The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: girl advice

girl advice

i am in a hard time in my life right now. i moved away from home for the first time in my life to go to school. the big thing is in nov. me and my girlfriend desided to take a break. the problem was we still acted like we was going out kissing holding hands all that stuff. then she started to act weird. i knew something was up. sometime in febuary she told me she likes this other guy. this has made me a mess i been so depressed at one point i would eat like one time a day. i started to get over it but now im starting to get the feelings back. we are best friends. the two of them are not realy going out but they do see each other alot.

i love this girl and i realy want to do the best for her. i know i should just step back and let it go. but i cant its affecting my school and just about my whole life i think about her too much. i think that i can give her more then anyone else could.

should i try to persue her or should i wait. should i just let them two alone. she does seem to show intressed in me but i dont know on what level it is
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

FAT
    i dont think anyone can give you advice for things like these. if you step back and see what happens with her and her new guy then you might miss out on a chance and regret it. if you try to step in she might think you are pressuring her and it might push you farther away. actually, you should give her a link to your post and see what she has to say. mebbe just talking to her about it like what you just posted would be the most benificial thing.
    LHA 4 LIFE

your right paulB , i was wondering if anybody has been in this situation before. and if the out come was good or bad.
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    -kobe bryant

I was like 4 months ago... but in my case I can now see how big of a loser she was and I guess I was just desperate at the time... or something like that. Now I see there's lotsa other much better chicks out there and I couldn't be happier. Time will fix ya up trust me!

Tiny and Mighty
    It sounds over to me. You are just feeling hurt and maybe desperate. If you pursue this, you will end up in the same cycle as before.

Try going out with a chick for 3 years and having this happen. It took like 6 months for the initial shock to set in. Then another 2 years to get over her. That's life though.
    Good luck and I think you'll see you're happier without her eventually.

wtf has this to do with general health.......?

Don't plug those ****faces here.
    Last edited by Paul Stagg; 04-02-2003 at 12:22 PM.

we have been going out for 3 and 1/2 years.
    i put it in here cuz im depressed and s*** mabey it should'nt be here though,my fault

thanks anyway
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    -kobe bryant

i was in a similar type situation. the only way you can get on with your life to to just cut her out of yours completely. its a hard thing to do, but believe me... i have felt MUCH BETTER since i did it. plus, be young and remember the 4 F's..

Find em, Feel em, Fukk em, and forget em.....
    Big? Not really. I'm 5'7" 196 lbs.
    Strong? Like a bull!

Bodyfat currently at : dropping
    Personal Records:
    Bench - 440 (raw)
    Squat - 600 (belt & wraps)
    Deads- 585 (belt)

----------------------------------------------
    Itís a birdÖ Itís a planeÖ nope, itís me soariní past everybody.

Wannabebig Member
    Bottom line, she is keeping you around because it makes HER feel good to know that she has someone that really cares for her. But she is waiting for something to happen with the other guy. She is thinking only of herself, your feelings have nothing to do with it anymore.

It takes a big person to walk away from that when you have real feelings towards her. Its too easy to be her doormat and be used by her.
    Veni, Vidi, Vici

What GoStar said. Your a fall-back boyfriend right now, her little security blanket that'll be there should things not work out with him. So, either leave it be like it is.. deal with the fact your apparently not first place to her and "live as her doormat" (good choice of words there), or leave completely from her and see if you can find someone that isn't just waiting for a replacement. Cause as long as your around, obviously you aren't what she wants. Maybe she'll miss you when your gone, or maybe you'll find that she ain't what your looking for.

Best of luck, no matter what you decide.
    LaLa

GO get drunk and forget her. This chick is playing games, she is using you, be a man dont let this girl walk over you.

Shes ****ing him while keeping ole faithfull on a hook

bust her moms with your baby glue and move on
    Blocka Blocka

I am AMINAL

Can't go wrong with the Bammer's sage advice.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Stop calling her and talking to her and find someone else. She'll call once in a while and act like you don't give a rat's ass. If she wants to go out, do it, get what you want and bounce. Forget about that ****, mayne! You got a whole life to live!
    Peace Be With You.

Wannabebig Member
    I was in a very similar situation a few years back. I got crappy grades. I couldn't take my mind off of her. I also understand your depression. The best advice I got, I didn't want to accept. That was to move on. THAT IS WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO, as hard as it can be, move on. It may take time to totally heal, but the more you are around her and think about her, the worse it will be for you in the long run. I've found that once a girl decides she's done with you, it's like an off switch she flips about those feelings she had, and she truly becomes emotionally done with you.

Originally posted by mikey4402
    your right paulB , i was wondering if anybody has been in this situation before. and if the out come was good or bad.
    similar situation here.....it sbeen going on for over a yr......we really love each other but its to wierd to explain....
    WHEN LIFE ****S YOU IN THE ASS, YOU GOTTA JUST TURN IT AROUND AND **** IT RIGHT BACK!!!!!! - ME

I am a fatass thank you very much! LOL

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

you guys are right it might be best if i steped back.but there is another problem, we had been friends for like 2 years before datting and are realy close, she is my bestfriend before and i kindda what that to stay if we do not date. i cant lose her cuz many of the people i tought was my friends turned there back on me. shes the only one that hasn't.
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    -kobe bryant

Wannabebig Member
    Dont use that as an excuse. There are very little cases that couples have remained JUST friends after their breakup. You have expressed that you still have true feelings OTHER than friends with her. So, honestly I dont think you are a candidate of this small percentage.

Besides, losing a friend is part of a breakup after dating 3.5 yrs. Thats the part that is tougher for me than the love part. Being single myself, the one part I miss about having gf is having a friend you can share stuff with.....too bad they annoy me after a month.

Dont let your feelings towards her distort the fact that she is using you until she finds a better deal.
    Last edited by GoStars; 04-02-2003 at 10:02 PM.
    Veni, Vidi, Vici

You can still be friends with benefits, don't worry. If you're afraid of not having any friends, I can get you a great deal on a dog.
    Peace Be With You.

I didn't read everyones responses but my question to you is have you told her your actual feelings?
    "They will spend their nights dreaming of six-pack
    abs and a rock hard physique, little do they realize eventually we will reach
    our goal and they will be dreaming of the body we walk around with every
    dayÖonly then will they understand." -- Severed Ties

"There are 6 billion people in this world, and I'm #1." -- me

The same crap happened to me not too long ago, and I'm pretty much over it now. The trick is to move on, go party like crazy, and live it up. Don't dwell on her. I did that at first and all it did was make me miserable. Finally I decided to try some social activity, and it really made me feel better about the whole situation. I still talk to my ex, she's actually one of my good friends, but I don't go out of my way at all for her anymore, and I can tell that it really gets under her skin. That's what she gets, though. You just have to stop caring so much, and live it up while you can.

Originally posted by Avatar
    I didn't read everyones responses but my question to you is have you told her your actual feelings?
    i realy havn't told her since we broke up, but i think she knows my fellings.
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    -kobe bryant

FAT
    then forget her, if she knows how you feel and is still with this other dude, then you need to move on. she aint worth it. some guys think that these girls (like yours) are worth waiting for or that love will prevail and all that romantic ****, but in reality it wont, and youd be a million times happier with someone else (someone that gave a damn about your feelings) . shes not worth it if shes ****ing up your life. shes probably on some ego trip knowing that shes got you on the low down. next time she calls just tell her your getting ready to go out and that youll talk to her later and never call her back.
    LHA 4 LIFE

Originally posted by PowerManDL
    Can't go wrong with the Bammer's sage advice.

are you trying to confuse me with big words like sage??
    Blocka Blocka

I am AMINAL

garble sbnargle?
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?