The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Gym membership dilemma!

My membership has expired in the current Gym I am in and I have decided to look around to join a new gym. I came across 2 and was wondering what your advice would be.

One is a hardcore gym strictly for males (At least i don't think its a gay gym anyway). It has no music and pure resistance machines but the place looks pretty run down. The other option is an awesome gym with loud pumping music, gorgoues chicks, Loads free weights and machines, 50 metre pool, the whole works. Which would you choose. The second one is more expensive but the first seems like I could add a lot of mass. Its called the World Gym. Also does anyone think weight machines are any use compared to free weights. What are the advantages? Adious!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

The first gym has no free-weights?

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    My opinion on that is either one if fine as long as you stay focused. The women can be VERY distracting... Just don't end up trying to pick them up every work out session you have. I prefer free weights but machines have their place in your work out routine too. =)
    w00t

Millertime,

Sorry the first Gym has free weights but the resistence machines are pretty ****ed up looking i.e I would say if I was squatting like 400ibs on the Smith Machine it would fall apart. The 2nd Gym has all new modern equipment, but when I had a look around and went to the weights section the members looked like they were the type of dipsticks who think they look like Ronnie Coleman when in fact they would probaly blow away in the wind, and thing the benching 20 ib's is a huge achievement. The members in the first gym are serious bodybuilders.

Gonepostal. When I looked around the 2nd Gym the woman looked like they were soo snooty and stuck up there noses would fall off. Its just its like a free strip show with all these perfect female bodys walking around (except of course they have clothes on, I just thought that it would be worth the admission alone especially when you check out the stretching area. Man my dick nearly fell off with all the excitement.

I would join the second gym; the facilities are in better shape. The members of the gym are not important. All you need is a place with working weights and a clean environment, to get a good work out. ...Plus the eye candy doesnít hurt.

joing the gym that has the greatest amount of free-weights....machines should be used to complement your free-weight trainng and not to be used for core exercises...

Banned
    join whichever gym you are most likely to go to on a regular basis.

if the locations are equal convenience/distance, I'd go for the place with the better gear... you can always pop on the headphones and focus when its time to lift

unless, of course, you are going to be unable to resist the eye-candy

Why not try both out and join the one you are most comfortable training in?
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

is there a monster price difference between the two?
    "Don't take life too serious, you'll never get out alive."-Van Wilder

A. F.
    go for world gym.

we have one here and if its like the one you're talking about (loads of free weights) then its a def. go.

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    yah, go with the freeweight laden one. But I like what LP said, try both. you can't grow if you don't go. (hey that rhymes) So if you join the one with more free weights, but never go, it ain't hleping any

yeah the women can be VERy distracting, they tend to wear outfits that aren't necessary when exercising.
    Train.

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Originally posted by LAM
    joing the gym that has the greatest amount of free-weights....machines should be used to complement your free-weight trainng and not to be used for core exercises...

(Sighs wearily) Here we go again. Once and for all, machines can be used for core exercises. A muscle does not have eyes. It can not tell if you are lifting free weights or using a machine. If you are worried about involving those magical stabilizer muscles, then just lift as heavy as possible while still maintaining good form. I don't believe the difference between someone using machines and someone using free weights (all other things being equal) is really noticeable.