The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Hst...

Wannabebig Member

Hst...

I just finish my first HST cycle and it felt great. Because it was a "trial" cycle I was kinda dumb not to keep track of my progress. However, for my next cycle I'm gonna be measuaring everything, counting cals, weighting the food, taking pictures, and making a journal. Still I have a couple of questions.

I'm gonna decondition for about 12 days, should it be ok if I do some cardio on these days and perhaps some light ab and calve workout(my calves are really behind)???

Should I determine my maxes again or should I just add a couple of lbs to the previous loads???

If I should determine them again, when in the 12 day decondition period should I measure them?? In the beggining of the 12 days, the middle or in the end???

Thanx

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Re: Hst...

Well done on the completion of your first cycle. I'm almost finished my second. I believe you'll find Blood&Iron an excellent resource for these questions and if you read his older journal he describes in detail some of the decisions he made through his HST cycles. Given that, I'll attempt to answer with my current understanding and intrepretation. Hopefully B&I or others will interject with additional advice or correct my intrepreation where required.

Originally posted by I Need Help
    I just finish my first HST cycle and it felt great. Because it was a "trial" cycle I was kinda dumb not to keep track of my progress. However, for my next cycle I'm gonna be measuaring everything, counting cals, weighting the food, taking pictures, and making a journal. Still I have a couple of questions.
    I guessing that this is in reference to the calories etc and not to the weights you were lifting. If you kept track of the weights then you'll be able to measure your progress in what you have been lifting.

I'm gonna decondition for about 12 days, should it be ok if I do some cardio on these days and perhaps some light ab and calve workout(my calves are really behind)???
    During deconditioning you really should be absent from all weight lifting exercises including caves and abs. I think some moderate cardio is ok, however you really are trying to give your muscles time to rest. Cardio may interfere with that rest, I'm guessing. Since I hate cardio, this has not been difficult to drop.

Should I determine my maxes again or should I just add a couple of lbs to the previous loads???
    It seems it would be optimal to re-determine your maxes, however, I didn't and I don't think I suffered too much from it. I've tended to adjust as I went along and in some cases I was lifting too heavy too soon or too late. I'm not sure how this has effected my progress since it's only my second cycle.

If I should determine them again, when in the 12 day decondition period should I measure them?? In the beggining of the 12 days, the middle or in the end???
    This should be before you decondition.

Grasshoppa
    Cardio is fine, I don't think it interferes with deconditioning. The HST article even suggests you find some activities to participate in, I tend to assume there is some type of minor cardio involved.

Deconditioning is deconditioning...you touch a weight and start lifting, you've stopped doing your SD. Your calves and abs aren't going to catch up in the week or two that you are decon'ing anyway, just throw them into your next cycle.
    Last edited by Shao-LiN; 11-06-2002 at 01:15 AM.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park