Thread: Cardio and Size Training - Which Comes First (on the same day)?

Cardio and Size Training - Which Comes First (on the same day)?

What are folks' experience with doing cardio and size training on the same day? Is it not worth the effort to do both - can they be done in a specific order to not harm either effort? Thanks for any and all advice...

Grasshoppa
    If you really have to do cardio on the same day, which I wouldn't really recommend, I believe doing it after training is best.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

What Shao said.
    Man, if he do but live within the light of high endeavors, daily spreads abroad his being armed with strength that cannot fail.

--Wordsworth

Make it short and intense, If you really have to do it on the same day.

if doing cardio too then up your carbs a bit to help you grow.

do it AFTER
    Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal.These things are for lesser men.Protect the weak against the evil strong.And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil."

live by the code

What is the cardio for? Endurance training, or fat loss?

For fat loss it would be low impact cardio which is best done in the morning before breakfast. Then lift later in the day. Or lift then you could do light cardio right after your lift.

For endurance I don't know. When I run for endurance I push myself really hard and the same with lifting. I don't think I could do both 100% on the same day consistantly.

Wannabebig Member
    I herd your supose to do it after your workout.

you an do cardio in the morning, and lift at night! But if you do cardio and lift together you wont as much fat if you do cardio on non lifting days. Also, you'll burn even MORE fat if you do your cardio first thing in the morning w/ an empty stomach!
    Last edited by beastin v6; 10-24-2002 at 06:17 PM.

FREAK IN THA' MAKING!!! duque21's Avatar
    Yeah guys...after a long lifting session...when that cortisol gets pumping the next thing you would want to do is get on a tread mill and strat running.

I think the two should never be mixed, your time would be more well spent dooign them independant of each other.

Yes, definately do it afterwards if you must.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.