The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: shoulders

Wannabebig Member Podium Kreatin's Avatar
    I've been lifting almost a year now, but my shoulders haven't been improving much as my other muscles. my biceps and triceps are getting bigger, but my shoulders are flat!!! it looks funny

anybody have a good shoulder routine? i've used maxot for it, but my shoulders don't respond well to it for some reason. i could only military press 125x6!

also, is there anythng besides roids that'll broaden my shoulders (the bones)? just curious
    "No one can completely believe that I am natural.
    The most important drug is to train like a madman
    -really like a madman
    The people who accuse me are those who have never trained once in their life as I train every day of my life."

Alexandr Karelin
    Ten-time World Greco-Roman Champion
    1988, 1992, 1996 Olympic gold medalist

current stats (10/19/03): 20yrs, M, 5'4 @160lbs, ~11% body fat
    lifted since march 2000

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

There is no way to appreciably widen the bones in your body once the growth plates have fused. I suggest that you try a pre-exhaustion routine of side laterals supersetted with behind the neck presses. Warmup first, then perform this superset for 2-3 cycles.

Try a shoulder specialization routine for 3-4 weeks.Twice a week, pick one overhead pressing movement(push presses,militaries,behind-neck presses,etc.) and after warming up use a 6x6 format using the same weight for all 6 sets.Once you can get every rep with the same weight, add weight and repeat.My training partner and I have used this program twice in the past 8 months with great success.Give this program a try.If you do, eliminate or reduce your chest and tricep work by atleast 50% or you will overtrain your pushing muscles.

Hey dude try adding some lateral excersises in that routine , without laterals you wont realise your full potential of your delts...

Keep training ....

Majsi