The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

Need to blast biceps..

Pissing me off that the last two weeks I've barely felt anything from my bicep workout. Tried changing it up slightly last week, but that didn't do anything. Either I'm relying on being sore as an indicator, or I really do need to change it up. This is what I have been doing:

Preacher curls
    Standing DB curls
    Preacher curl machine (mainly just negatives)

Any advice is appreciated..

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

grow.....Grow....GROW.....
    No BB curls??? what's up with that??
    If at first you don't succeed, take 5 lbs. off and try again.

Wannabebig Member
    I was thinking about that. I've just never done them (had great success otherwise), but I shall try that tonight.

Grasshoppa
    Being sore doesn't equate to hypertrophy.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Wannabebig Member
    Originally posted by Shao-LiN
    Being sore doesn't equate to hypertrophy.
    Yes, I'm aware

Is this all the feedback Im gettin..?

You don't need to blast your biceps, only overloard them

Try standing heavy barbell curl
    Gain Muscles ? Overload !
    Lose Fat ? Input < Output
    Genetic determines your potential
    Chins : 10x106kg Dips 10x109kg

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    Barbell curls aren't neccesary. I haven't done them in 2 years, and if anything stands out on me, it is my bi's. If you're doing heavy backwork, say db/bb rows, chins, and the like, then your bi's are getting hit pretty hard. i have a back/bi day, and by the time I'm done with my back, all i do is a few sets of incline db curls (these things are great, completely takes cheating out of the curl movement), or maybe a a couple sets of hammers, or just standard bb curls. Anyway, point is, I only do a couple direct sets for biceps, and it's worked out fine. I keep the direct work heavy by the way

Yeah, you need BB in a Bicept workout.

Try 21's this work-out work!. Load a curling bar and load it with medium - slight heavy weight. Start off by curling the back half way upx7, then curl it all the way but only go down half way. Down half-way than up repeatx7, then curl it the full range x7. Do this with out resting. x7x7x7=21. That's one set.

Sit on a Incline bench with a set of dumbells. Make sure the bench is inclined so the DB hang almost behind you then with out coming off the bench bust some curls. trust me it's not easy.

Finally, just curl a BarBell that alone requires a lot of strenght to balance out the long bar and it gives a your bicepts a wake up call.
    Change your work out every few weeks or when it stops working for you. Go from light to heavy and back down to light and try to beat you reps every time on the way down. And do it fast don't let them recover to much.
    "The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." -Steve Prefontaine

Motivate a fatty here.

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    you do NOT need bb's in a bi workout. i don't know any other way to say it.

You said it perfectly.

You don't need to 'feel' anything - you just need to be adding weight or reps over time.

You need to post more information for us - what are you trying to accomplish, what is your routine? How big are you already? Are you growing in general?

Could be your diet isn't in order! Could be there isn't anything wrong at all.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

you do NOT need bb's in a bi workout. i don't know any other way to say it

I disagree, it's a VERY effective way to hit the Bi's. That and doing db curls with your bench at a 45 degree angle...IMO

It can be effictive, depending on how you're training, but the point is that you don't NEED it. I usually switch off dirrect and indirect training of biceps every 3 months or so and have often seen a bigger increase in strength through indirect training. It depends on the person and the workout.
    Last edited by Shark; 11-03-2002 at 05:56 PM.

Tir na nOc Pursuer Borgod Maxximus's Avatar
    NEGATIVES.
    "In the pool of dreams, the water darkens for the soul thats tired of search"

Varg Vikernes