The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig New Member

Gain Weight, + Cardio?

If i'm planning on gaining weight muscle wise, should I be doing cardio or is that just stopping me from gaining the weight I want.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

If you want to do cardio for the health benefits, then do it. Just make sure you make up for the calories you burned. If you do not, then yes, it will stop you from gaining weight.
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska

Wannabebig Member
    I agree with Natedog; if you are planning on gaining weight, keep cardio to the absolute minimum. I normally only do cardio for 20 min once a week via rowing - it also provides a good total body workout and perhaps burns a portion of bodyfat.

If you are worried about packing on some fat, well you have good reason to worry - when going on a bulk cycle, you are quite likely to gain some body fat with the package. Don't let some fat gains deter you, keep bulking untill you achieve your target weight goal and then switch to cutting and cardio.

For now, you could try one form of moderate cardio for once a week - Go for the Rowing

There are a lot of fans of interval training here... in a lot of respects wind sprints and the like will give you all the health benefits of more traditional cardio without hindering strength and size gains. (provided you eat enough to compensate)
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Wannabebig Member -supernatural-'s Avatar
    I believe in including some degree of cardio.
    A little more fitness will only make you stonger.
    Try mixing sprints into your running.
    Only the strong will survive.

Currently I am trying to gain some more muscle mass and also do Cardio. I do make up the calories becasue when I get home from the gym I eat for the next 3Hrs. ( smaller meals of course) I have gained ab 8llbs in the last 3 weeks and I am not sure on how of that is muscle. I east generally a well balanced diet. What else can I do to gain weight but more of an increase in Lean Muscle rather than fat. ( I know it is the million dollar question.)

I was meaning to ask you guys about this too.
    I reckon that I NEED to do cardio - because after a hard 20rep deadlift/squat set I feel like I'm going to pass out and it takes me AGES to recover sufficiently to go on to the next set.
    Problem is - I have a SUPER quick metabolism and I think I'll be overdoing it and just holding back any weight gain by doing any cardio whatsoever................
    hmmm?
    The old F40 is BACK, cocky grinning, smiling and happy.... at last! (with a few more lbs of muscle too!)

Wannabebig Member
    Here is what I am doing. I cut out the cardio completely and am just training to gain weight and nothing else. I dont expect to get in the best shape of my life or anything. I just want to gain about 30 lbs. So far this has been very successful for me. Eating a lot, working out 2-3 days a week, making sure I get enough rest. Everything is going well as long as I stick to it. Then when I reach my goal weight I will change my workout routine to focus more on health, over fitness, and just being in good shape. You cant do everything at once, so focus on gaining your weight, then after you get there work on your fitness. Hope this helps

Wannabebig Member
    I will admit right now that I am gaining weight pretty good, but my cardiovascular health is in the toilet because I avoid cardio as much as possible.