The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Small pic of the K-Daddy

Hey guys and gals, this is a pic of me and my band with the DJ of a local station here. We were on the radio getting interviewed and playing a couple acoustic tunes in promotion of our upcoming show (supporting Course of Nature at the National Peanut Festival). I'm the one on the far right in the bright yellow shirt.

No real progress pics or anything. Just putting my face out there for you guys to ridicule. I'm working on some before/after/before/after pics at the moment and won't be finished until about May.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

What kind of music do you guys play?
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

I guess you could call it a sort of "new rock" thing. I wouldn't necessarily compare us to Creed, Default, or any band like that, but you get the picture. We've always tried to get some kind of original sound out there. What does set us apart is that our singer is incredible and rarely sings out of key (and actually knows what singing in key is...that doesn't seem to be a big focus these days).

We cover all kinds of new stuff (like I said, mainly new rock) but our originals have some weird stuff in 'em. When we get some stuff online, I'll post a link for it

-Justin

what do ya play?
    STATS:
    • 5'9"
    • ~185

The Big 3 (2 sets):
    Flat BB Bench 270
    Deadlift 355 (no belt/straps)
    Squat

I play drums...I think my drumsticks were cut outta the picture.

Originally posted by K-Daddy
    I play drums...I think my drumsticks were cut outta the picture.
    SWEET!!

i use to play the drums in a band from about age 14 to 23. i miss jammimn on them. however...i've got a son coming into this world(in 1 month) and hopefully i can get him interested in them! what's your setup like?
    STATS:
    • 5'9"
    • ~185

The Big 3 (2 sets):
    Flat BB Bench 270
    Squat

Originally posted by entrrt
    i've got a son coming into this world(in 1 month)
    Congrats and good luck, man. It changes your WHOLE world.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Originally posted by stpatrick44

Congrats and good luck, man. It changes your WHOLE world.
    thanks!

hopefully it'll change for the good! looking foward to the adventure.
    STATS:
    • 5'9"
    • ~185

The Big 3 (2 sets):
    Flat BB Bench 270
    Squat

you're not who i pictured for the guy that's inside every woman's head. I think i expected a skinny guy in a wifebeater with lots of goo in his hair.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Originally posted by Tryska
    you're not who i pictured for the guy that's inside every woman's head. I think i expected a skinny guy in a wifebeater with lots of goo in his hair.
    Haha, I knew that was coming in some form.

entrrt, my setup is as follows:

Drums: Premier Cabria kit in 12-16-22 sizes (I don't use the 13" tom), custom-made (ERLA) 13x5.5" maple snare and 14x5" Ludwig Acrolite. Aquarian heads all around - Mainly Studio-X top and Texture Coated on bottom. Only exceptions are the 13" snare which has an Evans G2 on the batter and an Ambassador on the reso. I think the Acrolite has some different ones, too...the top's one of the Aquarian 2-ply (performance 2 or response 2) and the bottom is an Attack snare-side head.

Cymbals: (from my left to right) 14" Zildjian New Beat hats, an older 18" Zildj. A crash, 20" Sabian AA Tight Ride, 17" Zildj. A custom crash, another older 20" Zildj. A ride, 6" B8 Pro splash, and occasionally my 9.5" Zil-Bel

Other stuff: Mainly Premier and Tama hardware, Iron Cobra doublebass pedal (powerglide, with the stock beaters), ProMark 7A nylon-tipped sticks, and uhh...I think that's about it.

Whew.

-Justin

Banned
    nice drum kit

you look wide in the pic, as well . . . nice shoulder/chest genetics at the very least. either that, or that shirt just makes ya look good. Heh.

A. F.
    From the pic you look like you got a nice frame.. broad shoulders, wide chest, nice forearms.

if you put the time and effort, you'll look amazing.

Originally posted by K-Daddy

entrrt, my setup is as follows:

Drums: Premier Cabria kit in 12-16-22 sizes (I don't use the 13" tom), custom-made (ERLA) 13x5.5" maple snare and 14x5" Ludwig Acrolite. Aquarian heads all around - Mainly Studio-X top and Texture Coated on bottom. Only exceptions are the 13" snare which has an Evans G2 on the batter and an Ambassador on the reso. I think the Acrolite has some different ones, too...the top's one of the Aquarian 2-ply (performance 2 or response 2) and the bottom is an Attack snare-side head.

Cymbals: (from my left to right) 14" Zildjian New Beat hats, an older 18" Zildj. A crash, 20" Sabian AA Tight Ride, 17" Zildj. A custom crash, another older 20" Zildj. A ride, 6" B8 Pro splash, and occasionally my 9.5" Zil-Bel

Other stuff: Mainly Premier and Tama hardware, Iron Cobra doublebass pedal (powerglide, with the stock beaters), ProMark 7A nylon-tipped sticks, and uhh...I think that's about it.

Whew.

-Justin
    sounds like a nice set-up! ( i'm jealous)...sold mine a while back. it was a dbl bass 12-pc.(6'-16' toms), 5 crashes, 1 splash, 2 rides, a 1 Wuhan a hihat(A.Zildjian for all cymbals...except Wuhan). few cowbells, chimes. i guess your basic Neil P. "old-school" setup. he was my biggest influence...and still is! anyway, later.........!
    STATS:
    • 5'9"
    • ~185

The Big 3 (2 sets):
    Flat BB Bench 270
    Squat