Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Road to ripness

Today I'm starting to get ripped again... bulking is hitting my back injury hard and I need some mental motivation to keep me going for another year. This cutting cycle I will reach 6-7%bf , maybe lower. Here are the change I'm going to apply
    - reducing my total calories intake by 500cal each week
    - cardio 3x a week, progressing with higher intensity all the time
    - keep fat intake low
    "Damn, I'm looking good" -Duke Nukem
    "I look cool dude" -Pig From the Sky

I'm so good at keeping a journal updated ... ok, well I seem to be 2-3 pounds lighter. My diet is currently 3500 cal , switching to 3000 cal this week end. My cardio is getting along pretty well although I find it hard to carry 40 pounds extras compared to the ripped 150 mofo I used to be. My ankle feel somewhat irritated because of my jogging. I succeded in passing 2 grandmas who walked pretty fast... oh, and I should get put my hands on some hydroxicut sometime next week.
    Last edited by Sinep; 07-13-2001 at 10:00 AM.

Good Luck Marc - I'm cutting too so we're in this together!

When it gets hard just think of the finish line.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Wannabebig Member
    I just started jogging again and my ankles are sore too. This past week I substitued fast walking on the treadmill. It's easier on the ankles and if you keep the speed close to your slow jog the calories burned is just about the same.

By the sounds of it you need Pumping Iron quickly to rid your fragile mental state. Don't worry Arnold will be there Monday night

Cripes (expression borrowed from Maddog lmt.) , its monday and no call, I wasn't there to answer though... did he call .. wah , I WANT MY TAPE.
    Especially that I just spent 135$CDN (about 7$ US) on tanning (3 months unlimited for 99$ + tax + tanning lotion).
    I may add that today cardio was A1.

I'm losing the fat fast.. I didn't think it would go so well... I've been on hydroxycut for about 5 days now, I run almost everyday (~6 times a week) and I haven't noticed any drop in my lifts yet.

Hey man glad to hear the fat loss is going well. What are your stats?? And what does the diet look like, include cheat meals??

eric
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

well eric, I'm somewhere between 180-185.. 5'7 and ~11% bf
    diet is 1.5L of eggwhite + 2 shakes for protein per day
    carbs are 6 meals of oatmeal, equalling to 2 cups a day
    I got one cheat day a week that consist of a 6" sub @ subway, WITH CHEESE! hehe
    I sent Frankster some of my pics and supposely I'm progressing at a very fast pace... of course he couldn't resist saying I was a "Gorgeous stud"

On my part , I would say that I am on the right track as well... my lifts have decreased a little bit (lost 1-2 reps on the squat @ 315). The temptation to cheat isn't really there... just in the Subway I almost went for a footlong instead of 6" but I fought it. Tomorrow I'll be dropping to 1L of eggwhite. Now that I've added cardio, I feel alot more athletic than before, its like I could start running , do 3 front flip followed by an horizontal double side kick - uppercut [remember that finishing move of Liu Kang (Mortal Kombat)] Neway, that's compared to before where walking was a challenge...

Cool man

Glad to hear you are making great progress!! Keep it up.

Dam u eat a lot of egg whites. How can you stand eating JUST egg whites and oats?? How do you prepare them?

Thanks for the info
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Ahhh **** :(

I am very pissed and anxious of my serious weigth lost... last week I was a strong bxtch and today I am a weak mutha****a... I lost between 1/2" and 1" on almost every bodyparts and my weigth is down to 177. I think it has alot to do with my carbs crash I did this week ... my muscles felt empty with no energy to drive them during today's training (my bench went down alot). BUT the good news is that I can still bench close to twice as much what cack can do and my definition is still improving. You guys know what I'm gonna do right now? Subway.

Sinep I know that this isn't your cheat day because that was Tuesday. I know because you said that you had to wait in line. So I have taken it apon myself to come stake out your appartment to help you. I packed a dozzen egg cartons, 3 chicken and a sleeping bag. So don't try to sneak to subway or you will find out why I am "CRAZY" Joe.

Well guess what... while you were typing this I probably had the whole 12" sub down my throat at once (I said SUB, not dick). Well I'm 'over' this now , just had a little nap and now I'm back in force with a change of plan...
    Before
    - Cardio daily
    - Diet = been under 2000
    - Training = 3 times a week
    New Plan
    - Cardio 2x a week
    - Diet = steady for a while at 2500
    - Training = 5 times a week

We'll see how that goes... I might have overestimated my tolerance to keeping muscle
    Last edited by Sinep; 07-28-2001 at 06:18 PM.

Damn Sinep, when are you gonna listen??? 2000 calories a day is not going to keep your muscle, PERIOD! You need to up your cals, reduce the aerobic work, and do this a little more slowly.

I did expect you to take a bit off me for that one Chris and I admit I was wrong on my approach... keep in mind that I have less than 2 months to get under 5% bf so that's why I'm running and craving my ass off... stupid idea but like I said, I overestimated my tolerance... to give you an insight of what I've done so far...
    started with calories at 3500 (approx. what I used during my bulk)... did that for a week, lowered 500cal each week.. did that until I reached 2000, and lately I've been under 2000.... I think the whole thing wouldn't have been half as bad if I hadn't done so much cardio. So I'll be upping my diet to 2500 cal a day and do less cardio.
    Last edited by Sinep; 07-28-2001 at 06:19 PM.

Le cimetiaire des poussins

In honor of the 728 little chicks who died with courage in the last few weeks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

bwahahaaha.. man you sure drink a lot of egg whites
    Eat Tuna!
    "Ya don't touch my tuna, I don't kill you."- by Tuna Master
    "Part of getting what you want is knowing what you have to give up." - by who knows. ME? Eat Tuna!
    My Journal - My FitDay -

sinep, i dont mean to "team up" with mase against you but, there is no way you can make it down to 5% bf in 2 months NATURAL without substantial muscle loss. its just not possible unless you have sick genetics; also dropping calories at 500 a week is too much.... so it good that you changed that.

from what i know you've been working really hard "bulking up" and building quality mass, but why go the three steps forward two steps back approach? thats what it seems like is happening. i'll get to the point; why dont you go on clen or a low dose of anavar to retain all your muscle mass, while still achieving your goal; you will look 2x as good after the cutting. i know that you are natural and i dont mean to put you down in any way, but what is stopping you from cycling some clen? its not "really" a steroid... i mean doesnt ronan use it?

losing muscle is the absolute worse thing that can occur when dieting, IMO there is 3 ways to diet successfully.

1. slowly reduce calories, i mean SLOWLY, talking several months.
    2. use an "anti-catabolic helper" allowing a more margin for greater caloric decreases in short periods of time
    3. what i use; CKD. *hella discipline* i would recommed this one to you, its very simple, but takes alot of discipline; which im sure you have.

lastly,i apologize if i discouraged you and your goal in any way, im just concerned on the amount of the hard earned muscle you could lose following your approach, im merely just suggesting what i "think" are better ways to diet.

tell me what you think bro
    "The harder you train, the harder it is to give up" ~Vince Lombardi~

hey kato, I'm open to anything... thanks for your constructive input. I'm staying away from any illegal substances for now. It turns out my muscle loss was a bit exagerated since my muscle were empty of glycogen and they filled back up the day after when I upped my diet. I have known myself to be super resistant in the past for keeping muscle mass while dieting hard so I guess my genetics are kinda 'sick' in that way...
    Right now I'm thinking of doing a higher volume of weights and less cardio...
    I would really like to hear about the CKD approach you're talking about... discipline is not a factor... I've been on eggwhite for the last few months, I can do anything

Originally posted by Sinep
    hey kato, I'm open to anything... thanks for your constructive input. I'm staying away from any illegal substances for now. It turns out my muscle loss was a bit exagerated since my muscle were empty of glycogen and they filled back up the day after when I upped my diet. I have known myself to be super resistant in the past for keeping muscle mass while dieting hard so I guess my genetics are kinda 'sick' in that way...
    Right now I'm thinking of doing a higher volume of weights and less cardio...
    I would really like to hear about the CKD approach you're talking about... discipline is not a factor... I've been on eggwhite for the last few months, I can do anything

hey thats cool, natty is extremely admirable

basically on a CKD diet you cut all carbohydrates from your diet with the exception of fibre; therefore forcing you body into a state of starvation called ketosis, this takes anywhere from 24-48 hours depending on the person to reach ketosis.

on a ckd the majority of the calories you consume is fat; and when i mean fat i mean any kind of fat, bacon, sausage, whole eggs, etc... and ofcourse efa's

this diet absolutely takes you insulin out of the equation so your body has no choice but to get its nessesary nutrients from stored fat.

i was on CKD i while ago and my cals were down to 1600, thats really low but i did not lose any muscle, i was losing 2 pounds of fat a week!

i actually lose about 10 lbs during the week but most of it is all water from the lack of carbs; and i usually gain back all the water every weekend on carb-up, but am left more leaner each week.

weekend carb up eat alot of carbs; youll love this day, i usually eat pizza, icecream, french fries, pastries, bagels, but try to stay away from fat, keep protein constant but no fat on carb up day.

my carbup day last 36 hours- i suggest you hit your weakest, most lagging bodypart the day exactly after your last carb meal, that way you get the most out of that workout.

i cant explain it all cause it will take forever, but heres a site that has a basic outline of the diet.

btw the sample diet on the site is no good, theres too much protein, fat-70% protein -30% or less is the ideal ratio.

http://www.hardbodiessupplements.com...nicdieting.htm

its pretty basic; do some searches on you own and soak up all the knowledge you can. read about TKD too; targeted......

this is by far the best natural way to lose fat, the only problem is, is that i takes so much discipline; but by the sounds of it you already have that in check.

this diet should work real well for if you choose to dabble.

good luck bro

Re: Le cimetiaire des poussins

Originally posted by Sinep
    In honor of the 728 little chicks who died with courage in the last few weeks.

holy sh*t! LMFAO, hahahahaha! i missed that the first time i clicked on the thread.

damn sinep you must carry the worst farts...

Alrighty, time for an update...
    I probably haven't lost a pound this week... I will do a few adjustment this week-end..
    my protein intake will drop from being 225-250g / day to 200-225g / day
    And after a week of slacking from my cardio , I am returning to my duties once again tomorrow... my calves needed that break anyway, they were overtrained by doing cardio non-stop.

Also, this doesn't really have much to do with my cutting cycle but my tan is coming along quite well... I never noticed how much of a difference a tan could make on me, c'est jolie

ahh... the appartement room above me just banged real hard cause I had my music to loud.. oups
    anyway.. I guess I could post a picture ... don't feel like typing so here I am in my cool everlast undies. My chest still look a bit flat I know but it gets better once pumped good. ah well..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sinep; 08-07-2001 at 08:27 PM.

Looking good bro, compared with the pics you posted on the anabolic forum you havent lost much muscle. Keep it up

Wannabebig Member
    Lookin' very good, keep up the good work!!