The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: eating?

Wannabebig Member

eating?

hey I just wanted to know how many times a day i should eat any sugestion? by the way im 16 and a gurl so i don't need to eat like a guy i don't think.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I don't think that it matters that you are a girl, I would still eat 4 -6 small meals a day, Every 2 to 3 hrs or so. What are you goals. As far as weight loss or maitenaince?

Just trying to learn
    How much you eat depends on your goals. Also, I don't think it necesarily matters how many times a day you eat, but more importantly how many calories you are getting. If you want to gain some mass, eat quite a bit more than your BMR. If you want to lose weight, eat right around or slightly less than your BMR. But more frequent smaller meals are always better than big meals.

For women, BMR = 655 + (9.6 X wt in kg) + (1.8 X ht in cm) - (4.7 X age in years). **1 inch = 2.54 cm and 1 kilogram = 2.2 lbs.

Thats basically the amount of calories you burn just by living. Any activity at all will raise the number burned.

Wannabebig Member
    thanks 4 the responces i'm trying to lose some weight mostly in the stomach

Just trying to learn
    Then you don't want a lot of calories. And a lot of small meals would be better, cuz it digests quicker. I eat around 5 meals a day and I'm trying to lose some fat, it seems to be working pretty well. Just try to eat small, healthy meals and keep the fat% low.

Grasshoppa
    Should be in diet and nutrition, just for further reference.

Eat frequent, but small meals throughout the day instead of 3 hefty ones. I would aim for a small meal every 3 or so hours to keep your body metabolizing throughout the day.

If your goal is to lose fat, find out what your maintenance calorie intake would be and eat below it a bit. Make sure you don't go overboard and starve yourself like most girls I know tend to do. Take it easy and the fat will come off with time.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Th...keep the fat% low.
    Make sure that you eat some EFA's (Essential Fatty Acids). Do a search on this site as far as your nutritional needs. All of us are here to help if you have any questions. And you can't spot reduce; meaniing that you won't just lose some fat in the belly.

Do you train or are you active. That would help alot. Just keep at it and set some goals.

Drink plenty of Water.

A Fortnight Dead
    Remember Roxy, you can't "spot reduce." What you can do, however, is to incorporate resistance training, a reasonable amount of cardio, and a clean diet into your extant lifestyle. No need to hurry; hurrying, in fact, can be counterproductive. Just be patient, and you will see the results you want.
    "human kind/
    Cannot bear very much reality/
    Time past and time future/
    What might have been and what has been / Point to one end, which is always present."

-T.S. Eliot. "Four Quartets."

"Redistribution [of wealth] is in effect far less a redistribution of free income from the richer to the poorer, as we [had] imagined, than a redistribution of power from the individual to the State."
    -Jouvenal

Fear me, I am the bandersnatch.
    -Paul Stagg

I'd say 6 meals would be perfect.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.