Thread: Megadeath

Megadeath

I was going through some old songs I have and ran across this most excellent megadeath song "Reckoning Day" go and download it!!!! Another great lifting song.

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    How about you go buy it. Megadeth made great music, and it Mustaine's injury is a testament to how hard they rocked.

A favorite of mine is a thing they did with Nine inch Nails, "Symphony of Destruction'. Very cool. Of course 99 ways to die is great, and Burning Bridges.

Buy it, they deserve the money.

If you want to download music, download Chumbawumba.

I take a whiskey drink, I take a chocolate drink and when i have to pee i use the kitchen sink!
    ...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!

Man, I feel old. Those songs are all after Megadeth went soft(anything after Rust in Peace)

Get ahold of 'Poison was the Cure'. Now that's a song.

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesn’t realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

How about no, budiak. If I wanted your opinion i'd give it to you.

btw, I do own youthanasia (not there best work)

Not all of Megadeaths stuff is great, but there songs that are good are great!

The only band I support is Sepultura, well I used to. Every thing they put out was great except when Max left.

Budiak, NIN helped with Symphony of Destruction? or was there a NIN remix?

I think they helped

Rust in Peace was their best album. Tornado of Souls and Lucretia were my favorite songs. Holy Wars had some bad ass solos. Rust in Peace, Countdown to Extinction, and Cryptic Writings were my favorite CD's of theirs. Mustaine and Friedman had some great chemistry.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Personally, I think everything after Rust in Peace was ****.

Killing is my Business...
    Peace Sells...
    So Far, So Good, So What?
    Rust in Peace

All great.

Tornado of Souls is one of their best songs.

They kicked ass live. I even got one of Dave Mustaine's guitar pics at that concert. Had to beat someone down to get it, though.

Great band.

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesn’t realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

B&I, what about Sweating Bullets, The Killing Road, Trust. I agree that after Rust in Peace it started going down hill but you can't say everything man. Say it ain't so!

The newest one, I can't remember the name, is supposed to be a return to the Rust in Peace type guitar playing. Nick and Marty have left but I've heard that its a better album than their last attempt.
    What is elite?

I just d/l Reckoning Day and listened to it. It's alright.

I've always been more of a Pantera fan myself.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Pantera
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

If you're into Pantera have you heard Sepultura or Soulfly. Machine Head is probably my favorite band at the moment. I don't care to the last 2 as much I do the first 2. Download Machine Head's songs "Ten Ton Hammer" and "Davidian". Great stuff.
    What is elite?

If you want blood you got it, ACDC, that has to be one of the most hardcorest lifting songs.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Ahhh Machine Head kicks major ass!!!!! Go and get their album "Burn my Eyes" sweet album!

Sepulura is my all time favrite band, "Chaos A.d." is my favorite album.

OLD machine head is great. 10 ton hammer, excellent. Burning Red is a piece of rapcore crud. But, whatever works for ya.

Heavy bands, if you like heavy bands:
    Circle of Dead Children, Creation is Crucifixion, Corpsegrinder

Originally posted by HomeYield
    B&I, what about Sweating Bullets, The Killing Road, Trust. I agree that after Rust in Peace it started going down hill but you can't say everything man. Say it ain't so!
    They had a few songs after Rust that I liked. Off the top of my head:
    99 Ways to Die
    Killing Road
    Victory

They were okay, not great. But none of those had that methampethamine, hornets in your ears, twenty guitars doing different things feel, which, to me, always typified Megadeth.

The newest one, I can't remember the name, is supposed to be a return to the Rust in Peace type guitar playing. Nick and Marty have left but I've heard that its a better album than their last attempt.
    I didn't buy anything anything after the disappointment that was Youthanasia. But then I was at a record store, saw that they'd brought back the un-castratrated Megadeth logo, and that Vic,after a long absence, was back and bursting out of some dude's chest on the cover. '****, they're back', I thought. So I picked it up.

It sucks.

Hey TT, if I wanted you to talk I'd take my dick out of your mouth.

No, not all of their stuff is great, but even after they went soft they still rocked harder than Metallica, IMO. I really dont know why Metallica got so famous and Megadeth was tossed aside. Its a damn shame.

And yes, I think NIN did collaborate for Sympony of Destruction.

Originally posted by Orange357
    I take a whiskey drink, I take a chocolate drink and when i have to pee i use the kitchen sink!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!I am still cracking up after this!!!

If you want to anything about megadeth, I am your guy. They are my favorite band. I have all of their albums including the remade one and the latest greatest hits( still alive and well)

I just know they will come back some day, They just gotta!
    "Going to church dosen't make you a Christian anymore then standing in a Gym makes you a bodybuilder"

"When everything is coming your way your in the wrong lane"

"Do Kamikaze pilots wear helmets"

Hey TT, if I wanted you to talk I'd take my dick out of your mouth.
    hahahaha.

ACDC is great. That's all we listened in the dressing room when I played hockey.

I used to be a Megadeth fan, and owned (maybe still own) some of their CDs - now I can't listen to this boring crap.
    Stats
    5'10,185-190lbs, 12-16%bf

bone crusher
    AHHH, the good ol' days
    MAN WHAT EVER HAPPEND TO S.O.D. (stormtroopers of death)?

Yeah! I hear Jane was a huge fan of SOD!

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    I've always liked "Peace Sells.." I thought Countdown was good too. Mega has always shredded with the best. And as for Sepultura, "Chaos A.D." is their best. Soulfly sucked monkeypole.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!