The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig New Member

question about routines brevity

Is there a reason that these routines are all only 3 days a week? most successful bodybuilders are in the gym at least 5 a week, are they not? are these routines more on the intermediate level than advanced?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

3 days a week is more then enough for a natural bodybuilder.

Wannabebig New Member
    Originally posted by millertime
    3 days a week is more then enough for a natural bodybuilder.
    by natural do you mean not very large?

By natutal, I mean not using AS or HGH.

Shoulda been a meso... puny_ectomorph's Avatar

Mach,

Not to be patronizing...but you go ahead and blast yourself at full intensity for five days straight without roids, do it for a couple months, and report back when you're a second shy from death. I speak from personal experience on this.

-puny
    "Shut the f**k up and train."

Wannabebig Member
    Let's just give it a try guys, I think we are on to something here...

Chocolix,
    Give it a try. You can always go back to your old routine. Also going back to your old routine will be a shock your system. You could always throw in a lower body day after training your arms and shoulders. Then take only 1 day off instead of 2. I was very skeptical at first too. Now l like the time off, its not bad to have a life.
    Berserker

tell me that "by natural do you mean not very big" comment was a joke, or that you really didn't know....... please. cause most of them aren't exactly small. definitely not compared to the average person, or the average gym rat.

And the reason why it's only three days a week is because the body needs rest, time for it to heal the damage you do at the gym (and for most average people that will be about a week, not when you "don't feel sore any more"). Yes, going to the gym five times a week is great. I love spending time there, but results wise, healing is kinda necessary. (gear helps that process, which is why they are able to a high volume routine).

Use to do five days a week. Got nowhere but sorer then hell, and weaker and flabbier after a few months. I was tearing down muscles, and not fixing them. I know people in my gym that go five days a week. To say the least, they aren't getting much bigger, and lifts are pretty much stuck. How's that for an answer?
    LaLa

Wannabebig Member
    Sounds good to me, I will post my results, but how long do i wait, a month, or like 2 weeks or so...guess it just depends on the body....

try at least a month before you gauge the results.
    LaLa

Wannabebig Member
    Two hard workouts a week is enough....you dont grow in the gym

You can go to the gym as often as you like. As long as you are training different muscle groups, or if you are overlapping you keep volume down. Although I would recommend between 2-4 days per week, depending on what split you use.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Wannabebig Member
    I am now finishing week 2 of my routine 1, and believe it or not I am seeing significant results.... went from 18.1 to 18.2 in the arms, and a 48.7 to 48.9 on my chest. I am also 3 lbs heavier.

Way below radar
    Somewhere between cognitive dissonance and the egocentric dilemma
    Recovery time also depends on other non-gym factors...like your sleep patterns, level of stress, other activities, nutrition, etc. There are many variables and each person has to figure out what works for him/her...lots of good info here from people who have experimented with different splits and routines.

2-3 days per week works wonders for me. Any more than that and I get overtrained and regress.

I could give all to Time except - except
    What I myself have held. But why declare
    The things forbidden that while the Customs slept
    I have crossed to Safety with? For I am There,
    And what I would not part with I have kept.

--Robert Frost

Wannabebig Member
    Now i never thought about the sleep partner thing, i guess if you have an aggressive sex life, that can also be a slight workout, which can either progress or slow up gains....hummm

She said sleep patterns not sex partner.

I too am doing good. Finishing 4th week today. Not able to measure down to the .1, so I don't know about size. Lifts are all up. I attribute alot of that to the lower reps and not pushing hard enough. Especially in Dl and BR, put 40 lbs on DL set and 25 on BR. 20 on my shrugs, those I have been pushing for last couple months. Not alot of pounds on my bench, Iwas doing 5rs, moved that weight to 8rs. 30lbs on my squats. I am getting to the point where I am starting to only add reps and not pounds on my sets. I like the rest especially if you have active lifestyle. Been chopping wood lately.
    Berserker

C,
    As far as sex being only a slight wo, your doing it wrong. I've had some sore tris. Not to mention cardio. I never do cardio in the gym.
    Berserker