The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Leave this blank, right?

HELP! HELP! HELP! (I'm gaining fat)

Okay, here's the deal...the reason I put this in the training thread is because it's mainly a training question. For the past 2 months, I have increased my protein intake, and I have gained weight. I was 140lbs, and now I've increased to 147lbs. However, I've added fat in my abs. It's a bubble down there! I want to keep gaining muscle weight. My ideal weight is to be 165 (I'm 5'6) of pure muscle.

Ok, so the question is - what can I do to lose the fat in my abs? Do I do more ab exercises or do I do cardio? If I do cardio, that means I may lose weight, but I am thinking I will lose whatever fat. Then I can eat REAL healthy and build only muscle. Now, if I am off track here, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE someone steer me in the right direction. I was surprised I added that musch weight WITHOUT creatine. I was pleased, and gave me hope that I can make it to 165 - but muscle, not FAT!

Thank you...I need some real good information!

All work and no play makes me a dull boy

Meeting people, meeting souls, and making love...

Setting goals, working hard to get them, and smiling when you are living them...

to be continued

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Realy there is only two things a bodybuilder does and thats:
    1. Bulk 2.Cut.

When you are bulking you will gain some extra fat. I had a problem with this at 1st but through chatin to people on here i have realised that to maximise muscle gain you will have to be prepared to gain a little fat. Once you have hit your goals through bulking you can then modify your diet so your body becomes a fat burner during this stage you wont gain much muscle but you will be losing the extra bodyfat you have gained during your bulking phase.

Try to not let you fat gain worry you. I have trained for just over two years now without ever trying a proper bulking diet until the last few months it is going well i have put on a good amount muscle but i have also gained extra fat around my mis section. I am not happy with this fat gain but i aim to lose it after xmas.

Lift heavy and eat big - get bulked then strip away that fat later.

I am sure some other guys on this site will have some comments to convince you to not be to worried about your fat gain.

Hope i have helped mate

D221
    "Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body"

Grasshoppa
    If you want your abs to show, cut. If you're gaining too much fat in a short amount of time, lower your calorie intake a bit.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    My God. It's the end of the world....

Leave this blank, right?
    Thank you guys...and no it's not the end of the world, just close to it.

I suppose I should continue bulking until I reach the weight I want. If I start cutting now, then I will still be in the same weight range... if I keep bulking, I will increase weight and muscle, and be able to reach my goal.

So...I'm 147 now...may as well keep bulking until I reach a respectalble 170...ha, that's like 23 more lbs.! Then cut...

Ok...another question to this bulking process...why not bulk (without fat/a small amount of fat)...and I won't have to worry about gaining excess fat...which is the lower calorie intake...i think I got it...
    All work and no play makes me a dull boy

Meeting people, meeting souls, and making love...

Setting goals, working hard to get them, and smiling when you are living them...

to be continued