns out to be a fun time. last year it didn't happen tho. i dunno what this years plan is. i'm jsut lookign forward to 4 daYS OFF IN A ROW.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Way below radar
    Somewhere between cognitive dissonance and the egocentric dilemma
    That was totally cool, JC. I used to invite all my homeless pals over for Thanksgiving at my apartment when I was in university...we'd cook a big turkey, drink beer, and watch football all day

I'll be spending T-day at my Grandma's in eastern PA though...the coal region, around Frackville/Hazelton area so I'll wave to y'all
    Last edited by IceRgrrl; 10-18-2002 at 10:07 AM.

I could give all to Time except - except
    What I myself have held. But why declare
    The things forbidden that while the Customs slept
    I have crossed to Safety with? For I am There,
    And what I would not part with I have kept.

--Robert Frost