Thread: To cut or not-that is thy Question, what is they answer?

To cut or not-that is thy Question, what is they answer?

Folks,

I am facing a dillema. I went on a bulking diet nearly 6 months ago and gained 2 stone, however on top of all the muscle I put on quite a bit of fat around the mid section. I am currently weighing 194 pounds at 6ft and would ultimatedly like to be 200ibs at about 10% bodyfat. I would say my bodyfat at the moment is about 20% or more %. Should i start cutting now and by how much do you reckon weightwise on average should I lose. How do I keep all that hard earned muscle while at the same time getting rid of the bodyfat, or should I keep bulking up to about 215lbs and then cut to 200ibs.

Comments appreciated.

That a choice for you to make, not us.

If you're pushing 20% bf you may want to do a few weeks of cutting for 'damage control' though.

Once i get too fat my head gets really fcuked up.

Instead of doing a 'i'm-after-a-six-pack' cut, why not just set yourself a target weight to lose in fat and go for it. Once you hit that weight, resume gaining.

So if you're 194, aim to drop 5%bf (however much weight that is) and then once you get there (20% to 15% shouldn't take that long) just go back to gaining.

Ultimately, it's your choice.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
    That a choice for you to make, not us.

If you're pushing 20% bf you may want to do a few weeks of cutting for 'damage control' though.

Once i get too fat my head gets really fcuked up.

Instead of doing a 'i'm-after-a-six-pack' cut, why not just set yourself a target weight to lose in fat and go for it. Once you hit that weight, resume gaining.

So if you're 194, aim to drop 5%bf (however much weight that is) and then once you get there (20% to 15% shouldn't take that long) just go back to gaining.

Ultimately, it's your choice.

How many ib's would you reckon would I need to lose in order to knock off 5% bodyfat and yeh aswell my head is fucked up from all this bulking. I now have a head like a turnip.

Oh yeh I don't have one of those callipers. Can you buy them anywhere?

well if you really are 20%, then you have 38.8lbs of fat, and 155.2lbs LBM.

Dropping 5% of that is 9.7lbs to drop to get to 15%. (of FAT, not 'weight', by the way).

You could do that without dropping much, if any muscle at all in about 8 weeks. In fact, in 8 weeks you can probably drop a bit more than that of fat (maybe 10lbs or so, since bodyfat is that high).

Then again, it depends on your metabolism. Some people may be able to drop ~15lbs of fat in that time frame. Some may find dropping 5lbs a task.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

wowbaby you sound to be in the same situation as i am, although i got to 204lbs and 15%bf now im cutting aiming to slowly strip away until december 12th then i will start bulking again, but much slower then i can keep strength and body weight in tandem instead of fluctuations.

Good advice CD
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...