Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grip strength

I agree totally Pete.

A belt hasn't ever stopped someone from getting injured.

If you noticed a lessening of back pain, EA, then it was because you didn't know how to keep tight before getting the belt.

Its never been an issue for me personally.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

EA,
    As far as why do corporations like walmart use weight belts, there just covering there asses. Do you want to take weight lifting advice from walmart? Back and eye injury are the two biggest claims for workmens comp. I don't have the link but an article I read could find no significant reduction in injury with a wieght belt. They said they don't hurt either. OSHA does not require a weight belt.
    I started about 2 months ago using them on heavy lifts. I was DL before without them.
    As far as straps go I wish I was strong enough to need them, and glad I don't need them for DL 250.
    Berserker

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Lifting heavy+chalk= ace grip.

That is all.
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    As far as straps are concerned, I never said that they made the exercise safer (I'm not sure where you get that from) A belt does make the exercise safer, by providing support. It will not STOP you from getting injured. Again I never said that. I said it is safer to use a belt. If you feel you don't need one fine. But to say a belt does absolutely nothing can not be proven. I am not aware of any studies proving that a belt does nothing. On the other hand I am not aware of any studies proving that a belt is safer. However there is a wealth of ancedotal evidence pointing in that direction. In the end, it comes down to opinion. You have a different opinion than I do. Let's leave it at that. Peace.