The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

To cut or not-that is thy Question, what is they answer?

Folks,

I am facing a dillema. I went on a bulking diet nearly 6 months ago and gained 2 stone, however on top of all the muscle I put on quite a bit of fat around the mid section. I am currently weighing 194 pounds at 6ft and would ultimatedly like to be 200ibs at about 10% bodyfat. I would say my bodyfat at the moment is about 20% or more %. Should i start cutting now and by how much do you reckon weightwise on average should I lose. How do I keep all that hard earned muscle while at the same time getting rid of the bodyfat, or should I keep bulking up to about 215lbs and then cut to 200ibs.

Comments appreciated.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

That a choice for you to make, not us.

If you're pushing 20% bf you may want to do a few weeks of cutting for 'damage control' though.

Once i get too fat my head gets really fcuked up.

Instead of doing a 'i'm-after-a-six-pack' cut, why not just set yourself a target weight to lose in fat and go for it. Once you hit that weight, resume gaining.

So if you're 194, aim to drop 5%bf (however much weight that is) and then once you get there (20% to 15% shouldn't take that long) just go back to gaining.

Ultimately, it's your choice.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
    That a choice for you to make, not us.

If you're pushing 20% bf you may want to do a few weeks of cutting for 'damage control' though.

Once i get too fat my head gets really fcuked up.

Instead of doing a 'i'm-after-a-six-pack' cut, why not just set yourself a target weight to lose in fat and go for it. Once you hit that weight, resume gaining.

So if you're 194, aim to drop 5%bf (however much weight that is) and then once you get there (20% to 15% shouldn't take that long) just go back to gaining.

Ultimately, it's your choice.

How many ib's would you reckon would I need to lose in order to knock off 5% bodyfat and yeh aswell my head is fucked up from all this bulking. I now have a head like a turnip.

Oh yeh I don't have one of those callipers. Can you buy them anywhere?

well if you really are 20%, then you have 38.8lbs of fat, and 155.2lbs LBM.

Dropping 5% of that is 9.7lbs to drop to get to 15%. (of FAT, not 'weight', by the way).

You could do that without dropping much, if any muscle at all in about 8 weeks. In fact, in 8 weeks you can probably drop a bit more than that of fat (maybe 10lbs or so, since bodyfat is that high).

Then again, it depends on your metabolism. Some people may be able to drop ~15lbs of fat in that time frame. Some may find dropping 5lbs a task.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

wowbaby you sound to be in the same situation as i am, although i got to 204lbs and 15%bf now im cutting aiming to slowly strip away until december 12th then i will start bulking again, but much slower then i can keep strength and body weight in tandem instead of fluctuations.

Good advice CD
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...