The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Babies in beauty contests?

WTF?????

was just this show on here where theyll film something totally weird or rediculous or prank someone and they were somewhere in the usa
    and they were at this beauty contest in a mall and the youngest category was under 1 year.

all the fookin kids didn`t know wtf was happening and were crying and they had makeup on and silly tacky dresses and their proud insane mothers were having so much fun with them it was horrible...

they interviewed this 8 yr old who lives with her grandma and she is her manager too and shes been doing beauty and talent shows since she was still in dipers and she had a room PACKED FULL of trophies it was so horrible.... so horrible
    grandma having so much fun with the hair and makeup etc and the girl learning on from birth that she doesn`t look good unless she spends 3 hours on it.

baaaah
    Last edited by Reinier; 11-02-2002 at 02:18 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

i agree reinier. it's a twisted little culture.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

I'm getting about damn sick of all the emphasis on beauty.

yeah. and regardless of whether beauty is important or not, its too relative.

and its definitely got NOTHING to do with crying babies in dipers

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    absolutely disgusting

Toughest Man in the World Bruise Brubaker's Avatar
    I'd disfigure those mothers with a crowbar, then I'd show them what beauty really is.

Success Nourishes Hope Shankerr's Avatar
    I'd agree, its pretty poor form to exploit your kids like that... especially when they're too young to know wahts goin on
    Let me get this straight...
    You get play from the girl of your dreams
    PR Shoulder Press using the 3 digit dumbells
    Hit up some fun with the guys
    Then get more play
    (all in one afternoon/evening I might add.. S)
    You are a success my friend . Share your secrets. (Crippy)

rookiebldr says:
    As for the weight gain, that too shouldn't be a problem, just tell them your leaning out. Then flex your bi and tell them to ****ing get lost.
    Shane says:
    yeah or throw something at them
    rookiebldr says:
    like a couple of 45's

exploiting their kids like that is very wrong. Kids should be outside playing not puting on make up and looking pretty.
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

3:16
    have no groups tried to ban it yet?

none of the anti-peadophill protesters?
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

no. it's not pedophilia, exactly.

it's mothers (usually fat ugly ones), who live vicariously through their daughters and want to live out there beauty queen dreams. of course i'm sure pedophiles get off on soem of it, but ti's a mom and daughter thing, so it falls under life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.
    Last edited by Tryska; 11-03-2002 at 09:00 AM.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

stuff like that is strange, when people in high seats use litte children for their satisfaction, even pope defends them.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

when their babies, I don't care. They don't know what's going on, and the parents are more then likely just out their cause they think their kid is "so darn cute." Whatever. It give them something to do other then change the things diapers and.. whatever else you do with a baby.

Soon as they start growing up, then it becomes wrong. I don't know if I watched the same show as you, but I saw a documentry of them following around a few kids that were in the pagent. They didn't have normal lives. They weren't allowed to go out and play, what they ate was dictated, they had to practice dancing/singing/whatever every damn day. That's sick. Parents that force their kids into that to relive their dreams shouldn't be parents.

Course, there was one kid who had a perfectly normal life. Her parents did it with her cause she wanted to. It was her idea. She never placed very high, and her parents stressed that "so long as she has fun, it's all good. we don't care if she wins or loses, it's not about that."

oh, and dog shows are sick too. Dogs are pets, damnit. Unless it's the trick section, those are kinda neat.
    Last edited by Nights; 11-03-2002 at 01:25 PM.
    LaLa

Dog shows are wrong, they emphasis on the wrong parts of the dog, what does it help if a male English Mastiff is 100kg and strong, but a wussy dog? damn all the great molosser breads have been outwatered.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.