The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Hypertropthy-specific-training

Saw this mentioned here a couple of times, so I decided to undertake some research on it, on both the forum and on google. It's seems interesting, and it reinforced with sound scientific principles.

However there are still some areas I am unsure off, and I would be much gratefull if you would answer some of my questions:

1: Is there a chance of over-training? Doing a total body workout each session, would it not over-load the secondary muscles.

2: Is it better than the traditional training schemes?

3: How do I meaure my 5, 10 and 15 RM's - can someone be kind enough, to devise me a scheme to do that - Also, what if your RM for the Bench press, is just the bar lol ?

4: How would I alternate between several exercises? Example - Bench press - Dips - Incline bench press for the chest.

5: Anyone here who has tried HST, could you share your experiences and results with me/us?

Come on don't be shy now, its only 5 questions tuttut

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Girlz Luv 2 Ride With Me
    man all i can say its worked great for me so far....

i'll answer question 1

1) over-training, hah! hasnt happened yet (i have overtrained on other routines). i use glutamine post work out thats it. at the end of a 15 cycle you might feel like puking though, it's hardcore simply cuz of volume. but that 1 day in between workouts is all i've ever needed....!! just believe it.
    Current Stats
    Weight: 146 lbs | Bodyfat: 13%
    Bicep Unflexed: 11.8" | Waist: 31" | Neck: 15" | Thigh: 21" | Calf: 13.4" | Chest (Underarm) 37"

Goals
    Weight: 178 lbs | Bodyfat: 8%
    Bicep Unflexed: 15.5" | Neck: 16.0" | Thigh: 25" | Calf: 16" | Chest (Underarm) 44"

Grasshoppa

Re: Hypertropthy-specific-training

Originally posted by AJ22
    1: Is there a chance of over-training? Doing a total body workout each session, would it not over-load the secondary muscles.
    Well, since you're not really going to failure until the the 6th workout of each 2 week cycle, not really. Plus, if you look at the layout on the HST website (which I recommend), it shows you the breakdown on each muscle group. i.e. On a typical HIT routine, you'd do 9 sets for chest in one day. For HST, you do those 9 sets, but it is spread out through the week. And so on.

2: Is it better than the traditional training schemes?
    It's all up to you and your body. Different things work for different people. You need to find out what works for you.

3: How do I meaure my 5, 10 and 15 RM's - can someone be kind enough, to devise me a scheme to do that - Also, what if your RM for the Bench press, is just the bar lol ?
    Figure out the lifts you would like to do, I recommend the sample routine if you're just beginning. Test your 15 RM on like Monday, 10 RM on Wednesday, 5 RM on Friday...or something to that effect. If your 15 RM for a bench press is the bar itself, I would probably do a different exercise, maybe dumbell instead of barbell. Or start up with a normal HIT routine to build it up? I dunno.

4: How would I alternate between several exercises? Example - Bench press - Dips - Incline bench press for the chest.
    Again, if you look at how the HST web site lays it out, you can do something like 2 sets of bench press and 1 set of incline bench on Monday, and then replace one of those with dips on Wednesday and then alternate from there.

5: Anyone here who has tried HST, could you share your experiences and results with me/us?
    I'm about to try, but if you do a search using the keyword "HST", I'm sure you can find several threads on the subject. You can also find a few threads on the HST message board.

http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park