Thread: Decent Arms

Determined

Decent Arms

I've been lifting for about a year and a half now. I'm 18, 6'1" and 165. Its easy to see that I'm not big to begin with, but I need to get my arms bigger. They are pitiful and it seems like no matter what I try, they won't grow. Do you guys have any good pointers or routines that will help my arms? Thanks..

PR blaster!
    Who have the biggest arms? Generally, the people who weigh the most....start eating, A TON OF FOOD....think carbs.
    "****, if you told teenagers it was trendy to wear a paper bag on their heads with holes for the eyes they'd all be doing it."

Senior of Kinesiology
    To put some serious mass on your arms you will need to gain weight everyware else as well. Can you post your routine and diet? That can help us help you. Chris Masons arm routine may be good for you, you can find it under the training articles. Also Welcome to the board!
    Meet PR: 290lb bench press, 505lb dead lift @ 190lbs

Current Training: Yoga and Weightlifting

5'11'', Male, 175lbs, age 22

Starting all over again :(
    dont worry about it, your not big in the first place. if you keep thinking about your arms you will become a curl jockey.

is the rest of your body growing ? if not, then don't expect your arms to be growing. if you are making gains then your caloric intake is enough and the problem lies in your training and/or rest/recovery

At 165, I'd be focused on making everything grow. Your arms will come along.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.