Thread: Cardio

Wannabebig Member
    My workout buddy has a decent amount of muscle but also has alot of fat. He wants to cut down for the summer. I wanna know what would be the best way to lose fat but keep the most amount of muscle. Is there such a thing as too much cardio? Would doing 5 days of cardio be too much or should he just do 2-3? Thanks for any help.

Wannabebig Member
    I am trying to read up on this myself, but my knowledge of biology is very little. These journals look like they are written in chinese to me . Anyway, I was just wondering, what the fook is a muscle triglyceride? The journal I am looking at studies the effect endurance training has on it. Would a lower concentration of muscle trigylceride's after cardio mean that muscle was burned?
    Last edited by Esprit; 06-21-2001 at 05:02 PM.

Esprit,
    Go read the last post by me on this thread. It should clear things up for ya. http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...?threadid=2127

"Success is never behind you, it is always, always in front of you."

Sometimes, peopel spend WAY too much time thinking about this, and far too little time doing it.

Yes, there is such a thing as too much cardio. My suggestion is to use cardio to improve your cardiovascular health, and not to use it to drop bodyfat.

Body recomposition has FAR more to do with diet than aerobic activity. AND, the diet that works the best for me may not work well for you at all.

Just the way it is, and no amount of PhDs (or bright students of those PhD's), will change that... at least not in the foreseeabnle future. (Cack and ryan are both right... but both miss a bit of the point. IMO, I'd do cardio after eating a bit, if I did cardio in the morning. I don't. I have sex with my wife in the morning. I do a little cardio after I lift, or in evenings on off days, or I do something fun on my off weekend day.)

Truth is, when you do your cardio probably doesn't matter much. How much cardio you do matters more. How you weight train matters more than that. What you eat matters more than that... and HOW MUCH you eat still matters the most.

Notice that much of what was written (and used) 30, 40 years ago STILL works, even though it wasn't well understood then. Read the diet info in KTP.

Originally posted by Paul Stagg
    ... I don't. I have sex with my wife in the morning...
    Hahaha... Unless you're a minuteman, doesn't that count as a bit of cardio too?

bone crusher
    Originally posted by Paul Stagg
    ... I have sex with my wife in the morning. I do a little cardio after I lift,

Sounds like a great way to start the day!

I do some cardio after i lift as well. I have sex with my girl after i lift!! (sometimes not on leg day though ) Gotta take advantage of that test rush from the workout and pound, pound, pound!