The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9 months to go!

Wannabebig Member

9 months to go!

Hey ... Please tell me your honest opinons.. (As to the possibilities)

My current status is 175lbs, 5"10, 15.5" Arms, been training in Kickboxing since i was real young.

My goal for this summer is to be one big mofo... I want to be a bouncer, and even tho my kickboxing backround... That isnt far enough intimidating. I want to have about 17-18" arms (at my height that wil be freakish enough)

This is my curernt pic..... Is there a chance in 9 months with a good diet, and a good workouts (Monday:Chest TUes:back Wed:Legs Thurs:Arms Fri:Shoulders) to obtain my goals and dream?

Iv really commited myself.! heres a pic of my current status:

Also, I do about 9 sets each bodypart with 3 sets each exercise, reps of 4-6 (power/strength )

Im only taking Protein Isolate for supplements after workouts also.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Exchange the cold days for the sun....

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member

hrm

the pic?
    Attached Images Attached Images

A. F.
    bulk dude..

looking great.

I'd say in 9 months you could add 1 inch to your arms yes.

It is refreshing someone actually post honest size of their arms. You could have said 17 inches and no one would have doubted you. They look pretty damn big now.

Nice shape. Just keep pumping the iron intensely, eating 6 times a day and recovering and you will get where you want to go.

Good job by the way.
    peace-

Craig

Originally posted by BennettBoy
    It is refreshing someone actually post honest size of their arms.
    My arms are 10.947" but I tell people they're 11". Please don't hate me now that I've revealed myself as a fraud.

Galileo a fraud? Say it ain't so man. Say it ain't so!

Blackflash, shoulders are looking great. Good luck on achieving your goals.
    Last edited by ectx; 10-22-2002 at 12:18 PM.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

El Capitan
    Looking good.

You can do it

You look good right now. I was a bouncer all through college. The main ingredient in being a bouncer is that your look is the deterrent. In other words, size is the key, so you are on the right track. Your martial arts skills will be no good as a deterrent unless your reputation precedes you. Train hard, train smart, and be a nice bouncer.

Wannabebig Member
    Hey thanks alot for the compliments guys! Much appreciated.

Iv gained alot of strength , and shape by these 2 months.. ( Especially in my chest)

My arms.... I think they havent gotten any 'bigger' really... Just alot more defined/shaped and my bicep has a nicer bulge...

I know you guys are gonna say BULK! but is ther any other way?? Hehe.... I dont want to get fat (Trust me i can....) thursday is my ARM DAY.. I usually do 3 sets of hammer/Dumbell curling of 4-6 reps (heavy) and a barbell curl (4-6 reps 3 sets) so 9 sets in total for the bicep....
    For triceps, I do Rope pulldowns ? 4-6 reps of 3 sets... I also grab a ezBAR or a flat bar and while standing... Put it behind my head and lift (dont know the name) Also some benchpressing (with hands close to eachother..) I forget what its called too...

I think i also need to stop lookn at myself in the mirror.. heh its a disease . I cant notive myself grow ? :P I think im just gonna wear sweaters all this week.... and allow myself to peek at myself 1 time a week :P THIS IS TO DAMN OBESSIVE!

Gimme some tips guys! I want to get these puppies to 17" .. I got 9 months...

Once again, Thanks alot! and have a good workout!

Peace, Erik!

A. F.
    back work, lots of it.

Bulk.... ALOT!

Don't worry about getting a little bit of fat. It certainly wouldn't hurt if you're trying to be a bouncer, since its much easier to make lean mass gains and it'll make ya look a little bigger anyways.

But if you really want to keep most of the fat off, then just bulk slowly. Slowly increase your caloric and protein intake, aim to gain .5-2lbs a week. It seems excrutiatingly slow sometimes, but the size will come. 9 months from now you could put on 10-20lbs of fairly lean mass easy if you train smart, eat alot, and maximize your recovery. Creatine and protein should be your most important supplements.

Also, if you really want the mass fast, and don't have problems with the ethics, look into prohoromones. I wouldn't try for actual steroids at your stage, but prohoromones can supplement your size gaining attempts while having much fewer 'side effects'.
    Last edited by Meat_Head; 10-22-2002 at 06:50 PM.

xMeat, If you're gaining 2 pounds a week than your mom's been feeding you some dbol in your soup
    "Damn, I'm looking good" -Duke Nukem
    "I look cool dude" -Pig From the Sky

Originally posted by Spawn_X
    back work, lots of it.
    Hmmm....I didn't see any back pictures.

How can you tell he needs work on his back?
    peace-

Craig

Banned
    Originally posted by chris mason
    and be a nice bouncer.
    until it's time to not be nice, eh?

(Swayze is such a punk but Roadhouse was a fun movie...)

Wannabebig Member
    Hey you guys have been awesome! thanks for the compliments.

Tommorow im blasint my arms with some Skull Crushers, French Press? And some Close grip bench (Im gonna FRY the tris!)

For BICEPS imgoing to do some agaistn the wall straigth bar curling.. and do most of the other stuff (Dumbells, ezbar) with the preacher thing to isolate... ISOLATE AND BURN BICEPS! Thats they key right? They will definetly feel the pain tommorow.

Take care guys!

Erik.

On my way to 17"s

go go go!
    Our Journal!
    R.I.P Devie

Originally posted by Sinep
    xMeat, If you're gaining 2 pounds a week than your mom's been feeding you some dbol in your soup
    I KNEW IT!

That's where my balls went.

I'm not saying aim to gain 2lbs of muscle a week, just 2lbs. I believe with good training, supplementation, diet, and recovery it is possible to gain .5-1lb of muscle, especially as a beginner.

Wannabebig Member
    I went from 167 to 175-177 (weight changes ) in these 2 months (not even a full 2 months )

Eating alot! I hate feelin bloated and fat faced tho... but a mans gotta do what a mans gootta do.

Take care guys!

Erik

Success Nourishes Hope Shankerr's Avatar
    Lookin good.

keep the toque when you're bouncing too, it makes you look like a goon!
    Let me get this straight...
    You get play from the girl of your dreams
    PR Shoulder Press using the 3 digit dumbells
    Hit up some fun with the guys
    Then get more play
    (all in one afternoon/evening I might add.. S)
    You are a success my friend . Share your secrets. (Crippy)

rookiebldr says:
    As for the weight gain, that too shouldn't be a problem, just tell them your leaning out. Then flex your bi and tell them to ****ing get lost.
    Shane says:
    yeah or throw something at them
    rookiebldr says:
    like a couple of 45's

Wannabebig Member
    looking good, nice body 4 sure keep training cause it looks all good.

chest looks nice and solid so do your arms!

SuperPimp
    Shoulders and traps look killer!
    ---BOB---
    Skillz? Of course...

Wannabebig Member
    Hey you guys are awesome! Your compliments go a long way whenever i feel down! Means everything and pushes me further

Blasted my shoulders today, and traps.. Day before I did my arms... after my bicep workout i couldnt even curl a 20LB dumbell haha.. My triceps were swollen horseshoes ( I love that pumped tricep look) and my friends asked what iv been taking :P!

Also one more thing thats freaky, My bladder is empty, and so is my (cough) yes digested chicken.. That picture was 2 weeks ago @ a body weight of 174-175lbs... I just went on the Scale right now AT A BODYWEIGHT of 181-182lbs? (Iv been eating alot lately.. Mostly chicken breasts)

2 months ago (when i started) I was a measly 167-168lbs (my home scale)

CURRENT WEIGHT: Same Scale: 181lbs? My arms (measured now) Have also grown. I have stretch marks to prove it (on arm pit-going to chest) and its all lean mass too... I dont have much bodyfat except my stomach (Which im just begging to work abs).. My arms are pretty vascular and i get some freak veins when im pumped...goodluck trying to pinch some fat!.. Does every beginniner get these kind of gains? All I take is Whey Protein Isolate (30g per serving, once in the morning as a meal replacement since i cant eat in the morning.. and one after a workout).. my uncles (juice pumpin bodybuilders) think im taking roids because of the acne on my back heeh..

Progress is great.. Im lovin every moment of this ! Is gaining to much weight to quick not good? Or is it because of my age (18) that im in prime shape/condition for the body ?

Take care everyone!

Erik.

PS- Ill update a new pic today or tommorow.

you look like eminem....
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Wannabebig Member
    Hahahaa, Never been told that before.. But cool thanks ?

Hey, Im thinking of incorporating some arm exercises in my chest/back days

This is my split:
    Monday:Chest
    Tues:Back
    Wed:Legs
    Thurs:Arms
    Fri:Shoulders

For example if i did this:
    Monday:Chest/LITTLE bit of Bicep
    TUES:Back/LITTLE bit of tricep

I want to focus on my ARMS alot... I want the guns.. I know the exercises to get em, I just dont feel 1 day a week directly training them is sufficient enough. For example, If i did just a TAD bit of bicep exercise on my Chest day, (Heavy weights.... say like ONLY 4 sets of bicep exercises to just stimulate it.... and make it grow??) Would this work????? Then thursday id hit the bicep again.. But HEAVY! (Alot more punishment)

Do you think this is a good idea?

Thanks guys!

take care, Erik.