The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Bench press Station Vs. Normal Barbell Bench press....advantages and views

I'm doing it at the bench station as I dont have someone to do the spotter job for me.........but basically what are the differences?....my guess is that concentration is much much more in the barbell bench press..........

what's your take?

Raj

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    any time you use a freeweight as opposed to a machine you are forced to provide all the stabilization YOURSELF as opposed to having the machine do it FOR you... so freeweight lifts actually make you work a bit harder.

that's the #1 difference IMHO

however, both work your pecs and tris and front delts, both will work as mass and strength builders

if you are unable to get a spotter and aren't comfortable benching with free weights, then don't think twice about using the machine...

Banned
    this should probably be in Training, as well (not WBB Routines)...

the stabilizers is one of the main ones, another is the fact that your on a set path. While the set path is designed for the average, chances are you aren't -exactly- average.

can you not ask someone for a spot? most people in the gym really don't mind giving a hand.
    LaLa

until I get lean I dont want to try it out......not many guys in the gym here....at the most 3-4 at a time...I eventually would like to barbell bench press but that is whenever I get lean ...I'm also under the impression that a spotter will spoil my concentration as you tend to talk or have a few words with him/her between your sets...

JMO

Raj

Why do you have to be lean to bench free weights? I wo at home so I don't have a spotter. I probably do 1 rep less then comeplete failure. I can tell when I am getting close. Though I've dumped a few too. I've never used a smith machine even when I worked out in gyms. I would think though an advantage is you can go to failure. So that would be a plus. Just felt like typing.
    Berserker