Thread: Coffee Recipes... bulletproof?

Coffee Recipes... bulletproof?

It seems like there are a lot of people trying different things with coffee such as the 'bulletproof' version which is unsalted grass-fed butter, MCT oil, and coffee.

Does anyone here drink 'bulletproof' on a regular basis? Or any recommendations for similar blends?

I have tried quite a few combinations with protein powder but many of them cause stomach discomfort which kind of defeats the purpose.
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 220 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 510 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

I like my coffee as just coffee. In my opinion, if you have good coffee you won't want to add a bunch of stuff to it. The whole butter thing is insane to me and I can't believe it has caught on.

Most asinine diet fad in years.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Quote Originally Posted by ncsuLuke View Post
    I like my coffee as just coffee. In my opinion, if you have good coffee you won't want to add a bunch of stuff to it. The whole butter thing is insane to me and I can't believe it has caught on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    Most asinine diet fad in years.
    I agree about the butter being strange which is why I have not tried it.

Will stick with my standard protocol of some cream or half and half and a little bit of sweetener. Vanilla protein does make for some delicious coffee if someone is looking to avoid dairy, the downside is that you generally have to drink it out of a shaker to get it to mix properly.

Weight: 220 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 510 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

The thought of protein powder hasn't ever crossed my mind, I can see how that might be tasty. I am a coffee snob though and don't like added flavor, if it is cheap coffee though I would give it a shot.

MCT oil, I believe, can cause some stomach discomfort.
    Ban Censors Donít Let ___ Stop___
    Love Your Enemies - It Really Messes with Their Minds

The thought of protein powder hasn't ever crossed my mind, I can see how that might be tasty. I am a coffee snob though and don't like added flavor, if it is cheap coffee though I would give it a shot.
    Makes sense, I just recently purchased a french press and gained some appreciation for better coffee. Although I will still drink cheap coffee and mix it with my protein powder sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by synonymous View Post
    MCT oil, I believe, can cause some stomach discomfort.
    Interesting... my Wife picked up some coconut oil that she uses for cooking and adds to shakes sometimes so I may try it in something other than coffee to see how it impacts my stomach and if it provides any sort of 'sustained' energy / hunger satisfaction.

I use coconut oil without a problem. MCT oil took some getting use to. Someone said it had to do with a lack of enzymes. Now I take it pre-workout and it doesn't bother me.

Coconut milk will bother my stomach if I drink it in large doses (Over 100ml). I add this to my protein for the fat. If I keep it at 100ml I'm fine though and that's all I need really.
    Ban Censors Donít Let ___ Stop___
    Love Your Enemies - It Really Messes with Their Minds

I like my coffee with just a little sweetener. That bulletproof stuff is a bunch of bunk in my book.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Ė Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

I like vanilla or choc protein powder in my coffee, but I've never thought to add butter...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Mutaffis View Post
    Makes sense, I just recently purchased a french press and gained some appreciation for better coffee. Although I will still drink cheap coffee and mix it with my protein powder sometimes.
    French presses are great, I was lucky and had an espresso machine given to me for a birthday present so I am beyond spoiled. If I travel though I still make the crappy hotel room coffee so next business trip I am definitely giving this a try.

Of course I guess you have to let it cool because hot liquid in a shaker bottle equals kaboom lol

Of course I guess you have to let it cool because hot liquid in a shaker bottle equals kaboom lol
    I've learned that the hard way.
    (Raw)
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 475
    Dead: 500

"All people dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous ones, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible."

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan E View Post
    I've learned that the hard way.
    Ha, yeah same here. Luckily it was just with hot water and soap but it definitely exploded all over the break room at my office. I am just glad that no one else was around to witness that tom foolery.