The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Bail Enforcement Agent kathnmarc's Avatar

Training chest with dumbells only...help!

I am currently without proper bench for barbell chest training and for safety's sake, I only use dumbells to train chest. While I have made excellent gains using this method thus far, I have grown to the point of not being able to curl, or jerk, enough dumbell weight to train my chest effectively. (80lb dumbells {was ok with 70's, but not with 80's}) Is there some sort of trick you guys know about to get these dumbells up there for training chest without a spot? I need to move forward, but without a bench, this has become a problem.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

If you are doing flat dumbbell presses, put the dumbbells on the floor at the end of bench. Drop down with back straight and grab dumbbells and stand up with them. Sit on the end of the bench and place dumbells on top of quads above knees. Take a few deep breaths and lie back while pushing the dumbbells straight above to the starting position.

If you are doing incline dumbbell presses, again put dumbbells on quads above knees and as you incline back kick you right knee up to help you lift the dumbbell to the starting position. Do the same for left.

OK, that is how I do it. Sorry I can't describe it better.
    peace-

Craig

Good description BB. I either do that or I just sit on the end of the bench, grab the DBs, and powerfully lay back with them.

BB, that's EXACTLTY how I do it! I couldn't have said it better myself... well, maybe a little... lol

Workhorse
    Check out my Training Journal HERE

105kg Open IPF Classic Provincial record holder in the squat, bench, deadlift, and total.

A. F.
    i'm with bb..

I just pick them up from a rack thats about waist height, carry them to the bench, rest them on my quads, then sit down. Then I just lie back and let them rest on my chest for a sec, then press.
    Last edited by ChrisH; 11-04-2002 at 12:06 PM.
    "I'm gonna die with a dumbell in my hand." - stpatrick44

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 80kgs (176lbs) | BF%: dunno
    --
    BB Bench 1 x 110kgs (242lbs) | Deadlift: 135kgs (300lbs) x 2 | Current Routine: Bodybuilding

Originally posted by BennettBoy
    If you are doing flat dumbbell presses, put the dumbbells on the floor at the end of bench. Drop down with back straight and grab dumbbells and stand up with them. Sit on the end of the bench and place dumbells on top of quads above knees. Take a few deep breaths and lie back while pushing the dumbbells straight above to the starting position.
    :withstupi

Give em a good bounce with your knees.
    "The only sin which we never forgive in each other is difference of opinion."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.