Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Just A Workhorse

Just A Workhorse

Alright, I've had several PM's now requesting that I start up a journal and post some pics. I just wish the pic requests had come from girls

Presently, these are my stats:
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 198#
    BF%: about 10-11%

As of Monday, I started bulking, and my main goal is to get to 210 by Christmas. Now whether this is possible, I have no idea. I have good form on all my excercises, and I hardly ever miss a workout, my biggest problem is nutrition. Now I know this is the MOST important thing for a weightlifter (I'm not a bodybuilder and I'm not a powerlifter, I merely lift weights), but eating is just my biggest problem. I should have put on a ton of weight in the past year, but of course, I haven't because I just don't eat right. I think I've put on about 5-10 pounds this year.

So, these are my goals, by Christmas:
    Weight: 210#
    BF%: Who cares, I'm bulking!! lol

These are my goals by next June:
    Weight:215#
    BF%: below 10%

What my daily diet roughly looks like:
    NLarge2 for breakfast (about 30g protein - 2/3 of a serving) w/ 5g glutamine at 6:30am
    Can of tuna at 9:30am
    Lunch at 12:30
    Can of tuna at 3:30
    On days I workout, I have 30g of whey isolate protein right after I finish in the gym, w/ 5g creatine, 5g glutamine, 35g dextrose
    Supper at 7:30pm
    Blended protein (about 30g protein) w/ 5g glutamine

Right now, I'm doing a 3 day split of:
    Tuesday: chest and tri's
    Thursday: legs and shoulders
    Saturday: back and bi's

Usually 9 sets of larger muscle group, 6 for smaller muscle group.

You are all welcome to post in here, hell, crack jokes, give me pointers, call me as assface (right Acc??), whatever, this isn't just for me, it's for everyone.

Workhorse

Oh, and here's a quick pic to put a face to the name.
    Last edited by Workhorse; 11-03-2002 at 04:12 PM.
    Check out my Training Journal HERE

105kg Open IPF Classic Provincial record holder in the squat, bench, deadlift, and total.

Good luck making your goals WH, I have some goals set up for me for Jan. 1, 2003. I hope to achieve all of them but who knows, well see.

Thanks Star, I'm really hoping to reach my goals, I just hope it doesn't break the bank with the supplements I'm taking .

Good luck on all your goals, if you keep at it, you'll get to where you want to be!!!

Workhorse

105kg Open IPF Classic Provincial record holder in the squat, bench, deadlift, and total.

Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar
    If you don't wanna break the bank, quit buying supplements. They aren't helping you anyways.

Originally posted by Saturday Fever
    If you don't wanna break the bank, quit buying supplements. They aren't helping you anyways.
    Pardon? I'd love to see the explanation behind this!!!

Workhorse

Good luck. What part of Canada you from?
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Thanks DL, I'm gonna do my best!! I live in Calgary, Alberta. (aka Cowtown). Right in the middle of the prairies, but I'm only an hour drive away from the Rocky Mountains!!

Where exactly is "Ninja Island"??

Workhorse
    Last edited by Workhorse; 10-24-2002 at 10:38 AM.

LOL....Ninja Island is a mystical place that is neither here nor there....it exists throughout most of the world....parts of it can be found in Michigan, and in New York, Pennsylvania, and Toronto....as well as down here in Hickvil...er, Alabama, where I am, and my close neighbor Tennessee. We even have reports of it being seen in parts of Europe, mostly near Newcastle, England. It is NOT near France however.

But who can say?

BTW-- this post counts as my obligatory spam

Last edited by PowerManDL; 10-24-2002 at 10:41 AM.

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

This post counts as my obligatory insult.

You're a monkey wrangling, apple eating, lawn mower salesman.

mmmmm.... spam! lol..... fine by me. This thread will be based around my training, but hell if you can't have fun with some extra posts on top of that (to read as: SPAM), I may as well not even keep a journal!!!

Workhorse

Originally posted by galileo
    You're a monkey wrangling, apple eating, lawn mower salesman.
    How'd you know?? Damn, I thought that was a secret! SH!T, now I'm going to have to change professions so that the bearded lady and the worlds smallest woman don't find me again. The abuse and molestation I took before was enough to make a man survive on tuna for the rest of his life!!

Workhorse
    Last edited by Workhorse; 10-24-2002 at 10:45 AM.

Now go away or I will taunt you a second time.

This journal is officially our new hangout.

Till we get bored and forget about it this afternoon.

I'm out of here....loitering is a $50 fine.

Originally posted by galileo
    I'm out of here....loitering is a $50 fine.
    Please leave a check payable to Workhorse at the door on your way out! Tips are welcome.

Workhorse
    Last edited by Workhorse; 10-24-2002 at 10:54 AM.

Genetic Experiment GeneticallyGifted's Avatar
    Stockholm, Sweden...Mainly, New York,New York, Los Angeles,CA., Civitinova Marche, Italy
    Hope that you are able to keep this journal. Know that we will be around to call you assface, and ask you what the "HELL ARE YOU DOIN' " sometimes, but we are here to support 'cha.

GG
    STATS COMING SOON:Age: 29 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 78KG/ 172LBS| bf: |Years Training:?? | All-natural: Yes|

Chest: | Shoulders: | Upper Arm: | Forearm: |
    Waist: |Neck:| Upper Thigh: | Calf: |

Personal Bests: COMING SOON:
    Flat Barbell Presses: | Dips: |Wide-grip Palms Away: |
    Military Barbell Press: |Barbell Squats: |

Hey Mr. UNC boy, glad to see you started a journal. How in the world are going to get it all done in a day....work, lifting, eating, getting all your chores done, hockey, hockey coaching and keeping that new play toy happy?

Good luck towards reaching your goals you set. EAT!!!!

How many people live in Calgary?

p.s. you really do have a great sense of humor. :evillaugh

EDITED: for a mispelled word. I hate doing that....the perfectionist I am LOL. Problem is I can't spell.
    Last edited by BennettBoy; 10-24-2002 at 02:57 PM.
    peace-

Craig

Well, Work - its slow, so I'm not too busy. Lifting and eating - there's ALWAYS time for those! Nights are full of hockey and chores, and well, the new play toy... she's been around for a while and is actually away doing her practicum for school (Nuclear Medicine) and I only see her for a 5 day weekend once a month.

I'm eating as we speak actually... chicken and shrimp fettucine alfredo (homemade - by me!). And as for Calgary, there are 900,000 people here. Although most of them are idiots... I'm a country boy who works in the city.

Workhorse

Well, here we go. My first "workout" post of my journal. My workout sucked and it'll be better next week!!! Now I know I only did like 8 sets for legs, and believe me, this isn't normal!! And I normally don't do 12 sets for shoulders, that isn't a regualr things either. So don't hack on me for it, its not my normal amount of sets etc. lol

Here's what I did:
    SQUATS:
    175x6, 275x12, 295x12 (missed my 3rd work set - will do another set next week like normal)

SLD:
    135x10, 135x12, 185x12

STANDING CALF RAISES:
    255X12, 255X12, 270X10

DB MILITARY PRESS:
    65x8, 65x8, 65x6

TEA CUPS:
    30x6, 25x8, 25x10

BENT OVER REV. DB FLYES:
    20x8, 20x10, 20x8

45# PLATE FRONT RAISES:
    8, 8, 7

There ya go, my first workout for this journal. I didn't do abs because the gym I was at doesn't have anywhere to do them.

Workhorse
    Last edited by Workhorse; 11-15-2002 at 08:20 AM.

WHAT IN THE HELL is a tea cup? This isn't "Workhorse's Sexual Journal", is it? There will be no tea cupping or tea bagging while we're on duty.

LOL... damn leo.... a tea cup? it's a lateral DB raise. When you get to the top (parallel with your shoulder, you turn your thumb down to stress the muscle a little more, and it looks like you're pouring water out of a jug, or "tea into a tea cup". I don't know, I've just always heard them called that.... it's a lateral raise.

The only way this is going to turn into "Workhorse's Sexual Journal" is if Sav, Roxy, Jane, Allie, and Tryska start posting in here!! But hey, that wouldn't be so bad now would it?

Workhorse

Alright, I went to the gym on Saturday and it felt pretty good. I'm going to have to bump up some of my weights considering that I got way more than 8 reps donw for some of the excercises. But then again, it feels good to mix it up a little every once in a while.

Here's what I did:
    DEADLIFTS:
    135x6, 225x8, 315x6, 365x5, 385x3

BENT OVER BB ROWS:
    135x8, 185x7, 155x8

WIDE GRIP PULLUPS:
    BWx8, BWx6, BWx5

LAT SWEEPDOWNS: (don't know the exact name for this excercise)
    110x12, 120x10, 120x9

INCLINE DB CURLS:
    20x6, 35x10, 35x9, 35x8

STANDING EZ BAR CURLS:
    80x12, 80x7, 80x8

ONE ARM DB PREACHER CURLS:
    30x8, 30x8, 30x8

ABS

There ya go, next time I'm going to bump the weights on a few of the excercises. I'll be back in the gym on Tuesday for chest and tri's. Next weekend I might even try for a personal best and go for a 405 deadlift. But I'm not sure, I don't know if I'll be able to do it. Any advice?

Workhorse
    Last edited by Workhorse; 10-28-2002 at 08:02 AM.

Originally posted by Workhorse

DEADLIFTS:
    135x6, 225x8, 315x6, 365x5, 385x3

I would definitely say go for it if you just want to do 1 rep. You are pulling some pretty heavy stuff for reps with 365 and 385. I don't think you will have any problems.

I did 405 Friday for the first time (I may have pulled it once before but can't remember) and it was some heavy ****.

I have no doubts you can do it though.

Good luck.
    peace-

Craig

Originally posted by BennettBoy
    I would definitely say go for it if you just want to do 1 rep. You are pulling some pretty heavy stuff for reps with 365 and 385. I don't think you will have any problems.
    I have no doubts you can do it though.
    Good luck.
    Thanks, I just wish I looked like I could pull that much. I'm glad I'm strong, but I for sure don't look like I can pull up 405. I think I'm going to try it, just for one rep. It's always been a goal of mine, so I really hope I can do it. I think its going to be more of a mental battle than a physical one!! Thanks for the encouragement though, it is greatly appreicated.

Bennett, for you and I having simliar body stats, (from what I remember), I sure don't look like you... although I wish I did... lol.

Workhorse

Well, I worked out with a buddy of mine yesterday and things went pretty good. He didn't have a lot of time so we worked out fairly fast - my breaks in between sets were basically long enough to change weights and thats it. Normally I get a little longer rest in between sets so you'll notice on some of the excercises that the weight drops with each set, but the amount of reps stay the same. Felt like I had a good workout, so that's all I can go by. Back in the gym tomorrow for legs and shoulders, although some friends want to take me out for wings and beer tonight for my birthday, but I think I'll skip the beer. lol

Here's what I did:
    BB FLAT BENCH PRESS:
    135x8, 225x6, 275x6, 255x7, 225x8

DB INCLINE BENCH PRESS:
    80x8, 80x6, 80x6

CABLE CROSSUPS: (arms go from loweest cable setting up to chest level infront of me)
    30x10, 40x8, 40x8

FRENCH PRESS:
    95x11, 105x6, 95x8

STRAIGHT BAR PUSHDOWNS:
    130x10, 140x9, 140x9

REVERSE GRIP PUSHDOWNS:
    110x10, 120x7, 120x7

Didn't do abs because I was so tired.

Well, we'll see what happens tonight for my birthday, who knows... maybe I'll cave in and have a few beers... lol.

Workhorse
    Last edited by Workhorse; 11-15-2002 at 08:22 AM.