Page 11 of 278 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: HomeYield's gotta get serious

Originally posted by HomeYield
    I'm still trying to. I was looking at my journal though and I haven't gained a pound since i've started this journal. Kind of pissing me off. My trouble is working at night I can't see to eat enough. I'm just not hungry enough to keep eating like I should. I'm working on it though. I'm still trying to bulk!

Dammit!! I am bulking. There is no try! I need to get my ass in gear!!
    I know exactly what you mean. I didn't do too well with bulking either. So I just quit worrying about it and decided I will try to put on LBM slowly over time like I always have. It will soon be time to cut anyway for spring/summer....so screw it.
    peace-

Craig

Bulking is definitely not easy, especially if you're not all about consuming food at all hours of the day.

My weight has shot up dramatically since I've been force-feeding myself 'round the clock, though, so to me it is worth it. We'll see what I look like, come the end of my bulk Maybe I'll just be fat, like Budiak.

HY, are you still at 195 then?? you still have some of the best strength on this board... and especially at your weight then. you could probably do about 130-140lbs. over your bodyweight on your 1RM for flat BB bench. so i wouldnt be too annoyed about not gaining weight because i am sure you are a lot more solid at least before you started this journal. but go get a king sized #2 at Burger King before you go to work.
    Don't just call me pessimist. Try and read between the lines. I can't imagine why you wouldn't Welcome any change, my friend. I wanna see it all come down. suck it down. flush it down.

hows it going man? gotta say your strength is out of this world! especially to say that your under 200lbs! How many years have you been lifting?

Force feeding is the way to go if you have trouble bulking, but that being said taking a ginger supplement can help digestion thus using the nutrients you take in more effective.

Just read the warning's on the XXL drink "keep out of the reach of children"! jesus it must be some explosive shiat!

This healthy comp with mike is quite a good match, i dont know who id put my money on. All i know is ive got some catching up to do!

B-R
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

Energizer Bunnie
    Dammit!! I am bulking. There is no try! I need to get my ass in gear!!
    Hmmmm you sound like me . Too freaky !!!

For the record...you are too gorgeous....but I need a pic update to confirm this....hee hee
    "Happiness is not an accident. Nor is it something you wish for. Happiness is something you design." Jim Rohn

A Work In Progress....II

DailyDiet

12/13 Shoulders 194lbs.

BB: I really want to get up to 220 and then cut. They day I hit 220lbs I'll start my cut back to 200lbs. That's my plan for now at least. Now how long that's going take I don't know but I'll get there one day.

galileo: Bulking is driving me crazy. I didn't have any problem force feeding myself when I was working during the day. My appetite was great. I could eat 4000 calories a day without force feeding. 6000 if I was really trying. Now 3000 is all I can get force feeding myself like crazy. I gained about 10 pounds in 3 months and have been stuck here for 2. Driving me mad. I don't put on fat too well. M metabolism is so fast that hasn't been a problem yet. It may change as I get older though.

The Calvinator: Yeah righ at 193-195 depending on my water weight. You may be right about being more solid. My strength has gone up in some areas so I can't complain too much about getting bigger if I'm staying the same weight but getting stronger. Good idea about Burger King but try this: go to Wendy's and order the triple cheese burger and for and extra $0.60 you can double the beef. That's right, for just 60 cents more you can go from 3 slices to 6. That ain't 60 cents a slice either that's 20 cents a slice. Double the beef baby. That should be my motto. Double the beef!!

Big-Ron: Hey man. Thanx for the compliment but it didn't used to be that way. I used to be one of the weakest guys around. I guess I'm just a late bloomer. I've been doing something consistently with weights for over 8 years. 2 years of serious lifting and less than a year knowing and understanding more about diet and nutrition. I'll have to try that ginger supplement. I don't normally have any problems digesting everything I take in but every little bit helps. Yeah, Mike's a great guy and pretty freaking strong for his age. If I had been that strong then I don't know what I'd been doing. You'll catch up in no time. It comes quicker than you think.

Franji: Hey babe! Glad to see you posting again. I'll update my pics again once I hit 200lbs or 205lbs. The moment I do, you'll be the first to know. Good to have ya back babe.

On to today's workout. I was feeling pretty tired going into this workout and wasn't quite as pumped as I was for this workout like I was last week. Anyway, you decide:

seated OH DB press:
    50x10
    80x8
    80x4
    100x6 (*humps DB's* )
    90x8

rear delt cable crossovers:
    60x10
    50x10
    40x10

CG upright rows:
    135x5
    185x4 (+2 w/ some cheat) (*uses BB to do pole dance* )
    165x8

Freemotion seated cable press:
    150x6
    130x6
    120x6, 90x4, 60x8 (dropset)

cable lateral raises:
    30x10
    20x10
    20x10
    Yeah, but whatever, shoulders were fried here.

shrugs
    225x12
    315x10
    275x10
    225xlost count, just burned out

I did a drop set on one of the seated shoulder press machines and that was it I was burned out. Done. Fin. Adios amigos. Twas a rather nice session. I was happy. Now I need to eat some more. I've had my post workout shake and some food but now I need some real food. And lots of it. The bulk most go on.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Re: 12/13 Shoulders 194lbs.

seated OH DB press:
    100x6 (*humps DB's* )
    Damn! That is just plain awesome. Most people on this site can't bench the 100s for 6 let alone OH press them for 6!
    5-9 170

Crazy upright rowing strength HY! Damn, friggin' impressive man. Keep up the hard work.

HY:

Any tips for upping my chinning strength HY? I know were in competition for rows but I am trying to get my chinning strength up. I am going to be doing a 3RM tomorrow for chins, and then some super-heavy negatives, and then a paused set. Well see what happens.

ryan: Thanks man! My shoulders have always been almost as strong as my chest. I get some serious looks whenever I toss those up.

MonStar: The one thing I found that really started making a difference was drop sets on the assisted pull-up machine. I always end my back session with some kind of drop set associated with chins. I also do chins and dips everyday as part of my warmup. Normally with weight. I almost never do just BW on either of those anymore. Even if its just 5lbs. Whatever you can do 10 times add 5 to it and keep going. Do both slanted grip pull-ups and straight bar. I love chins and pull-ups so I do them in between sets of other stuff to just for fun. Also try pull-downs but do them light and concentrate real hard on that mind-muslce connection. When I found exactly what to do and what activated my lats and released my bi's the weight also increased there too. You'll get up there before too long. Your genetics and dedication are just awesome. Don't worry about it too much. You won't have to wait long before its up there with the best.
    What is elite?

dude, I hate you so so much. Nah, not really. I do envy your upper body strength, especially you shoulders.

[Dr. Evil Voice]Minime, what did I tell you about humping the those dumb bells?[/Dr. Evil Voice]

Very impressive. It'll be scary to see what kind of damage you do when you start gaining more weight.
    Last edited by ectx; 12-14-2002 at 10:02 AM.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

DOUBLE THE BEEF BABY!!!!! That is a real good idea, because i went to wendy's today avtually and only got 3 Jr. Bacon cheeseburgers, biggie fries, 5 piece nuggets, biggie frosty and biggie mr pibb. too much bread though, so i must sextuplet(sounds right?) stack my burgers.... mmmmmmmm... beefy... damnit, now i am hungry!!!
    Don't just call me pessimist. Try and read between the lines. I can't imagine why you wouldn't Welcome any change, my friend. I wanna see it all come down. suck it down. flush it down.

whatever it says below HomeYield, yeah.... put double the beef! I wish i had a problem of puting on fat, i have put on a little over 40 pounds in one semester.... because i was lifting, but obvioudly fat was there too.

MonStar: The one thing I found that really started making a difference was drop sets on the assisted pull-up machine. I always end my back session with some kind of drop set associated with chins. I also do chins and dips everyday as part of my warmup. Normally with weight. I almost never do just BW on either of those anymore. Even if its just 5lbs. Whatever you can do 10 times add 5 to it and keep going. Do both slanted grip pull-ups and straight bar. I love chins and pull-ups so I do them in between sets of other stuff to just for fun. Also try pull-downs but do them light and concentrate real hard on that mind-muslce connection. When I found exactly what to do and what activated my lats and released my bi's the weight also increased there too. You'll get up there before too long. Your genetics and dedication are just awesome. Don't worry about it too much. You won't have to wait long before its up there with the best.
    Thanks for the post HY. Yeah I am really trying hard to get my chinning strength up. It gets even harder when I weigh more because right now I am around 217-219 I think so +100 to that is around 315 lbs. chinning weight. A B*TCH to pull compared to when I weighed 200 lbs. even ya know?

I am going to be doing some HEAVY sets of negatives today with +135, so hopefully that will workout okay. Dropsets and progression sound like a good idea though.

I was thinking about doing a triple dropset today with machine rows, but maybe Ill do it with underhand chins instead. Well see what happens, thanks the the suggestions HY.

Ummm... I think its time for you to do some calves...
    have you posted any pics before??

HY:

Uh-oh man, little more than 2 weeks until the new year. Looks like this competition is going to be kinda close huh? My PB for bentover rows is 295x3, but the 3rd rep was a little too much body English, so well just say 295x2 for me so far. And also at this point you know my deadlift PB is 455x1. I am hoping to pull 475x1 by January 15, 2003. So well see what happens.

You have back today correct?

12/16 Back day 192lbs

ec: I'm hoping to gain some weight and get things straightened out after the new year. I'm about due for another little growth spurt. I've just got to tweak some things and get my diet back on track.

The Calvinator: Only had what at Wendy's? Jeez you making me hungry. I've got some pics posted on the first couple of pages I think. Its about time for my calves to take on some serious growth. I'll get some more pics up once I get a better camera.

MonStar: Yeah, our bentover rows are pretty freakin close, I just wish my deadlifts were up there with yours. I still haven't maxed deadlift in a couple years and I haven't pushed the weight too much recently after hurting my hamstring. I'm getting ready to get more serious about it after the new year. It'll still take me some time though to catch up with you in deads.

On to today's workout. I had quite a bit of rest over the weekend. I went to a friend's house in Charleston and we just hung out for the weekend. It was quite relaxing to get away for awhile. All the rest, I had a good session today.

warmup: Normally I don't list this but I am today
    tri-set of bentover rows, chins, powercleans
    BOR's: 135x10, 185x8
    chins: BWx10, BWx10
    PC's: 135x6, 185x3
    The reason I'm listing this is for reference to the powercleans later. I'm going to want to max in these in the next coming weeks. I would like to get 225x1 maybe 2. I need to work on my form a little bit though.

Bentover Rows:
    300x8 (only 4 were clean)
    275x6
    255x8
    205x10
    I wanted to really pound out the 300 so I kept going once form started to suffer. I pushed out 4 more and really had a tight negative. 300x4 isn't too bad. I'll give MonStar something to shoot for on his next back day. It was an underhand grip, everything else was overhand.

WG Chins:
    +80x4
    +70x5
    +55x6

HS pulldowns:
    180x10
    200x8
    200x6

Deadlifts
    225x6
    315x4
    275x6 (sumo)
    315x6 (sumo)
    I like sumo much better. It works the legs (especially the hams) more instead of my back.

shrugs:
    225x10
    275x10
    315x10 (+however many powershrugs, i.e. cheating)

Then some assisted chins dropsets to finish. That was it. I was pretty happy with the bentover rows and chins. I think I added some weight to the chins but I can't remember. I'll have to go back and looks. Sumo deads felt easier than the conventional and it may help get my hamstring stength up. I'll keep working on them. Nice session overall. Weight still down but I think my appetite is starting to pick up finally. Hopefully things will work out better in that department soon enough.
    What is elite?

Bentover Rows:
    300x8 (only 4 were clean)
    300x4 isn't too bad. I'll give MonStar something to shoot for on his next back day.
    AWESOME strength here HY, really really impressive man. I got 295x3.5 and that was a friggin' hell of a set. I am not sure that I could do it again. So 300x4 is going to be tough to beat. You dont seem to be stagnating at all on these HY, I am DAMN impressed. I have to admit that I am starting to get stuck at around ~300 lbs. (295) or whatver. I am not sure if / how Ill make it past 315. Well see what happens. I am thinking that Ill be stuck around 300 or so by Janaury 1, 2003. So well see what happens.

WG Chins:
    +80x4
    +70x5
    +55x6
    You said you wished your deadlifts were closer to mine, well I wish my chins were WAY closer to yours. Damn. You should do a 1RM with underhand chins HY, I would love to see what kind weight you could chin for a 1RM. Probably a bit more than +135x1 on underhand chins I would imagine.

Re: 12/16 Back day 192lbs

ec: I'm hoping to gain some weight and get things straightened out after the new year. I'm about due for another little growth spurt. I've just got to tweak some things and get my diet back on track.
    *hands HomeYield a steak*

Bentover Rows:
    300x4 isn't too bad.
    Understatement of the year foo'. So do you and MonStar have a deadline set or a time when you'll declare a winner of your competition?

catch you later.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

MonStar: LOL, don't jinx me man. I hope not to stagnate anytime soon but it may be happening the same as you say yours is. Until my lower back and legs get strong, 300-315 may be about the most I'm going to try for a while. About the chins, I might be a few pounds shy of +135x1. I think the most I've done is +100x4. I'm really not too concerned about maxing though. I feel strength also comes from the ability to do more with the weight that just one rep. In track we had 2rep max instead of 1rm. If I can't do it 4 times then I should decrease the weight. I like to try to keep it around 6 but 4 or 5 means I have some work to do. I'd say you're alot further along in bentover rows than you probably thought you'd be this time a year ago. Keep up the hard work man. Its paying off for you.

ec: Thanx! *ravages steak* I'm not sure what we decided. Its in one of our journals somewhere as to whether we decided to go to who got the weight first or a set time. MonStar, do you remember?
    What is elite?

Genetic Experiment GeneticallyGifted's Avatar
    Stockholm, Sweden...Mainly, New York,New York, Los Angeles,CA., Civitinova Marche, Italy
    Man that Bentover for 300 is sick. You and chase, Monstar are doing some phenominal weight. I don't even know what to say about it.

HY it looks like you are competing in many different events, Dips, Bentovers...what else are competing in...?

G'd Up
    STATS COMING SOON:Age: 29 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 78KG/ 172LBS| bf: |Years Training:?? | All-natural: Yes|

Chest: | Shoulders: | Upper Arm: | Forearm: |
    Waist: |Neck:| Upper Thigh: | Calf: |

Personal Bests: COMING SOON:
    Flat Barbell Presses: | Dips: |Wide-grip Palms Away: |
    Military Barbell Press: |Barbell Squats: |

lol, he's a jack of all trades is this HomeYield guy

Great workout fella, the BB rowing was bad man, tremondous strength explosion, your body to weight ration must be off the scale!

keep it up lad, you will be a monsta in no time at all, just eat up.

B-R
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

12/17 Chest day 193lbs.

G'd Up: Hehe, thanks man. My biggest competition is with myself trying to get my squats up. That's my biggest thing to work on.

Big-Ron: I'm sure working on getting everything together. I just wish my ratio was up there with Powerman's and Belial's. Those guys push some crazy weight for their size. Eating is the one thing that really seems to be holding me back.

Chest day today. It was a so-so workout. Nothing drastic here like the rows. I may be still recovering from Monday's on chest day that's why these workouts have been kind of stagnate while my back has gotten better. I think its time to mix the order up.

incline db press:
    80x8
    100x4
    120x4 (and a half, didn't have a spotter)
    110x8

dips:
    160x3 (+.5)
    135x5
    90x8

HS decline SS /w flat db flyes:
    230x7 & 25x10
    180x10 & 30x10
    180x8 & 30x8

I did some calf work and 2 sets of triceps and that was it. I did a few more pounds on dips but didn't quite get the reps I wanted. I'll bump down some pounds and get my rep range right. Its kind of bothering my wrists a little bit. Rest day tomorrow and then legs.
    What is elite?

Nice pressing workout HY.

I am wondering how you feel about strength training? Do you prefer going a bit higher in reps or what? Because you seem to rarely go near a 1RM, just wondering man.

Ever trained for strength and size rather than just size?

I really don't like working too close to my 1RM. It just doesn't appeal to me. I tend to not go higher than 8 reps for most lifts. Most of the time I like to stick to 6 reps though I have been working around 4 reps here recently.

I really don't know what I train for specifically. I just like training the way I do. It keeps working. I'm not really concerned too much with size at the moment. Strength is a bit more what I train for but my workouts aren't constructed solely around strength. I don't really know how to describe it. I guess it really is more of a BBer's workout.
    What is elite?