Thread: German Volume Training

German Volume Training

Well, I'm going to do a two month cycle of German Volume Training with the intentions of getting shredded to pieces. I'm going to eat aproximately 2000 calories per day. Getting at least one gram of protein per pound of body mass, I'm going to use Glutamine (although I'm skeptical of it), CLA, an ECA stack, Multi-Vitamin, Udo's Oil, 35 grams of fiber per day in the form of Psyllium Husk, and a Zinc/Magnesium supplement. I know this could backfire on me, and that a low volume approach is probably a lot better, but I think this could really lean me out considerably and get me ready for the next phase of my training which will be geared towards maximal strength. Wish me luck.

IMO two months is too long for GVT.

Agreed, if you're not going to be using some kind of chemical helper, keep it 4-5 weeks MAX.
    There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength. Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it's impossible to turn back.

GVT is not designed to get shredded. It's designed to get big, to bulk. You gotta eat big while doing it. I did it last year but did it completely wrong. I thought I could grow and lose fat doing it, but didn't do either.
    The weights won't lift themselves.

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    GVT?

GVT = German Volume Training

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    well duh, but what is it/

Not to be as fickle as monstar or anything, but good ol' TreeTrunks bailed me out of starting this routine, and I agree with him. There is just no reason for a guy like me (very little muscle mass to begin with) to go on such a specialized, and high volume training routine. I'll stick with good old fashioned Supertraining principles for awhile.